What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Tomorrow Never Dies -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Target either selected the right titles in the series, or someone there is simply lucky, as the three that they currently hold exclusively, are of far better quality than those of Walmart.

For those counting, Tomorrow Never Dies is the 18th film in the series, and the second outing for Pierce Brosnan, who would make two more.

Superb color, densities, shadow detail, a bit of grain. Overall a quality Blu-ray, and far superior to the aforementioned Walmart titles.

Image - 4.5

Audio - 5

Recommended.

RAH

Mikey1969

Second Unit
Real Name
M. Fox
Just watched this and was very underwhelmed with the presentation: poor contrast, color, and only a modest increase in detail over the SD DVD. Strange that Spy Who Loved Me and even On Her Majesty's Secret Service (both recently viewed on the same setup) look so much better on bluray.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've seen every Bond movie in a theater, and I have always thought that Tomorrow Never Dies was the most drab of all the movies in terms of color and clarity. I used to think that maybe the theater where I saw it just had a worn print, but it's never looked wonderful in any home video format.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Matt Hough said:
I've seen every Bond movie in a theater, and I have always thought that Tomorrow Never Dies was the most drab of all the movies in terms of color and clarity. I used to think that maybe the theater where I saw it just had a worn print, but it's never looked wonderful in any home video format.
Watching it right now. I agree it's a bit soft looking at times. It's not one of the bond films that really pops picture wise.

Looking forward to new transfers in 3 years when the next bond hits theaters.

I really like this bond film too. It was just as thrilling as goldeneye in 1997 when I saw it several times in the theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks