Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
--And the following TV on DVD releases are on sale at Target this week:

$27.99: Bones: Season 6, Warehouse 13: S3

$29.99: Once Upon a Time: S1, Grimm: S1

$32.99: Walking Dead: S2

$34.99: Game of Thrones: S1

--Target Odds and Ends: Some Nickelodeon titles are on sale.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'll be getting E.T. from target in the steel book and from BB in the digi using the t&s coupon.
Also Promethius from BB although I'm tempted by the photo book at Target where it's $8 more but I could use
That $8 towards the real photo book which is about $22 on amazon.
Little Shop is on wish list until it is cheaper. Hopefully the same thing won't happen as last time.
I had one in my hands on release day for the original DVD but decided not to buy it.
Poseiden Adventure was previously a Walmart exclusive, now it's not.
I recommend finding Find Me Guilty. A very good court room movie that's also a little funny dir by Sidney Lumet.
$5 at with the coupon if you can find a copy of it at BB

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Thanks Mike. E.T. for sure, Prometheus I will pick up at the Fox store when we are on the lot as part of the HTF meet. I also just remembered that I ordered Ice Station Zebra the day it was announced!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Thanks, Mike!
E.T. digibook for me from Best Buy, from Amazon, Rock of Ages, Little Shop of Horrors, Dial M for Murder 3D, and Prometheus 3D (which I've had on preorder since before the movie came out...got $10 movie cash to see the movie, and still got it for $24.99 from Amazon). The Amazon package will be here on Tuesday, and the first disc I am playing, despite having the 3D rig, is Little Shop...I can't wait to see the original ending, finished, and in color!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for the Roundup. Rock of Ages and Little Shop are on their way to me from Amazon, having shipped earlier today. I would love to get Great Mouse Detective and E.T. now, too, but four Blu-rays = more money than I want to spend in a single week, so I'm giving preference to the titles I don't already own (Little Shop I do own, but the new cut puts it into the new category, especially because I have always abhored the ending to the theatrical release.) The other ones I'll pick up some other time.
In regards to Target's pricing of Rock of Ages: I'm going to guess that that odd wording means single-disc DVD is probably $14.99, their 2-disc DVD is $19.99 as stated and the Blu-ray combo is $22.99. Since the Blu-ray combo usually contains extras which are not offered on DVD, I would also venture a guess that the exclusive content in Target's second disc is probably just stuff that is on the Blu-ray in high def but not available elsewhere in SD. This is just a guess, but Wal-Mart had a similar situation with one of the Deathly Hallows films if I remember correctly. I am buying the Blu-ray combo pack expecting that all the extras will be on there, and if I later find out that Target's content is something else, then wow, that's really a way to treat the fans. I understand the appeal of exclusive releases to the stores, but it is a pain as a collector trying to get everything. I like the movie, but I've only got one purchase in me and it's going to be for the film in HD.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Killer week for me
E.T.
Prometheus
Little Shop
Magical Mystery Tour
It's Always Sunny
One thing that annoys me though is releasing Sunny two days before the new season starts. Give me a week at least to watch the BD release before the new season begins
Thanks, as always.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I have ET, Prometheus and Great Mouse Detective all pre-ordered from Amazon...but I'm three seconds away from canceling Prometheus for the same reason as Adam. Part of me wants to punt ET, too, but I'm all about the free shipping. I've been buying WAY too many movies lately.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Jeff Brooks /t/324264/weekly-roundup-10-9-2012#post_3985324
Can anyone tell me whether they think BB will accept both the trade-in $5 coupon and a Universal $3 coupon on one Blu-ray?

I've done this a handful of times without issue. In fact, on one occasion, I used the U&S coupon, the Universal $3 off coupon, and a $5 Reward Zone certificate all at the same time on a single purchase.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks mike! Looks like another expensive week for me...

E.T. (Digi-book)
Prometheus (3D)
Dial M for Murder (3D)
Strangers On a Train
Little Shop of Horrors
Magical Mystery Tour
Whatever Happend to Baby Jane?

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm almost afraid to look at the WRU these days, Mike! My wallet needs a serious transfusion of cash, STAT!

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
pitchman said:
I've done this a handful of times without issue. In fact, on one occasion, I used the U&S coupon, the Universal $3 off coupon, and a $5 Reward Zone certificate all at the same time on a single purchase.
Thanks! I will give it a shot, then. You have to save, where and when you can!
It looks like maybe ET digibook and another Universal title for me, along with Prometheus.
Thanks, Mike Frezon, for putting this together every week. I always use your information, even when not buying.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm working on the Eclipse box set as we speak. Hopefully the review can go up tomorrow. As for this week's Fox titles, well, when they arrive, I'll get to work on them.

I have to save my money for holiday deals, but I pre-ordered the E.T. digibook from Best Buy and it is already on its way!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Okay, it's official. I, too, am afraid to click on the Weekly RoundUp!

DIAL M FOR MURDER (already have it pre-ordered)
STRANGERS ON A TRAIN
DEAD RINGER
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE?
E.T. - at Best Buy or Target - don't know which yet.
PROMETHUS 3D

But not all this week. No way. I'm at a point in this incredible season when things that aren't critical because of a special edition or special deal will have to start waiting for a while. I need to go back to keeping a want list!

Larry Gelfand

Premium
Real Name
Larry Gelfand
This is a re-release of I Love Lucy (still by Paramount). Amazon lists the release date of seasons 5-9 as Nov 6, 2012. If Target has them this week, then it probably IS a Target exclusive. The release date of seasons 1-4 is Oct 9, 2012. The packaging has definitely changed. I don't know if the disks themselves have changed.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
Thanks for the roundup and BB's Upgrade and Save heads up :cool:
Went over to swap the three Alien movies but 'Aliens' was out of stock, picked up "Taken" instead, the Customer desk didn't even know the program was back today again and were trying to brush me off, had to show them the flyer, they had no "coupons" to give out, so after a short conference with manager they figured out how to do it without coupons..will go back for Aliens this week hopefully they'll have coupons by then...:rolleyes:
By the way the Alien movies plus those others listed above @14.99 are all 9.99 this week. For the same price they also had for trade Fargo, Pulp Fiction, Something about Mary, plus many other that were available last time around,

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Larry Gelfand /t/324264/weekly-roundup-10-9-2012#post_3985525
This is a re-release of I Love Lucy (still by Paramount). Amazon lists the release date of seasons 5-9 as Nov 6, 2012. If Target has them this week, then it probably IS a Target exclusive. The release date of seasons 1-4 is Oct 9, 2012. The packaging has definitely changed. I don't know if the disks themselves have changed.

I don't think there's any doubt to any of that, Larry. I just think it's an odd exclusive for Target (and possibly an aggravating retailer exclusive for I Love Lucy fans). If they don't have access to a Target...they've got to wait a month before completing a set.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
ET for me this week. One of the things that will make me happy about this upgrade is that I always HATED the fact that there was nothing printed on the spine of the ET DVD release. Horrible packaging. As long as the Target steelbook has printing on the spine identifying the title...I might go with that. Otherwise, it'll be off to Best Buy for a digibook.

I'm not OCD about this sort of thing...but that DVD packaging for ET always bugged me!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks