Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

A few words about...™ The Living Daylights -- in Blu-ray

A Few Words About

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert Harris

Robert Harris

Archivist

• 7,553 posts

Posted October 07 2012 - 10:46 AM

The 15th Bond production, and the first of two from Timothy Dalton, this Blu-ray, which is also a Target exclusive, is another very good looking release.

No problems here.

Image - 4.5

Audio - 5

Recommended.

RAH

• Osato likes this

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,884 posts

Posted October 08 2012 - 09:47 AM

The Living Daylights is one of the few James Bond films I can watch repeatedly. I might buy this BRD.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Brent Avery

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor

• 702 posts

Posted October 08 2012 - 11:16 AM

Finally watched it on a large 2:35 screen and it looked pretty darn good - for 10.00 at Best Buy up here cannot complain. I just love the John Barry score and the title/ end credit songs too.
  • Osato likes this

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   AKopola

AKopola

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 16 2012 - 03:41 AM

Very happy to hear The Living Daylights has turned out well on Blu Ray. Loved Dalton as Bond. Guaranteed buy for me. The first Bond I saw at the cinema and felt he was a nice change after 12 years of Roger Moore. But no denying Roger Moore was very funny. Will not be buying the box set as the reviews have not been great especially Goldeneye. That is unacceptable for a 50th anniversary.
  • Osato likes this

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   theonemacduff

theonemacduff

Second Unit

• 321 posts
  • Locationthe wet coast

Posted October 16 2012 - 06:35 PM

Yeah but the best part, the absolute tops, is the cargo net stunt towards the end of the flick. DONE FOR REAL!!! No CGI!!! Amazing. For me, the best part of any of the Bond pictures was always the stunt work, the way in which they worked to constantly better themselves. Moonraker kind of sucks from a plot point of view, but the opening, with three guys jumping out of a plane and only two chutes between them .... astounding. Actually, I take that back. It's not so much that it sucks, plotwise, but rather that there is no plot, it's just pure constant motion. And speaking of people jumping out of planes, Gypsy Moths is one that really out to be out on BR, along with Blue Max, and The Great Waldo Pepper (which has a weak ending, but who cares?).
  • Osato likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A Few Words About

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users