Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A few words about...™ Sunset Boulevard -- in Blu-ray

A Few Words About

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 of 46 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,366 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 09 2012 - 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Dickstein /t/324654/a-few-words-about-sunset-boulevard-in-blu-ray/30#post_3998893 Could have used some zombies to make it better.
  I was under the impression that Gloria Swanson played the part of a Zombie in this film...  

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#42 of 46 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,956 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted November 09 2012 - 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /t/324654/a-few-words-about-sunset-boulevard-in-blu-ray/30#post_3999344   I was under the impression that Gloria Swanson played the part of a Zombie in this film...    
  That's really why there were no doorknobs in the house. We all know zombies have trouble working them.

#43 of 46 OFFLINE   compson

compson

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 07:15 PM

Yeah, but it's about, like, old people.  And it's black and white.  Eeew.
Yes, Norma Desmond is 50. Ouch!

#44 of 46 OFFLINE   Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby

Screenwriter

• 1,170 posts
  • LocationKent "The Garden of England", UK

Posted February 22 2013 - 04:49 AM

I watched this for the first time about a month ago and I thought it was a reasonably entertaining, well acted film and I was surprised I hadn't seen it before. But I was a bit underwhelmed by it. This is the strange thing about classic films, sometimes you see them originally and they remain as masterpieces in your mind, and sometimes you watch again after a gap of years or decades and you wonder what it was you liked about them. I think for me I have come too late to this film to appreciate its qualities others are raving about.

#45 of 46 OFFLINE   Lromero1396

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor

• 640 posts

Posted March 31 2013 - 01:01 PM

Not sure if this is a good place to post this or not, but does anyone know if Roman Holiday is being newly restored and released on BD? I seriously hope that Paramount (or Warner) sees potential in it.

#46 of 46 OFFLINE   GlennF

GlennF

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted March 12 2015 - 09:20 AM

Finally bought this as it was a deal on Amazon.ca at $9.99  Always liked the movie, but the transfer is great!  I was really impressed with the detail, the clarity, the blacks.  Like watching a whole new movie.  Hard to believe the quality when you read what Mr. Harris said at the beginning of the thread about the quality of the elements. (Of course, great as the movie is, it is a little hard to watch Gloria Swanson without thinking of the parodies Carol Burnett used to do of Norma Desmond.)  If you were on the fence about buying this film, I would certainly recommend it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users