Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Parts 1 and 2: Ultimate Edition

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 of 24 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,910 posts

Posted October 10 2012 - 04:37 AM

ONE OF THE MOST MEMORABLE FILM

FRANCHISES OF ALL TIME

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS™ - PARTS 1 AND 2: ULTIMATE EDITION

6-DISC BLU-RAY™/DVD/ULTRAVIOLET™ COMBO PACK

NOVEMBER 13 FROM WARNER HOME VIDEO

FEATURING THE FINAL TWO CHAPTERS OF

“CREATING THE WORLD OF HARRY POTTER™”

Burbank, CA, October 10, 2012 –Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Parts 1 and 2: Ultimate Edition arrives on November 13 from Warner Home Video. Available as a combo pack and created for fans of the world’s #1 film franchise, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Parts 1 and 2: Ultimate Edition will mark the first time that two films will be packaged together as a Harry Potter Ultimate Edition and available as a Blu-ray/DVD/UltraViolet Combo pack. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Parts 1 and 2: Ultimate Edition will feature the final two chapters of “Creating the World of Harry Potter,” a unique 8-hour documentary series with footage, intriguing stories and an authoritative insider look behind the films. Each hour-long chapter enhances the relationship Harry Potter fans have with the movies and adds to their understanding and connection to their favorite characters and much more (details below). Orders are due October 16; SRP $64.99.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Parts 1 and 2: Ultimate Edition is filled with more than six hours of special features and collectibles including a photo booklet featuring 48 pages of rare photos of the cast and crew, concept sketches and behind-the-scenes insight. The Ultimate Edition also features four limited edition character cards, a lenticular card and a bonus UltraViolet Theatrical Version of the films.

The perfect gift for Harry Potter fans of all ages, the Ultimate Edition give audiences the opportunity to immerse themselves in the world of Harry Potter.

ABOUT THE FILMS

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Parts 1 and 2

From acclaimed director David Yates (BBC’s State of Play, Harry Potter series Years 5-7), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Parts 1 and 2 brings back the ensemble cast including Daniel Radcliffe (The Woman in Black), Emma Watson (My Week with Marilyn) and Rupert Grint (Wild Target) as well as two-time Academy Award®-winner Maggie Smith[1] (TV’s “Downton Abbey,”California Suite, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie), Academy Award®-winner Emma Thompson[2](BraveSense and Sensibility, Howards End), Academy Award®-nominee Ralph Fiennes[3](Clash of the TitansSchindler’s List, The English Patient), Alan Rickman (Alice in Wonderland,Love Actually), and Gary Oldman (The Dark Knight RisesTinker Tailor Soldier Spy) Academy Award®-nominees Helena Bonham Carter[4] (Alice in Wonderland, The King’s Speech, Wings of the Dove) and Imelda Staunton (Alice in WonderlandVera Drake).

SYNOPSIS

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallowsthe seventh and final adventure in the Harry Potter film series, is a motion picture event, told in two full-length parts.
Part 1 begins as Harry, Ron and Hermione set out on their perilous mission to track down and destroy the Horcruxes--the keys to Voldemort's immortality. On their own, without the guidance or protection of their professors, the three friends must now rely on one another more than ever. But there are Dark Forces in their midst that threaten to tear them apart.

Meanwhile, the wizarding world has become a dangerous place for all enemies of the Dark Lord. The long-feared war has begun and Voldemort's Death Eaters seize control of the Ministry of Magic and even Hogwarts, terrorizing and arresting anyone who might oppose them. But the one prize they still seek is the one most valuable to Voldemort: Harry Potter. The Chosen One has become the hunted one as Voldemort's followers look for Harry with orders to bring him to the Dark Lord...alive.
Harry's only hope is to find the Horcruxes before Voldemort finds him. But as he searches for clues, he uncovers an old and almost forgotten tale--the legend of the Deathly Hallows. And if the legend turns out to be true, it could give Voldemort the ultimate power he seeks.

Little does Harry know that his future has already been decided by his past when, on that fateful day, he became "the Boy Who Lived." No longer just a boy, Harry Potter is drawing ever closer to the task for which he has been preparing since the day he first stepped into Hogwarts: the ultimate battle with Voldemort.

Part 2 is the epic finale, where the battle between the good and evil forces of the wizarding world escalates into an all-out war. The stakes have never been higher and no one is safe. But it is Harry Potter who may be called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice as he draws closer to the climactic showdown with Lord Voldemort. It all ends here.

BLU-RAY DVD and ULTRAVIOLET DIGITAL COPY CONTENTS

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Parts 1 and 2: Ultimate Edition Set Includes:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1

o        Blu-ray – Theatrical Version

o        DVD – Theatrical Version

o        UltraViolet Digital Copy – Theatrical Version

·         Creating the World of Harry Potter, Part 7: Story

·         Harry Potter: On the Road

·         Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1: Behind the Magic

·         The Return of the Order

·         Scabior and Greyback

·         Dobby's Farewell 

·         The Look of Bill Weasley 

·         The Weasleys

·         The State of Evil

·         The New Guys

·         One Book, Two Movies

·         The Wizarding Prop Shop 

·         Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2: Sneak Peek

·         Teaser Trailer

·         Theatrical Trailers

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2

o        Blu-ray – Theatrical Version

o        DVD – Theatrical Version

o        UltraViolet Digital Copy – Theatrical Version

·         Creating the World of Harry Potter, Part 8: Growing Up

·         Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2: Behind the Magic

·         A Conversation with JK Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe - Extended Cut 

·         Hogwarts Last Stand

·         The Goblins of Gringotts

·         The Great Hall of Hogwarts

·         Ron and Hermione’s Kiss

·         That’s a Wrap, Harry Potter

·         Neville’s Battle Make-up

·         The Gringotts Disguises

·         Harry’s Death: The Courtyard Confrontation

·         Secret’s of the Cast Revealed! Emma Watson Gets a Red Card – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows : The Quest

·         Secrets of the Cast Revealed! Daniel Radcliffe Discusses His Mentors- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows : The Quest

·         Secrets of the Cast Revealed! Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The Quest

·         Secrets of the Cast Revealed! A Look Back at Severus Snape - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The Quest

·         Exclusive Footage from the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Part 2 London Premiere Revealed! - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The Quest

·         Dumbledore and Harry: A Look Back - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The Quest

·         Favorite Lines with the Harry Potter Cast - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The Quest

·         Favorite Props and Costumes with the Harry Potter Cast - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The Quest

·         Riding Along Memory Lane – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The Quest

·          Finding Luna: A Dream Come True - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The Quest

·         A Tribute to Dobby: The Beloved House-Elf - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The Quest

·         A Special Message to the Fans of Harry Potter - Harry Potter and the Deathly

·         Hallows: The Quest

·         The Cast of Harry Potter Says Goodbye - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: The Quest

·         Deleted Scenes

·         Warner Bros. Studio Tour London

·         Pottermore Preview

·         Teaser Trailer

·         Theatrical Trailers

ULTRAVIOLET DIGITAL COPY

Warner Bros. is taking Digital Copy to a whole new level. The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Parts1 and 2: Ultimate Edition UltraViolet Digital Copy includes a Standard Definition Digital Copy of the theatrical film versions of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2. Special features not included. Limited time offer. Restrictions and limitations apply.  Go toultraviolet.flixster.com/info for details.

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS -  PARTS 1 AND 2: ULTIMATE EDITION

BLU-RAY™, DVD & ULTRAVIOLET™ DIGITAL COPY COMBO

Street Date: November 13, 2012

Order Due Date: October 16, 2012

Catalog # / UPC: 1000327110 / 883929263387

SRP: $64.99

Note: All enhanced content listed above is subject to change.

Academy Award(s)®  and Oscar(s)® are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

About Warner Home Video:
With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a division of  Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc., commands the largest home entertainment distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Video and New Line Cinema.

UltraViolet allows you to collect, watch and share movies and TV shows in a whole new way. Available with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs, DVDs and Digital Downloads, UltraViolet lets you create a digital collection of movies and TV shows. Services such as Flixster and VUDU allow you to instantly stream and download UltraViolet content across a wide range of devices including computers and compatible tablets, smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players. Restrictions and limitations apply. Go to ultraviolet.flixster.com/info for details. Learn about VUDU compatible devices at vudu.com.

Warner Home Video Blu-ray Discs offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. The new formats also provide a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu-bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film.

Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K. Rowling. HARRY POTTER, characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. All rights reserved.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 24 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,449 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted October 10 2012 - 03:25 PM

It's available now at Target as an exclusive.

#3 of 24 Mark Walker

Mark Walker

Screenwriter

• 2,445 posts

Posted October 10 2012 - 04:53 PM

Yep. Picked this up at Target more than a week ago. Call ahead. They only had one copy when I got mine.

Paramount, please release DRAGONSLAYER on Blu-ray

Dragonslayer_1981HTF_zps4e370848.jpg

Vermithrax Pejorative deserves to be seen in high-def.

#4 of 24 Wayne_j

Wayne_j

Second Unit

• 420 posts

Posted October 11 2012 - 08:25 AM

I also got mine from Target. They are apparently forbidden to promote this exclusive, probably to get more people to buy the super expensive Wizard's Collection. It seems to me that the movie discs are exactly the same as the original release discs but with a different label on them.

#5 of 24 Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux

Supporting Actor

• 619 posts

Posted October 11 2012 - 09:24 AM

No 3-D?
My DVDs

#6 of 24 Wayne_j

Wayne_j

Second Unit

• 420 posts

Posted October 11 2012 - 09:56 AM

No 3D at least in the Target version. I already have both films in 3D so it doesn't really matter to me.

#7 of 24 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,449 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted October 11 2012 - 11:22 AM

I picked up the 3D discs from Best Buy, so I don't need them. As you can still get the ultimate editions from the Warner Store and Amazon, this is one way to pick up the extended editions of the first 2 movies, and the all segments of Creating the World of Harry Potter, without having to resort to the Wizard's Collection box set that is considerably more expensive. Of course, the Wizard's Collection includes a DVD and Ultraviolet of each movie--which I don't need.

#8 of 24 Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 260 posts

Posted October 13 2012 - 03:38 AM

So, with this release, is it fair to asume that a DVD-only format of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow Parts 1 and 2 Ultimate Edition is not forthcoming? The reason I ask is because I don't own a Blu-Ray player and I have bought the years 1 through 6 ultimate edtions in DVD format. It looks like parts 7 and 8 of the wonderful documentary Creating the World of Harry Potter are only on the Blu-Ray discs with this release, so fans who bought the DVD ultimate editions and want to complete their collection in that format are out of luck. And this from the studio that mercilessly re-packaged and re-dipped this franchise on home video! Darby

#9 of 24 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,113 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted October 13 2012 - 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Darby67 

So, with this release, is it fair to asume that a DVD-only format of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow Parts 1 and 2 Ultimate Edition is not forthcoming? The reason I ask is because I don't own a Blu-Ray player and I have bought the years 1 through 6 ultimate edtions in DVD format. It looks like parts 7 and 8 of the wonderful documentary Creating the World of Harry Potter are only on the Blu-Ray discs with this release, so fans who bought the DVD ultimate editions and want to complete their collection in that format are out of luck. And this from the studio that mercilessly re-packaged and re-dipped this franchise on home video!
Darby

Unless I'm missing something, I think you are correct.  And that is just wrong on so many levels!  No wonder WB has dropped from my most favorite studio to my least favorite.  It's the FINAL release of the series and they can't even finsh it properly for dvd buyers??!

#10 of 24 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,449 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted October 13 2012 - 01:00 PM

There are plenty of blu-ray players for under $100. There is no need to miss the final two installments of Creating the World of Harry Potter.

#11 of 24 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,113 posts

Posted October 13 2012 - 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Tannehill 

There are plenty of blu-ray players for under $100. There is no need to miss the final two installments of Creating the World of Harry Potter.

True, but that is not the point.  Someone shouldn't be forced to buy a blu ray player to get the last of a series they've collected since day one.  It would be one thing if it was early in the series, but the very last one?  The feature dvds and printed extras already exist; ALL they had to do was press the 2 docs on dvd.

#12 of 24 Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,197 posts

Posted October 14 2012 - 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by JohnMor 

True, but that is not the point.  Someone shouldn't be forced to buy a blu ray player to get the last of a series they've collected since day one.  It would be one thing if it was early in the series, but the very last one?  The feature dvds and printed extras already exist; ALL they had to do was press the 2 docs on dvd.

I agree.  WB should have put out DVD versions to allow fans to finish their collections.

Saying "just buy a Blu-ray player" kinda has a "let them eat cake" ring, IMO...

Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#13 of 24 Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 260 posts

Posted October 14 2012 - 04:25 AM

Thanks for your comments JohnMor and Colin Jacobson! Forcing the DVD collector of the series to shell out an additional $100 for a Blu-Ray player on top of the $45.49 cost of the combo set (at least at Amazon) is a real slap in the face to the consumer. Hopefully, WB will have a change of heart, but I'm not holding my breath. Darby

#14 of 24 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,613 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted October 14 2012 - 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Darby67 

Thanks for your comments JohnMor and Colin Jacobson! Forcing the DVD collector of the series to shell out an additional $100 for a Blu-Ray player on top of the $45.49 cost of the combo set (at least at Amazon) is a real slap in the face to the consumer. Hopefully, WB will have a change of heart, but I'm not holding my breath.
Darby

I wouldn't even put a change of heart anywhere on the spectrum of what to expect.  It has been this way from the beginning of DVD.  There were single disc and 2 disc editions of a lot of movies; one disc had few or no extras; 2 disc had lots of them.  This practice continued with high def releases: they used to get more extras than the DVD.  And now it's happening with the 3D versions.

This is a logical (for the studios) outgrowth of that formula which apparently worked for them.

#15 of 24 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,113 posts

Posted October 14 2012 - 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jason_V 

I wouldn't even put a change of heart anywhere on the spectrum of what to expect.  It has been this way from the beginning of DVD.  There were single disc and 2 disc editions of a lot of movies; one disc had few or no extras; 2 disc had lots of them.  This practice continued with high def releases: they used to get more extras than the DVD.  And now it's happening with the 3D versions.

This is a logical (for the studios) outgrowth of that formula which apparently worked for them.

On individual releases, yes, but NOT on the final set of a 7-part series.  THAT'S the point here.

#16 of 24 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,613 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted October 14 2012 - 05:22 AM

If we're going to have a conversation, John, let's talk.  But please don't yell at me or attempt to treat me with disrespect.  I fully understand you are talking about Harry Potter, with eight movies in the series.

And technically, HP is an eight part series, isn't it?  There may be seven books, but there are eight movies.

My point, John, is that this is not a new practice in any way and has roots going back to VHS if you want to get technical about it.  (Star Wars Episodes I and IV to VI were released on VHS when all of them are on DVD.  Do you have the same problem with Lucasfilm and Fox?  How about the Indiana Jones movies-I'm sure Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is not on VHS while the other three are.)

#17 of 24 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,113 posts

Posted October 14 2012 - 05:32 AM

If we're going to have a conversation, John, let's talk.  But please don't yell at me or attempt to treat me with disrespect.  I fully understand you are talking about Harry Potter, with eight movies in the series.

And technically, HP is an eight part series, isn't it?  There may be seven books, but there are eight movies.

My point, John, is that this is not a new practice in any way and has roots going back to VHS if you want to get technical about it.  (Star Wars Episodes I and IV to VI were released on VHS when all of them are on DVD.  Do you have the same problem with Lucasfilm and Fox?  How about the Indiana Jones movies-I'm sure Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is not on VHS while the other three are.)

There was no yelling in my post.  Single capitalized words are used for emphasis.  It is different from typing in all capitals, which indicates yelling.

And no, there are only seven Ultimate Editions, not eight.  Both parts of "Deathly Hallows" are in one UE.  Where did you hear it was eight?

And again, you are talking about a practice of individual releases of films, not the last of a series of special box sets.  

#18 of 24 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,613 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted October 14 2012 - 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by JohnMor 

There was no yelling in my post.  Single capitalized words are used for emphasis.  It is different from typing in all capitals, which indicates yelling.

And no, there are only seven Ultimate Editions, not eight.  Both parts of "Deathly Hallows" are in one UE.  Where did you hear it was eight?

And again, you are talking about a practice of individual releases of films, not the last of a series of special box sets.  

John--I never said there were 8 UE's, did I?  I said there were eight parts of the movie series.

I know I'm not fully versed in all of the special permutations released for either SW or Indy.  Are you?  Can either of us really say these are or are not the same thing with 100% accuracy?  My guess is no.

My entire point was that this was done before, but apparently we're splitting hairs now.  I have no interest in that whatsoever.  HP is a series.  SW is a series.  Indy is a series.  I'm sorry if anyone didn't see the writing on the wall and assumed Warner was going to continue what they had been doing.  Fact of the matter is they didn't for a reason.  I'm not sorry that years after the high def format war anyone still complains DVD gets the short end of the stick or a studio may or may not suddenly stop supporting that format.

#19 of 24 JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,113 posts

Posted October 14 2012 - 07:06 AM

John--I never said there were 8 UE's, did I?  I said there were eight parts of the movie series.

I know I'm not fully versed in all of the special permutations released for either SW or Indy.  Are you?  Can either of us really say these are or are not the same thing with 100% accuracy?  My guess is no.

My entire point was that this was done before, but apparently we're splitting hairs now.  I have no interest in that whatsoever.  HP is a series.  SW is a series.  Indy is a series.  I'm sorry if anyone didn't see the writing on the wall and assumed Warner was going to continue what they had been doing.  Fact of the matter is they didn't for a reason.  I'm not sorry that years after the high def format war anyone still complains DVD gets the short end of the stick or a studio may or may not suddenly stop supporting that format.

Jason, we are not talking about the HP film series here.  You are talking about something enirely different than we are.  We are not talking about the release of the HP film series on dvd & blu in general.  We are talking about a specifically announced series of 7 special box sets, all with a specific series of pre-announced, pre-advertised extra documentaries, partitioned over the series.  And after people bought the first six of the box sets, WB changes the game plan on the seventh and final box set.  That has nothing to do with Crystal Skull being made after VHS was dead, or the practice you are referring to to push a new format (blu ray is no longer new), or formats changing over the course of a film series.  That is not what is being discussed here.
I guess, these ads should have specified that you can collect them all... except the last one.

#20 of 24 David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 1,970 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted October 14 2012 - 07:21 AM

Jason, we are not talking about the HP film series here.  You are talking about something enirely different than we are.  We are not talking about the release of the HP film series on dvd & blu in general.  We are talking about a specifically announced series of 7 special box sets, all with a specific series of pre-announced, pre-advertised extra documentaries, partitioned over the series.  And after people bought the first six of the box sets, WB changes the game plan on the seventh and final box set.  That has nothing to do with Crystal Skull being made after VHS was dead, or the practice you are referring to to push a new format (blu ray is no longer new), or formats changing over the course of a film series.  That is not what is being discussed here.    I guess, these ads should have specified that you can collect them all... except the last one.

Is all this just speculation based on the Bluray press release or has somebody from Warner's stated that there will not be a DVD release? Since DVD still outsells Bluray 2:1 I can't see any reason to expect WB not to release the last Box set of this cash cow. I've heard so many different dates listed for this set that it becomes nearly impossible to keep all the rumors straight. Surely someone here has enough contacts with WB to get a straight answer    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users