What's new

Subwoofer Static/popping (1 Viewer)

Cherm2222

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Hello,
My CSX12 Mark II just came in today. However, after I hooked it up and turned the sub on from the back it makes this constant static noise with some popping in there as well. I took off the RCA cable but it kept doing the same thing. I've tried everything I can think of but am now at a loss. I'm really hoping it's something I can fix because returning it would be such a hassle, so any light on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Ground loop would be my guess.
Plug it in somewhere NOT on the same circuit it is now and see if it is silent.
If silent, have fun solving your ground loop...
If still makes noise, have fun with the warranty claim...(which, hopefully and unfortunately, should involve removing the amp to mail just that part back)

Cherm2222

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Well did the same noise on a difference circuit so guess it's a bad amp. How hard is it to remove? I tried a google search but all that comes up are direction/videos for car amplifiers.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
First thing is to contact Cadence...
Maybe they want the whole thing back???
I would think they use a plate amp with easy to disconnect lead wires. To remove the plate amp you need to remove the 16 screws on the outside. But...check with them first.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I would think they use a plate amp with easy to disconnect lead wires. To remove the plate amp you need to remove the 16 screws on the outside. But...check with them first.
It's not always 16 screws. Just remove the ones on the edges of the plate amp. There are others in the middle that hold the components to the metal plate/heat sink.
You can also remove the driver and look at it from the other side. Most drivers have 8 screws holding them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks