What's new

A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection - Best Buy Exclusive (1 Viewer)

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Did a search and couldn't find a thread for this anywhere. Does anyone know what's happening with this release? Best Buy had it on their website last week, and even showed it as being in stock at some stores. I went to one of my local stores today, and it had apparently been completely deleted from the system. I asked an employee about the set, and he tried to be helpful, but he didn't seem to know anything about it.
Best Buy seems to have been having some trouble with their exclusives these days.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I never saw it in my stores even though it was listed as in stock. I know some people got it on other forums, but i never saw a single copy.
I saw the spot in the display where it was supposed to be in several stores however so I'm not sure of the issue and haven't read anything
about a recall or lack of copies.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, the official listing in back on teh BBY website and multiple stores near me are supposed to have it instock. I guess I'll look again when I go in for my last Upgrade run

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Well, I went to another BB near me and they had a copy. Happy to find it, but still kind of a strange release strategy.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I don't suppose that Freddy's Dead is included in 3D?

DavidDTS

Agent
Real Name
David
Bryan Tuck said:
Did a search and couldn't find a thread for this anywhere. Does anyone know what's happening with this release? Best Buy had it on their website last week, and even showed it as being in stock at some stores. I went to one of my local stores today, and it had apparently been completely deleted from the system. I asked an employee about the set, and he tried to be helpful, but he didn't seem to know anything about it.
Best Buy seems to have been having some trouble with their exclusives these days.
Had the same issue and was looking forward to getting it......I resorted to doing an 'in-store pickup' which worked like a charm..........we're talking an exclusive BB release and the left doesn't know what the right is doing.............that corp. is a sinking ship

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
DavidDTS said:
Had the same issue and was looking forward to getting it......I resorted to doing an 'in-store pickup' which worked like a charm..........we're talking an exclusive BB release and the left doesn't know what the right is doing.............that corp. is a sinking ship
Couldn't tell that from my wallet. I've spend more at BBY in the last year+ than I have in years. Last years Black Friday and Holiday season was dominated by BBY deals.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
From what I have heard, this collection is a carbon copy of the UK set, right down to the extras.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by SWFF /t/324455/a-nightmare-on-elm-street-collection-best-buy-exclusive#post_3989622
From what I have heard, this collection is a carbon copy of the UK set, right down to the extras.

They are the same disc images.

DavidDTS

Agent
Real Name
David
SWFF said:
The whole affair was simply ported from the DVD set they had 12 years ago. All the films look like upconverted DVDs. They didn't spend a dime on making this thing for bluray.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by DavidDTS /t/324455/a-nightmare-on-elm-street-collection-best-buy-exclusive#post_3989688
The whole affair was simply ported from the DVD set they had 12 years ago. All the films look like upconverted DVDs. They didn't spend a dime on making this thing for bluray.

Thanks for this added info. I'll wait for it to get even cheaper then the $50 I saw it for. I'm in no rush to revisit these.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Advance ads show the NOES Set will be 39.99 next week so no rush and you can use your U&S coupon for something else unless maybe they'll allow a price adjustment and keep the coupon.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Russell G said:
Thanks for this added info. I'll wait for it to get even cheaper then the $50 I saw it for. I'm in no rush to revisit these.
I certainly not an authority and I've only seen the first three movies but they look like what they are- low budget movies from the 1980's and the Blu-rays reflect that. No one can say that they're demo or reference discs but they sure don't look like upconverted DVDs either. Also, there's no way that 13 year old standard definition transfers are used on the set.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I don't know, I want to upgrade these films to Blu but this set just has "meh" written all over it. True, the films are low budget horror sequels from the 80's but that's no reason to conclude they can't look better and certainly the studio could've put a bit more effort into the transfers. Then again, if they're going the exclusive route then that means the studio doesn't WANT to bother doing anything more than putting out whatever is at hand. I remember when, at Warner, even movies like HE KNOWS YOU'RE ALONE received special treatment on DVD. I miss those days.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I had a clerk at my local Best Buy check their inventory. They showed 2 on hand, yet they could not be found anywhere in the entire store. Maybe the box set is so bad it doesn't want to be bought.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Jonathan Perregaux said:
I had a clerk at my local Best Buy check their inventory. They showed 2 on hand, yet they could not be found anywhere in the entire store. Maybe the box set is so bad it doesn't want to be bought.
Check the Disney section. Or maybe it's in with the Opera CDs :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks