Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Big Bang Theory Season 6

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#21 of 155 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,926 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted November 26 2012 - 12:34 PM

Also, not that I want to bring up other shows on the BBT thread(but there is some "6 degrees" going on here)... Courtney Ford (hot comic book chic) coulda been more than a 1 episode thing...but BBT chickened out. She (the actress) goes to Parenthood where Parenthood chickens out. Speaking of Parenthood...D'Addario(forget the first name) gets a few episodes and instead of Parenthood letting that simmer for a few more episodes, they throw water and oil in a frying pan that has been on High for an hour... BBT should tread that way because of 2 1/2 and TBG.

#22 of 155 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,606 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 12:35 PM

The writers certainly made Raj appear to be gay. But to me, the character has always shown interest in women. The recent business with the comic book guy was purely innocent. The real evidence he likes girls is his fantasy involving Bernadette. Of course, it can be argued that he may think he likes girls, but deep down, he could be gay and note realize it yet. So it could go that way. I hope he finds a nice girl.

#23 of 155 OFFLINE   Joel Fontenot

Joel Fontenot

Supporting Actor

• 663 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted November 29 2012 - 11:51 AM

We've seem Raj with at least 2 women. There was the larger woman mentioned earlier, but the first was after Penny's Halloween party in the first season's "The Middle Earth Paradigm" - the girl that sits next to Raj saying "how drunk am I?" In the end of the episode, she and Raj are in bed where it's obvious they just finished up. I believe she comments how great he was, and that he's a really good listener.
Joel

#24 of 155 OFFLINE   MikeEn

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator

• 122 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 01:04 PM

I believe she comments how great he was, and that he's a really good listener.

Yeah, she says how great it was because he really knows how to hold his tongue.

Also, he doesn't talk.

#25 of 155 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,606 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 10:23 AM

It must have been inevitable that if the boys were fighting, then the girls would too to defend them. I thought last nights episode was amusing. Sheldon was being his usual obstinate self. The bit about the junk was going into Two and a Half Men territory though. I knew Penny would get it! I wonder if Amy got what she wanted from Sheldon in the back seat.

#26 of 155 OFFLINE   KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 657 posts

Posted November 30 2012 - 11:43 AM

We've seem Raj with at least 2 women. There was the larger woman mentioned earlier, but the first was after Penny's Halloween party in the first season's "The Middle Earth Paradigm" - the girl that sits next to Raj saying "how drunk am I?" In the end of the episode, she and Raj are in bed where it's obvious they just finished up. I believe she comments how great he was, and that he's a really good listener.

Then there's the episode where Raj bribes Sheldon into being his wing man with Hulk hands. "Hulk sad!" :)

I actually got some nice chuckles out of last night's episode. While not quite up to early season levels, it was more humorous than it's been lately.

#27 of 155 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,463 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted December 02 2012 - 01:57 PM

I sincerely hope not and would lose a lot of respect (and interest) in this show if they were to go this route. I'd rather if there was some 'closure' to his storyline that it be either 1) he finds that one hot woman that he can instantly talk to, or 2) a woman whom he's already known, either through childhood, or talked to on the computer/phone without seeing her, and then finds in person that he doesn't have that problem.

if Raj turned out to be gay, you'd lose respect for him? Or did I misinterpret that?

When BBT first started I though Raj's mutism would be a short term thing, that it was too limiting for the character. I now congratulate the writers for keeping the mutism a continually funny and fresh part of the show.

I think I read someplace tht the actor who plays Raj is married to a former Miss India.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#28 of 155 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,277 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 02 2012 - 07:27 PM

I don't know why anyone would lose respect for the show if they had Raj come out. Well I do know one reason but that can't be why, could it.? I saw a rerun of the ep that the old professor went nuts and he let the room naked. Raj ogled him a little too long while saying how much he thought his hat made him looked distinguished.
facebook.com/whotony

#29 of 155 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,100 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted December 02 2012 - 10:55 PM

Did Raj and his Deaf Girlfriend ever clearly sleep together? I'm pretty sure Judy Greer and Raj did The girl from the Halloween party nearly 100% The big girl he woke up in the morning. close to 100% sure I'm pretty sure he and Winnie Cooper did.

#30 of 155 OFFLINE   KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 657 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 10:59 AM

if Raj turned out to be gay, you'd lose respect for him? Or did I misinterpret that?
When BBT first started I though Raj's mutism would be a short term thing, that it was too limiting for the character. I now congratulate the writers for keeping the mutism a continually funny and fresh part of the show.
I think I read someplace tht the actor who plays Raj is married to a former Miss India.

I'd lose respect for the show. From the beginning it has depicted Raj as a heterosexual man (Dave's post does a nice summary). For him to 'come out' now would be as big of a betrayal as Sheldon giving up physics and embracing the liberal arts.

