What's new

need help hooking up a newly purchased powered sub! (1 Viewer)

built77

Auditioning
Real Name
mike rogers
i dont know if this subwoofer came with a reciever but it has several speaker inputs in the back have no idea how to transmit the audio through a vga type of connection on the back of the sub. There is no info what so ever on the subwoofer. has any one heard of this type of connector.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
It was probably part of a home-theater-in-a-box. What's the make and model number of the receiver in case it was part of it?

built77

Auditioning
Real Name
mike rogers
I purchased a subwoofer not the receiver. im sure it came from some home theater in a box, ive never seen an input like a vga on a sub before,and im pretty sure that it goes to a receiver other than my old sony receiver str-de675 to operate.
subwoofer=mts-3100 it is well built decent size amp auto on-off speaker terminals fl-fr-c-rl-rr and thats output.now the input terminals rca jacks 1 for tv and 2 aux inputs.tried everything to get it to work with the rca terminals and no sound so it has to be that vga type connection in the back of the sub. have you ever heard of this.. thanks in advance gene c

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You might have to post a picture. If this is a Mitsubishi, they haven't made home audio in close to 20 years(audio that mattered anyway).

built77

Auditioning
Real Name
mike rogers
im just tring to figure out how to get this sub to start pissing off my neighbors.if i did get scammed i only paid 20 bucks for it . it has a 10 in sub the amp is rated to push 250 watts like i said its well built i just want to no how to get thumping,

built77

Auditioning
Real Name
mike rogers
heres a pic of the back of the sub... [ATTACHMENT=398]2012-10-15 00.22.53.jpg (1,870k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks