What's new

Compatible with this receiver? (1 Viewer)

mhmt

Auditioning
Real Name
mhmt lcn

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
What is your budget for speakers? The documentation is somewhat vague - which doesn't necessarily bode well for their overall performance.

My gut tells me there would be better alternatives available to you. Where are you located? What brands/retailers are available in your area?

That system has an anemic subwoofer - 8" and 120 watts. That's not much at all.

The documentation does not specify a "nominal" impedance. It only lists "4-8 ohm" which may or may not work with your receiver (you want 8 ohm speakers ideally, you can probably get by with 6 ohm speakers, but 4 ohm speakers should be avoided). Hence the confusion.

If you can provide more details on budget and what's available to you, I'm certain we can make a better recommendation.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I see you started a separate thread for the same question (http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/324580/5-1-speaker-system-recommendation-for-vsx-527-k).

mhmt

Auditioning
Real Name
mhmt lcn
Jason Charlton said:
What is your budget for speakers?  The documentation is somewhat vague - which doesn't necessarily bode well for their overall performance.
My gut tells me there would be better alternatives available to you.  Where are you located?  What brands/retailers are available in your area?
That system has an anemic subwoofer - 8" and 120 watts.  That's not much at all.
The documentation does not specify a "nominal" impedance.  It only lists "4-8 ohm" which may or may not work with your receiver (you want 8 ohm speakers ideally, you can probably get by with 6 ohm speakers, but 4 ohm speakers should be avoided).  Hence the confusion.
If you can provide more details on budget and what's available to you, I'm certain we can make a better recommendation.
Hi Jason,
Thank you for the reply. I live in Vienna. I guess I can reach all of the popular brands.
Most of the brands just gives interval for the impedance. They don't write exact number for it.
I am going to use it at 25 sqm room. I guess I don't need so powerful tool. My budget is around 500 EUR for receiver and speaker system. I am planing to buy Pioneer VSX-527-K and it is around 270 EUR. It is 6 ohm receiver. Do you have any 5.1 speaker system recommendation which will be around 200 EUR and fit to this receiver.
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks