What's new

The Big Bang Theory Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I did a search and didn't see a thread for the new 2012 season. Has the shine worn off for this series? If there is a thread, please remove my post.
I thought the new season seems to be going okay. At first I didn't like what they were doing with Penny and Leonard's relationship. It looked like Penny was going to dump him again. I liked that Amy and Sheldon were trying to keep them together. But liked that they introduced the assistant for Sheldon with Amy being jealous and it turns around that Penny gets jealous when Sheldon's assistant shows interest in Leoonard causing Penny's lympic or lymphatic system wishing to have Leonard! So it took the assistant's presence to get Penny to change her mind.
I like how they are bringing in the Comic Book Guy, Stuart, more as a temporary placeholder for Howard.
And i suppose it was inevitable that Howard would start to loose his mind while in the space station!
I'm not sure how this odd ball relationship between Amy and Sheldon is going to reach a point where Amy will be satisfied.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
That's limbic.

"I'm just a blonde monkey to you, aren't I?"

The show is funny enough, but like HIMYM, it feels like it's coasting or something.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Hanson, that makes the joke funnier. Looks like Amy is rubbing off on Penny more and more.
Let's see how the season progresses, hopefully things get back to the fun of the earlier seasons. Thogh with all these women in the show now, it's a totally new show. Maybe Raj can get a girl too.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I wonder if Alex(Margo Harshman) is a "one shot" guest spot. She deserves better than the "turds" she's been in.
My favorite line of the whole show (and I'll probably spell it wrong)...
Thrilla Adjacent the Amygdala.
I actually wonder if Mayim comes up with some of these jokes herself.
And about Penny...
I've been in that situation my entire life with this "one particular woman"...(Penny fits this to a T)
We've been friends forever, tried dating more than once...but she never could get past her own "doubts of men". Penny has that in spades. That is a story line as old as time. It, I bet, will play out for as long as this show is on the air. Even if this show lasted long enough(which Jim Parsons has said on Letterman...or was it Leno/Fallon/Ferguson/Kimmel???, that he can't see portraying a "college academic" much longer), Leonard and Penny could marry other people and still have a lasting pining...

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
schan1269 said:
My favorite line of the whole show (and I'll probably spell it wrong)...
Thrilla Adjacent the Amygdala.
I actually wonder if Mayim comes up with some of these jokes herself.
I'm sure Mayim had something to do with that and I thought it was hysterical. Just not a lot of shows could ever pull that one off.
I liek the blonde monkey joke as well .

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
OK. Maybe nobody else watched, or nobody else was bothered by this. But, these guys being the geeks they all are, Howard would be being treated like a god.

None of them would be ignoring him. They would be falling all over him. The writers blew this, badly.

NolanJ

Second Unit
Dheiner said:
OK.  Maybe nobody else watched, or nobody else was bothered by this.  But, these guys being the geeks they all are, Howard would be being treated like a god.  

None of them would be ignoring him.  They would be falling all over him.  The writers blew this, badly.
I disagree. In a "normal" world, they would stop what they were doing to greet their friend Howard, but the competitive nature of the episode between Penny and Amy against Sheldon and Leonard led to the ignoring of Howard being an extremely logical development.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a pretty good episode that illustrated for not just geeks, but what one encounters when they return home from a trip to find his closest friends and family have changed. Not that they were not glad to see him, but as has been said, they were all caught unaware of his early arrival and were so distracted, they didn't register Howard's return.
The one surprise was Howard's mother and the dentist. Poor Howard, his wife was too sick to properly celebrate his return, his friends were too distracted with the competitive desire to beat the girls. His mother. And Raj's new relationship with Stuart. :). As he said, he could do worse.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Dheiner said:
OK.  Maybe nobody else watched, or nobody else was bothered by this.  But, these guys being the geeks they all are, Howard would be being treated like a god.  

