-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Would love to see the 60s cartoon THE MIGHTY HEROES

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 819 posts

Posted October 07 2012 - 10:03 AM

This ralph Bakshi superhero spoof was way ahead of its time. I used to watch this and THE MIGHTY HERCULES (which finally is available-loved the song, but the centaurs scared the Hell out of me as a kid). Is there some kind of music rights hold up with this?

#2 of 3 DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,942 posts

Posted October 08 2012 - 08:45 AM

Don't know if there's any rights issues, but the first volume is only 110 minutes long.

#3 of 3 Sky Captain

Sky Captain

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted October 08 2012 - 12:43 PM

This ralph Bakshi superhero spoof was way ahead of its time. I used to watch this and THE MIGHTY HERCULES (which finally is available-loved the song, but the centaurs scared the Hell out of me as a kid). Is there some kind of music rights hold up with this?

It's possible that because it hasn't been seen in a long while, there might be no market for it considered by the current rights holder (CBS Studios/Paramount Home Video). I'm also wishing that they could put Sally Sargent on DVD as an add-in to any Terrytoons DVD, and maybe even revive the character as a rival and competitor to Kim Possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users