What's new

30 Rock Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I thought the first two episodes of this last season for the show were terrific, especially last night's riff on the VP debate. Leave it to the clever folks at 30 Rock to take something like the veep debate and make it personal for Tina Fey. The episode last night was clearly all about her experiences playing Sarah Palin in '08. I'm really going to miss this show when it's gone.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Just found out that Tina Fey's real-life daughter, Alice, played the young Liz in one of this week's flashbacks.
Eye-rolling is genetic...
Good God, that was one of the funniest episodes ever. Too much great stuff to process, but I loved Jack taking the phone call to show up at the wedding, and having a tux on once he turned around; Dennis Duffy asking Liz if she was Jewish; a Surge reference!; a Dr. Spaceman appearance. And "Hitler [Colon]: The Boy Who Dreamed of Stars." 30 Rock ain't fucking around in these final episodes.
Harri-Jack Tubman's increasing exasperation with Tracy's ignorance of both facets of shmis identity had me choking ("Use context clues!"). And Liz's wedding was...perfect. She didn't just get to be a princess, she got to be the only princess she actually respects. So sad to see this show go away.
("In Arizona, $2,000 will buy me a castle and a pillowcase full of meth.")
Bonus content:

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Krakowski's delivery is so damn good and effortless that sometimes she'll say a line like, "I didn't want anyone to see me like this she lied," and I'll just sit there for 3 or 4 seconds and then start dying.
"I called my boyfriend O.J., and he said if YOU'RE still alive, then who did I kill??"
"Now that I'm done with these handwriting samples for the FBI..."
"...Ergo! Affleck's finally gonna get that Oscar!"
"...But I do have this pamphlet with lots of drawings of vaginas."
It took a second viewing to see that Jack was reading The Fountainhead at the wedding. One of the funniest episodes of 30 Rock I've ever seen.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Agreed. The last episode was terrific, and the show is going to be missed hugely in my house.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Been meaning to comment on last night's episode, but free-time's been a tad scarce today. Suffice to say...wow.
I don't even know where to begin. Liz singing the theme song. "I ate all that asparagus for nothing." Pearl Harbor Day. The nymphomaniac in the park. The other Liz Lemon in the brochure, not to mention the entire women's awards-ceremony. "Praise Xenu." "Take the disc out and blow on it." "The lack of oxygen is making me orgasm." Jack's eulogy. Kermit!
Just so much greatness. I was dying.
Kenneth: "Mr. Jordan, do you know you why I love television so much?"
Tracy: "Because despite cell phones, iPads, and computers, it's still the most effective portal for poltergeists?"
(And was it just me, or was Liz's ring just the broken-off "O" from the Tito pimp-ring?)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Very much enjoyed Thursday's episode. The highlight, I think, was all the women trying to figure out how to get the DVD to work. Seriously...who here hasn't tried all of those things to make their electronics work?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Tonight starts the show's last bunch of first-run episodes. I can't believe it's going away, but it's been a great run.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Jack and Liz's conversation in bed was just great, basically telling the audience directly that Liz hooking up with Jack simply wouldn't have been interesting at all. And that "jag" line was solid gold. Hell, there were, like, 45 amazing lines in this episode alone:
[*] "I understand the hold old lovers can have over people. In some ways, I'm still trapped under a passed-out Harvey Weinstein, and it's Thanksgiving."
[*]"Where are my manners? This is Florida. Let me boil up a pot of hot Gatorade. Is blue okay?"
[*]"These old ladies turn to each other for companionship, like my Aunt Linda and her roommate Jan. They weren't lesbians, but--OHMYGODOFCOURSETHEYWERE!!!"
[*]"Hank Hooper hates any kind of bad press, and I didn't super-duper-finish law school, so..."
[*]"Colleen Donaghy was gay? She stopped watching the Bruins because Derek Sanderson's mustache made him look, quote, 'Like he takes his sandwich with a pickle'."
[/list] Why must this show leave me when it's still so damn good?? (...Although, since this may be the first long-running comedy to actually have a good last season since possibly ever, I'm weirdly OK with it.)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I certainly think knowing this was the last season has helped the storytelling this year. The season seems a lot more planned out and with a purpose...even if that purpose in some episodes is to stick as many recognizable stars in it as possible. There's the last 30 seconds or so of last night's episode with Hank Hooper coming into Liz's office. Great news which makes Liz feel like a queen...and then the big kick in the gut. For the first time in a long time, I can't wait for the next episode of 30 Rock.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"She was like an angel that fell from Heaven." "So was Lucifer." "I once played a lawyer in a movie, so I know all about winning your son's love back through a magic camera." "Yes, movies are terrible."

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Great cover story in the new issue of Rolling Stone on 30 Rock. Here's an excerpt: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/cover-story-excerpt-the-last-days-of-30-rock-20130118 This show has really achieved something all entertainment strives for but few reach: Always leave them wanting more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks