What's new

Chicago Fire (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Tonight is the premier of Chicago Fire. I have watch the trailers and it looks like an interesting show. I notice that station/engines are called 51, which is the exact station including engine/squad for emergency! I am wondering if Chicago Fire is the modern version of Emergency!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It isn't but I'm sure it was done in tribute to the show, Emergency took place in california

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Dave Scarpa said:
It isn't but I'm sure it was done in tribute to the show, Emergency took place in california
Hi David,
I realize the Chicago Fire is based in Chicago, but it was more an observation that station/engines were number 51. Emergency! was a classic show and one of the best show on how is showed the work of the fire department. Therefore, Chicago Fire playing homage by using the 51 numbers is a great idea!!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Wow that was boring..
May give it a couple more chances if it survives cancellation, but not impressed at all.
Just a bunch of gym toned male models spouting off terrible dialogue and some bitchy women. Don't see this one lasting much longer.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Stan said:
Wow that was boring..
May give it a couple more chances if it survives cancellation, but not impressed at all.
Just a bunch of gym toned male models spouting off terrible dialogue and some bitchy women. Don't see this one lasting much longer.
I did not watch the episode other then the trailer. The initial trailer look neat with the trucks and accident/fire scenes, but it appear to focus on turmoil within the firehouse. I am not sure making soap opera of a firefighting shows is the direction that will lead to much success unless it is show on station like showtime, hbo,etc. Rescue Me was a Soap Opera as well as such had a limited audience.
Emergency! in IMHO was the best fire fighting show ever produced focus on both the hospital and the firehouse. There was more jokes with the fire fighters the any drama with them. Yes, workplace do have drama, but you do not need to show this week and week out. Hollywood seems to have lost it ways in creativity. I think in the next few weeks there are going to be some cancellations announced from the fall schedule. It is sad that cancellation will happen, but hollywood only has itself to blame along with how TV has expanded to way too many specialty channels. In the past it was easier to keep shows on as their were few channels and it took a few weeks to build an audience. However, Today's TV does not have the same staying power!

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Originally Posted by Stan /t/324356/chicago-fire#post_3988786
Wow that was boring..
One of those models played Chase on House for years. I almost didn't recognize him. The fact he has "lost" his Australian accent was one of the reasons. I enjoyed the pilot. I will watch and hope it doesn't turn too Soapy.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mark_B said:
One of those models played Chase on House for years. I almost didn't recognize him. The fact he has "lost" his Australian accent was one of the reasons. I enjoyed the pilot. I will watch and hope it doesn't turn too Soapy.
I saw Jesse Spencer listed in the credits, but never even noticed him in the show. Without his accent and my not reallly paying attention to the show, didn't even realize he was there. I'll have to watch a little more carefully next week.
Normally watch shows and pay attention to what's happening, but this was so boring it just kind of played in the background while I did other things, only really watching when it sounded interesting.
"Emergency" was a great show, at least I thought so at the time. If it's the show I'm thinking of, I think I was about 10 when it started and haven't seen it in decades, so my opinion may be a little skewed towards a childs' memories.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Have watched the first four episodes of new series Chicago Fire (up to the episode set during Halloween), and I'm quite enjoying this show. Reminds me of the long-running series London's Burning. Most of this new show appears to be filmed on location and it looks great in high definition. Glad that it has been given a full season order.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I am glad this show is still on. KInd of soapy, but I still like it. Does anybody know how much of this is actually shot in Chicago? If it's not, they sure do a good job of making it look like it is.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm reversing my original opinion, just a snap judgment on a single episode.

The show has actually turned out pretty well. A bit soapy as Mark said, but pretty decent. Taylor Kinney is a pretty lousy actor, but he seems to be improving as the season goes on.

Hope it goes into a second season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks