Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection Blu-ray Review - Recommended

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 of 107 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted October 30 2012 - 03:42 PM

..and created a continuity error. Now there is a branch on the right side of the frame that pops out in the second shot.

#102 of 107 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted November 25 2012 - 07:23 AM

I bought this boxset on one of Amazon's Black Friday deals, just £22.50 delivered, i am pleased and looking forward to viewing them.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#103 of 107 Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 09:12 AM

I bought this boxset on one of Amazon's Black Friday deals, just £22.50 delivered, i am pleased and looking forward to viewing them.

Snap, me too! At around £2.80 a movie (& then there's all the docs) it really is dirt cheap. DVD was never this cheap. Plus, bought the Jaws Blu for £7 in a Sainsbury's online one day offer.

#104 of 107 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted December 02 2012 - 06:35 AM

Was Creature filmed completely in black and white or is there sepia tones, by this i mean when viewing it, and i intend to view it nearer Xmas, will i see sepia tones or can i expect it to be completely black and white photography. ?

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#105 of 107 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Advanced Member

• 5,331 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted December 02 2012 - 07:37 AM

As I recall, Creature was completely black and white.

#106 of 107 Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek

Advanced Member

• 2,720 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 09:17 AM

The only Golden Age 3-D titles released in Sepia were MAN IN THE DARK and SPOOKS. UI had planned IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE for Sepia but the light loss was too severe when projected through polarizing filters and it went out in black and white.

Bob Furmanek

www.3dfilmarchive.com

As there has been some colorful debate about the meaning of "Director-approved" transfers and how it relates to how widespread 1.66 was in the UK, I will make the following point. The dominant aspect ratio at British Studios between 1955-1970 WAS 1.75. This is based on research going through trade listings of hundreds of British films, as well as studio archives and other primary sources. 1.85 was the second most listed aspect ratio, with 1.65/1.66 a distant third.

Tom Crossplot - July 2013

#107 of 107 RBlenheim

RBlenheim

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted January 11 2013 - 12:30 PM

I received the UK set about a week ago and found, so far, the films look and sound beautiful. As far as the bookmarks feature, I had no trouble in making a bookmark. And, eventually, I figured out how to play from a bookmark (1. Press pause; 2. move cursor over to "bookmark"; 3. Push 'down arrow' to highlight the bookmarks; 4. Right or left arrow until the bookmark you want 'lights up'; 5. press the enter button). BUT... How do I REMOVE bookmarks I already set? I've spent more than 15 minutes trying to delete a bookmark and have not figured out how to do that! Does anyone know? Bob Blenheim

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blu-ray Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users