• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   editman

editman

Agent

• 49 posts

Posted October 17 2012 - 09:41 PM

Do I need to alter the cross over settings made by MACC or not L+R rear speakers Cambridge S Series S30 Nominal Impedance: 4-8 Ohms Drive units: Tweeter: 1 x 25mm (1”) Woofer: 1 x 115mm (4.5") mid/bass driver Crossover: 1st Order 2 way Recommended maximum amplifier power: 100 watts Ported: 1 Rear sensitivity 90 dB frequency response 55Hz to22 kHz -------------------- Sub Tannoy SFX 5.1 Powered Cross over and AV/ LFE set to max --------------- L+ R front speakers Castle Durham Power Handing 75 w Sensitivity 89 db ----------------- Centre Mordaunt Short MS 5.1 ----------- Pioneer VSX 527 Receiver

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,158 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted October 17 2012 - 11:05 PM

I did. Since my main speakers play down to 35hz easily, MCACC set them as large and I think it set the crossover to 60hz. I changed the crossover to 80hz and set the speakers to small. I also boosted the sub 3db as well. Thanks for posting the information on the speakers but it doesn't help. Your room will also play a large part in this. For example, my right speaker is set 1db louder than the left. The left is near a bare wall which reflects the sound and the right is near a window with a thick curtain which absorbs the sound. MCACC could tell that during the setup and made the appropriate changes. I do recommend setting your mic on a tripod at the same spot you sit and making sure it is at ear level. I used a few pieces of tape to make sure it did not fall off my make shift mounting system.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   editman

editman

Agent

• 49 posts

Posted October 18 2012 - 09:00 AM

ok, thanks for the info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users