Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

The Santa Clause: The Complete 3-Movie Collection Blu-ray Review

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,885 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted October 14 2012 - 03:27 PM

A

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,403 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 14 2012 - 05:10 PM

Scores of 2.5 and 3 for the last two films in the series is way too generous, Matt! 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter

• 1,043 posts

Posted October 14 2012 - 06:02 PM

Second film was all right, though not a patch on the first. The third film is waaaay too nasty and generally disagreeable. I'll never watch it again; once was (more than) enough!

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,885 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted October 14 2012 - 06:05 PM

Scores of 2.5 and 3 for the last two films in the series is way too generous, Matt!  :laugh:
What can I say? Just say I was showing the spirit of generosity in honor of Christmas!

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter

• 1,609 posts

Posted October 15 2012 - 07:04 AM

It's funny because my rankings put the 2nd one at the top and I enjoy it very much. The first one is not very family friendly with little ones and that hurts it in my eyes. It is also the cynic's view of Christmas for about 85% of the movie. The third one is even worse. Sure the second one's plot is weaker but it has the most heart.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

• 829 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted October 15 2012 - 10:49 AM

I also like the second one but not nearly as much as the first.  The third one irritated me so much I haven't seen it since its original release.  I'll watch the 3rd one again in December with expectations of disaster just to see if it's really as bad as I thought.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   jim_falconer

jim_falconer

Supporting Actor

• 546 posts

Posted October 15 2012 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for the review Matt.  Unlike you, I enjoyed the second movie almost as much as the first.  The third was terrible on initial viewing, but grew a little on me with the second viewing.  Looking forward to picking up the trilogy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users