None of them would be ignoring him.  They would be falling all over him.  The writers blew this, badly.
NolanJ said:
I disagree. In a "normal" world, they would stop what they were doing to greet their friend Howard, but the competitive nature of the episode between Penny and Amy against Sheldon and Leonard led to the ignoring of Howard being an extremely logical development.
Sheldon's Daily Schedule:
Tomorrow 7:00 - 7:01 - Howard arrival
Tomorrow 7:01 - 7:04 - Worship Howard
Tomorrow 7:05 -_____- Universe returns to its normal state
It was Howard's fault for not following the schedule. Sheldon can't be expected to participate in any unannounced, premature groveling. That just wouldn't do.
David

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh come on guys. Nobody has anything to say about the last few episodes. The last episode "The 43 Peculiarity" I thought was a classic BBT and at least 3 different scenes I'm in tears.
No Amy, No Bernie, no Stuart -- just the 5 originals (with a small role for Nigel from Bones) and one of the great gotchas in BBT history.
Best episode in the season and so far I think one of the strongest seasons to date

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
The teaser for the show with Raj and Howard's reaction had me wondering all week what they could possibly be seeing. Sheldon is about as asexual a character as I've ever witnessed so I figured it wasn't dirty; but still was wondering. The payoff for the scene was pretty amusing. Raj and Howard's overreach of the significance of 43 was typical obsessive compulsive behavior and felt completely appropriate.
I've always liked Margo Harshman and am curious to see how far they show's producers play up the idea of a Penny, Leonard, Alex triangle. Despite even voicing how nice Leonard has been to her, it seems like she takes him for granted, so maybe Alex will make Penny finally commit to Leonard. Her awkward "I love you" seems to point in that direction. We'll see.
- Walter.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
David Norman said:
Oh come on guys. Nobody has anything to say about the last few episodes. The last episode "The 43 Peculiarity" I thought was a classic BBT and at least 3 different scenes I'm in tears.
No Amy, No Bernie, no Stuart -- just the 5 originals (with a small role for Nigel from Bones) and one of the great gotchas in BBT history.
Best episode in the season and so far I think one of the strongest seasons to date
Loved it and didn't want to delete it off the DVR, but alas, our hard drive space is scarce.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Walter Kittel said:
The teaser for the show with Raj and Howard's reaction had me wondering all week what they could possibly be seeing. Sheldon is about as asexual a character as I've ever witnessed so I figured it wasn't dirty; but still was wondering. The payoff for the scene was pretty amusing. Raj and Howard's overreach of the significance of 43 was typical obsessive compulsive behavior and felt completely appropriate.
I've always liked Margo Harshman and am curious to see how far they show's producers play up the idea of a Penny, Leonard, Alex triangle. Despite even voicing how nice Leonard has been to her, it seems like she takes him for granted, so maybe Alex will make Penny finally commit to Leonard. Her awkward "I love you" seems to point in that direction. We'll see.
- Walter.
I think I'd rather see Leonard wind up with Alex, Penny treats him like dirt

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I've often wondered if they're going to have Raj eventually come out as a gay nerd.
The writers certainly joke around the issue a lot, as does this forum, but may be just a setup for something in future episodes. He was shown in bed with a large woman in a recent repeat, but did anything really happen?
Same things with the time he and Penny woke up together, totally innocent.
Pure speculation, but maybe his "freezing up" around women is his true reaction, knowing he can't follow through with what might be expected.

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator
Right, I always figured the final scene of the series finale would have Raj walk into a party or meeting and see a very handsome young man, walk over to talk with him, and then find himself mute.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
MikeEn said:
Right, I always figured the final scene of the series finale would have Raj walk into a party or meeting and see a very handsome young man, walk over to talk with him, and then find himself mute.
I sincerely hope not and would lose a lot of respect (and interest) in this show if they were to go this route. I'd rather if there was some 'closure' to his storyline that it be either 1) he finds that one hot woman that he can instantly talk to, or 2) a woman whom he's already known, either through childhood, or talked to on the computer/phone without seeing her, and then finds in person that he doesn't have that problem.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
KevinGress said:
I sincerely hope not and would lose a lot of respect (and interest) in this show if they were to go this route. I'd rather if there was some 'closure' to his storyline that it be either 1) he finds that one hot woman that he can instantly talk to, or 2) a woman whom he's already known, either through childhood, or talked to on the computer/phone without seeing her, and then finds in person that he doesn't have that problem.
Building on my "prior" comment...wouldn't that possibly make Raj Bi???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks