Photo
- - - - -

Tiny Toon Adventures Volume 3 will have the missing episode on this release after all...see this link.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 rmw650

rmw650

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted October 05 2012 - 09:39 AM

http://www.tvshowson...-included/17575 This newest release WILL be including the missing episode from this particular season when it comes out in January. More details at the link above.

#2 of 10 Adam4Rizzel

Adam4Rizzel

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted October 05 2012 - 10:15 AM

This is great news, but I still wonder if "One Beer" will be included.

#3 of 10 rmw650

rmw650

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted October 06 2012 - 01:43 PM

This is great news, but I still wonder if "One Beer" will be included.

Probably on Volume 4's release when it is released sometime next year.

#4 of 10 Tom M

Tom M

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted October 06 2012 - 03:27 PM

Probably on Volume 4's release when it is released sometime next year.

"One Beer" is part of the Elephant Issues episode. Tiny Toons episodes consisted of either one single story or two or three mini stories. Elephant Issues had, IIRC, three stories. Elephant Issues was a parody of Afterschool Specials and other such programs. "One Beer" has Buster being peer pressured into drinking a beer with Hammy and Plucky. They then go driving and end up crashing the car and getting killed. Many parents did not recognize the absurd humor in the episode that "one time" can have fatal consequences and were offended. They complained to FOX and the episode never ran again. My guess is that the episode will be uncut or WB would've mentioned otherwise.
My crummy Deviant Art page. Read my epic poem The Pirate's Tale written in tribute to the Ozy & Millie comic strip.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

#5 of 10 MatthewA

MatthewA

Advanced Member

• 5,788 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted October 06 2012 - 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tom M 

"One Beer" is part of the Elephant Issues episode. Tiny Toons episodes consisted of either one single story or two or three mini stories. Elephant Issues had, IIRC, three stories.
Elephant Issues was a parody of Afterschool Specials and other such programs. "One Beer" has Buster being peer pressured into drinking a beer with Hammy and Plucky. They then go driving and end up crashing the car and getting killed.
Many parents did not recognize the absurd humor in the episode that "one time" can have fatal consequences and were offended. They complained to FOX and the episode never ran again.
My guess is that the episode will be uncut or WB would've mentioned otherwise.

I saw the episode when it originally ran, and never again. Now I know the reason I only saw it once.

Parents just don't understand. Posted Image

#6 of 10 Tory

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

• PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted October 07 2012 - 05:49 AM

The episode aired more than once. I don't now where this myth comes from and when they stopped showing it but it aired many times.
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#7 of 10 Tom M

Tom M

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted October 08 2012 - 05:21 PM

The episode aired more than once. I don't now where this myth comes from and when they stopped showing it but it aired many times.

You are correct...sort of. FOX did indeed air the episode only once but it was included when the series was syndicated. Many stations skipped it though due to the controversy. It was hit and miss as to when, or if, a station would show it. Fact is, the episode is rare.
My crummy Deviant Art page. Read my epic poem The Pirate's Tale written in tribute to the Ozy & Millie comic strip.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

#8 of 10 The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted October 08 2012 - 10:32 PM

I'm feeling optimistic, and betting the One Beer segment makes it to DVD, but only after WB puts a parental advisory disclaimer on the disc and maybe says the set is for adult collectors only.

#9 of 10 Tory

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

• PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted October 09 2012 - 07:02 AM

Hey can we start discussing about a request to get the pilot of The Plucky Duck Show on the final volume?
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

#10 of 10 WhitneyG

WhitneyG

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted October 10 2012 - 03:10 AM

Hey can we start discussing about a request to get the pilot of The Plucky Duck Show on the final volume?

Don't forget the two post-series specials (Tiny Toon Spring Break and Tiny Toons' Night Ghoulery)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users