Does my faith play a part? Of course, but since that's forbidden to discuss here, I'll return to my previous statement - it would break the 'rules' the show has already set up.

#31 of 155 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,926 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 11:08 AM

I'd lose respect for the show. From the beginning it has depicted Raj as a heterosexual man (Dave's post does a nice summary). For him to 'come out' now would be as big of a betrayal as Sheldon giving up physics and embracing the liberal arts.
Does my faith play a part? Of course, but since that's forbidden to discuss here, I'll return to my previous statement - it would break the 'rules' the show has already set up.

And no gay man ever resided in a closet the first 25 years of his life...(kicking the soapbox over into the corner now)

#32 of 155 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,673 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted December 04 2012 - 11:32 AM

There have been way too many instances over the years of Raj lusting after women (and not just for show, e.g. dream sequences) for him being gay to make any sense. Bi, maybe, I guess. . . :)
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#33 of 155 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,257 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 02:28 PM

Sheldon giving up physics? What could be worse, maybe Temperance Brennan embracing psychology?

It's a sitcom, with "actors" playing "characters", no need to drag religion into the discussion.
Stan

#34 of 155 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,475 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman /t/324408/the-big-bang-theory-season-6/30#post_4009358

There have been way too many instances over the years of Raj lusting after women (and not just for show, e.g. dream sequences) for him being gay to make any sense.

Bi, maybe, I guess. . . Posted Image

Lusting, but unable to act unless he's drunk. What is the psychology here? It could very easily point to Raj's subconscious stopping him from pursuing women, and alcohol is the only way he deaden his subconscious enough to continue with his heterosexual charade. Isn't it is possible that he passed out drunk before anything happened with any of the women he ended up in bed with?

Meanwhile, Sheldon is NEVER going to quit physics.

#35 of 155 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,612 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanson /t/324408/the-big-bang-theory-season-6/30#post_4009835

Lusting, but unable to act unless he's drunk. What is the psychology here? It could very easily point to Raj's subconscious stopping him from pursuing women, and alcohol is the only way he deaden his subconscious enough to continue with his heterosexual charade. Isn't it is possible that he passed out drunk before anything happened with any of the women he ended up in bed with?

Raj had a threesome with Howard and the girl from Comicon.

#36 of 155 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,926 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 09:17 AM

Raj had a threesome with Howard and the girl from Comicon.

Maybe because Howard was there...

And maybe the Bernadette dreams are again...because of Howard...

It isn't like they flirt with that all the time. And you know(and it is who cares) that Johnny and Sara had the same attraction to each other on Roseanne...

#37 of 155 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,463 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted December 05 2012 - 06:06 PM

Let me make it clear, I have no interest in arguing the right or wrong of being gay, but I do think it's valid to discuss whether Raj is gay.

First, I disagree that Raj has been depicted as hetero right from the beginning. Frankly his sexual orientation is ambiguous. The show has made a running joke (a good one) of Raj and Howard as a couple.

Of the four original male characters it's always been clear that Howard and Lenoard are straight. I'm not sure what Sheldon is, an adolescent who hasn't reached puberty yet? :) Now only Raj has no female companion in his life.

Sure he may have slept with some woman, and we know no gay man has ever done that.:rolleyes:

There was one episode that ends (I think its the end) with Raj saying "Now I know I'm not gay." Something to that effect. When a person says that, they've had questions about the subject, and one incident is not going to erase the doubts.

We continual see a sensitive, even feminine side of Raj in is likes, like books. He likes Eat, Pray, Love. Any guy who likes that must be gay. OK, I wrote that with tongue-in-cheek, but....

By the time the series closes, I hope that Raj finally understands what he is, gay or straight, and is happy and no longer lonely.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#38 of 155 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,277 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 05 2012 - 06:36 PM

I thi k Sheldon is a savant or has asberger syndrome.
facebook.com/whotony

#39 of 155 OFFLINE   Dheiner

Dheiner

Gazoo

• 1,898 posts
  • Location'skonsen

Posted December 05 2012 - 07:56 PM

I think Sheldon is an extremely funny, but completely unrealistic character on a sitcom.
The Green Bay Packers
13-Time National Football League Champions: 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, & 2010

#40 of 155 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,926 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 08:08 PM

I think Sheldon is an extremely funny, but completely unrealistic character on a sitcom.

Really?

I know a married professor that has a PHD in "some math" that has me lost looking at it...(and I took 300 level math classes)...

I'm pretty sure the marriage was never consummated. Both in their 50s...and take separate vacations of the type I'd never take(like seriously, he once went to the Harry Truman library...because he "dropped the bomb"...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users