What's new

Compatibility between Samsung Tv & Panasonic Blue ray home theatre system (1 Viewer)

Neil111

Auditioning
Real Name
Neil Howard
I have a new Samsung 8000 series smart TV and a Panasonic 490 blue ray home theatre system. The sound and picture is great for me, the problem I have is that they are meant to talk to each other through ARC, which they do when shutting down, but not turning on?
I have to go through a lengthy process of turning tv on, turn on B/R which automatically takes me to playing a disc, I then have to go to B/R setting and change from HDMI 1 to ARC, then though tv remote change source from B/R to HDMI 1 which is Sky+. The HDMI lead goes from B/R to HDMI 3 on tv. I tried HDMI 2 (ARC) on tv but no sound at all?
Is there something stupid I'm doing?:confused:

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What "sound" are you trying to get out of the TV?
If APP sound, it can't leave the TV, so you get either OTA or whatever is connected to the various HDMI/component video.
And the "talking to each other" is CEC, not ARC. CEC has no "universal standard"...so no, Samsung and Panasonic don't have to speak the same language.
CEC is the Viera/Anynet

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks