Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Denon AVR-1909 Subwoofer problem

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Sequoia93

Sequoia93

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted October 15 2012 - 05:36 AM

So I'm relatively new to home theater systems and recently built a sort of Frankenstein 7.2 system with a Denon 1909. But, recently the subwoofers havent been powering on unless the volume is turned up loud enough, sometimes switching on and off in between songs, or even turning on in the middle of a song. Everything was working fine originally and I can only imagine some setting I haven't figured out yet is causing it. Does anyone have any ideas?

#2 of 4 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,615 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted October 15 2012 - 06:02 AM

Without knowing which subs you got... Nope.

#3 of 4 Sequoia93

Sequoia93

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted October 15 2012 - 06:35 AM

The receiver is the problem as far as I can tell, it's not sending signal to either subwoofers consistently. Also, the subwoofers are completely different brands but turn on/off at the same times. Regardless I'll add the subwoofer models tonight when I'm home.

#4 of 4 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,615 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted October 15 2012 - 09:36 AM

Typically if the auto on/off of a subwoofer isn't working correctly(and "we" had no way of knowing different brands here)... The gain on the sub is too high, which means the gain from the AVR is too low.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users