Help me spend my $$ the right way

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 of 25 OFFLINE   lipets

lipets

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted October 14 2012 - 07:38 AM

I found that link last nite, it still doesn't work, I would just like to see their full line.

Are you saying they wrong about mixing brands is BS

As far as in wall due to foot path area to area the screen wall needs to have in wall on the front L/R, but Definitive's center is wall mounted, but that can go above the screen tilted down a bit I guess.

#22 of 25 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,881 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted October 14 2012 - 07:45 AM

Not sure how the Acoustech site isn't working. Unless you can't see the left side to click on "Acoustech", "BIC or "RTR". How do you get that I called what Crutchfield as "BS"? Crutchfield is REPEATING exactly what I said. Is REPEATING what you'll find at Audyssey. Is REPEATING what you'll find at Dolby. So, how is REPEATING the information "BS"... I don't understand.

#23 of 25 OFFLINE   lipets

lipets

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted October 14 2012 - 08:21 AM

I thought you were saying it sarcastically, Posted Image

That link has a bad dns, I'll try tomorrow.

Forgot to ask you about Yamaha speakers

#24 of 25 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,881 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted October 14 2012 - 08:37 AM

Are you not in the United States? That link works perfectly for me. Yamaha "can" make good speakers. IF you have to everything "as cheap as possible", you could get Yamaha speakers. These aren't bad... http://www.amazon.co...=yamaha in-wall But the point about speakers. Only you know what you like sound wise. Not me, or anyone else.

#25 of 25 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,707 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted October 14 2012 - 11:31 AM

The Acoustech link didn't work for me either. "Internet Explorer can't find..." Their website hasn't been very helpfull to me in the past anyway.. Not much info that I could find usefull. You can probably get better info from a retailers site. Yamaha does make "entry level" speakers as well as some pretty darn good ones. Kind of like Pioneer. Yamaha's entry level speakers are like Onkyo's. Not a lot of substance but they sound pretty good anyway.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users