Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Big Bang Theory Season 6

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#141 of 155 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,025 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted March 14 2013 - 09:07 AM

I think that's going to be the play; that Leonard can't deprive the world of his genetic makeup ;)

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#142 of 155 OFFLINE   Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter

• 1,578 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 02:50 PM

But they have already visited this issue when Sheldon announced that he and Amy were going to have a baby and the plan was artificial insemination. Nothing as icky as the transfer of fluids.

#143 of 155 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,455 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 06:32 PM

So who do you think told the truth of the letter's contents? I think it was Bernie.

#144 of 155 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,777 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 02:26 AM

I don't recall each story (well, other than Sheldon's) but that would be the most likely scenario since they are married. - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#145 of 155 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,653 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 03:19 AM

I vote for Peg-Leg Antoine. Actually, I thought all the stories were well done - and realistic

#146 of 155 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,025 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted April 25 2013 - 07:28 PM

Best intro segment on this show in a long time; the entire joke about SyFy cancelling "Alphas" followed up with the discussion of Buffy Comic Books, and the cruel (but completely accurate) assessment of what happened to Heroes is some of the sharpest writing they've had this season.. good stuff.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#147 of 155 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,567 posts

Posted April 25 2013 - 08:24 PM

Best intro segment on this show in a long time; the entire joke about SyFy cancelling "Alphas" followed up with the discussion of Buffy Comic Books, and the cruel (but completely accurate) assessment of what happened to Heroes is some of the sharpest writing they've had this season.. good stuff.

Don't forget about the mention of Firefly.
I really liked this episode.
I had no idea Alphas was cancelled on a major cliffhanger.

all-banner.jpg

#148 of 155 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,455 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 11:28 AM

I finally got home early enough to see a new episode on broadcast.

I thought Bob Newhart still has it! He was doing his routine rather well with the boys. Perhaps they'll bring him back for other episodes where they try to get him into Caltech as a real scientist.

The joke that Howard found Bernedette's impersonating Raj as sexy was well timed!

#149 of 155 OFFLINE   RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,517 posts

Posted May 10 2013 - 05:59 PM

Enjoyable episode last night. The guys managed to be in full nerd mode while having the girls around. Raj and Lucy's budding relationship has a nice sweetness to it, and the Amy-Sheldon relationship moved forward.  Howard's impressions were great!

#150 of 155 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,455 posts

Posted May 15 2013 - 06:14 AM

Agreed everything in the episode was well done. I like how they are carefully moving the Amy Sheldon relationship the way they are.

I like how they created the Lucy character for Raj and how she is mirroring Raj's similarly difficult social skills. But knowing that his parents won't accept a non-Indian girl, I wonder if this will fizzle.

#151 of 155 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,455 posts

Posted May 17 2013 - 12:01 PM

I thought the finale was surprisingly low key.

The main shocker was for Raj to loose Lucy that allowed him to talk to girls. I was hoping they would not have Raj and Penny together again at the end and I'm glad that didn't happen with Leonard going away to sea. I didn't want to see Penny and Leonard at odds again.

With Leonard going away and Howard's jabbing that his trip to space was a bigger deal had some moments. So in the fall, I'm guessing we'll see the usually reunion episode when one of the boys returns from a long trip. Like when they all went to the North Pole for Sheldon's experiment and coming back Leonard and Penny enjoyed the reunion. Or perhaps the writers will do something different?

Edited by Nelson Au, May 17 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#152 of 155 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,798 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted May 17 2013 - 12:28 PM

I was expecting something big to happen and I guess Lucy and Raj qualify.  The scene with Penny on the couch was hard to watch because it hit so close to home; I'd assume the same happened to a lot of people.  It was Raj being raw and allowing himself to be so open.  Really nice and unexpected touch.

#153 of 155 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,455 posts

Posted May 17 2013 - 01:09 PM

I'll have to watch that scene again. I agree the scene on the couch was emotional and I guess their realization that he could talk to Penny without a drink made me forget that part!

Lucy was such a strong character, I can't imagine she's totally out of the show. And will return next year. But then maybe her only function was to break Raj'a heart and then set him on a new path. Plus I just can't forget the aspect of Raj's parents that will deny him his inheritance if he does not marry an Indian girl.

#154 of 155 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,353 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted May 17 2013 - 04:02 PM

So will Raj's selective mutism be permanently cured, or will he relapse once he has recovered from his emotional heartbreak?

#155 of 155 OFFLINE   RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,517 posts

Posted May 17 2013 - 04:39 PM

So will Raj's selective mutism be permanently cured, or will he relapse once he has recovered from his emotional heartbreak?

If he relapses, it will make this episode and his entire relationship with Lucy rather pointless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users