Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Supernatural Season 8

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 of 54 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,875 posts

Posted February 06 2013 - 04:50 PM

Dean and the gay stalker bit was good, but my favorite comedy moment was Sam warming his hands on the fire at the grave when they burnt the Thule agent. Nice episode that opens up new possibilities if the Gates of Hell are closed and the Winchesters still need to hunt the big bad guys if the show comes back next year. - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#22 of 54 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,824 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted February 07 2013 - 12:22 AM

Nice episode that opens up new possibilities if the Gates of Hell are closed and the Winchesters still need to hunt the big bad guys if the show comes back next year.
Maybe I've forgotten but have they specified what happens to the baddies that are already in our world if the gates of hell are closed? I assume they'll be stuck here and that gives the writers plenty of potential stories. That's a little less grand than closing hell but it still gives them options for the monster of the week episodes.

#23 of 54 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,762 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted February 07 2013 - 05:49 AM

If it gets rid of this never-ending angels vs. demons story line, and gets the show back to its original premise, I'm all for it. I still usually enjoy the show, but it's a pale imitation of the first couple of seasons.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#24 of 54 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,824 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted February 07 2013 - 06:47 AM

If it gets rid of this never-ending angels vs. demons story line, and gets the show back to its original premise, I'm all for it. I still usually enjoy the show, but it's a pale imitation of the first couple of seasons.
If they close the gates of hell, I wouldn't mind seeing them end the show this season but if there's another season, I'd like to see them mopping up what's left of the monsters out there and traveling from one place to the next helping people. Like I said, it's not as big of an idea as what they've done in the last few years but I like bringing things back around to the beginning too.

#25 of 54 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,194 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted February 07 2013 - 09:35 AM

Him warming his hands was great stuff. Look, I've been an advocate of Supernatural as it's gone on I think it's had some pretty good seasons here. I didn't mind the Michael/Lucifer showdown. I thought last year was pretty clunky with the guys coming out of purgatory, though there were some great episodes there also. But I like how they are slowly putting this season together.  This season has been a lot of "monster of the week" episodes, but the backstory still slowly trickles through. I like where this "men of letters" thing could go.
trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#26 of 54 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,181 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted February 07 2013 - 02:20 PM

I do, too. I'm very pleased with where the show is right now. I've enjoyed this season so far much more than last season.

#27 of 54 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,590 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 02:57 AM

Not to mention that kickass new bat cave they have now....
It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink:

#28 of 54 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,762 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted February 11 2013 - 08:32 AM

Just renewed for next season

#29 of 54 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,181 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted February 11 2013 - 09:05 AM

I couldn't be happier about this. The last two episodes have really set the show on a fresh, exciting path that I'm eager to see developed more.

#30 of 54 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,194 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 10:53 AM

Same here. The last two eps and the direction this is going breathes a lot of new life into Supernatural and really makes it a whole different vibe that works. What really works about this is that we know in past episodes that the angels worked to make sure their parents came together, but having them expand that small bit of information into: here's why is great stuff. The comedy has worked really well this season and I like the general "messiness" of it this year.
trakt.tv

#31 of 54 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,194 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 01:35 AM

Another pretty good ep that focused on the story arc but gave us a lot of great moments. Dean settling in and cooking while marveling over having "his own room" was some good stuff. I also liked how they played out who sold their soul.  It was easy to figure out about half way in, but it was still a great payoff. I hadn't seen them do the CGI stuff for a hell hound attack before but quite liked it.
trakt.tv

#32 of 54 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,181 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted February 14 2013 - 08:26 AM

Yep, enjoyable episode. Dean's interests in "nesting" have expanded his character tenfold this season, all very effectively.

#33 of 54 OFFLINE   PatW

PatW

Screenwriter

• 1,542 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 07:32 PM

For me Season 4 & 5 were the strongest. I happen to enjoy the heaven and hell storylines the best. Reconning back to the Season 1 stories is going backwards in my opinion. We had that in Season 7 even, which to me was the weakest overall. I love the direction of Season 8 so far and I'm interested in who the hell Naomi is and would like to learn more about the MOL and I just love their cool new digs. Yes Supernatural this year is striking all the right chords.

#34 of 54 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,194 posts

Posted February 28 2013 - 12:08 AM

Enjoyed everything about this episode.  A good monster of the week episode, setting up the new digs and yet in the background we still had the quest of the season. This to me is Supernatural at it's best. I wish more series would realize that you can have a large arch and still episodes that work on their own.
trakt.tv

#35 of 54 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,181 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted February 28 2013 - 12:14 AM

I wanted to drop kick that mother for letting Zeus escape; why not trust the guys that actually brought him there in the first place? They'd have to know something to be able to summon him!

#36 of 54 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,194 posts

Posted March 23 2013 - 04:09 PM

I really like how they are handling Naomi and Cass now.. I'm not sure where it's going, but it's turned into a pretty interesting little plot, and now we know that there is some connection between the desires of the demons for the demon tablet and the hunt for the Angel tablet. What it accomplishes, we still don't know.. but it's not necessarily assured that it closes the door to heaven.

trakt.tv

#37 of 54 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,181 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 23 2013 - 06:21 PM

The Dean and Castiel dynamic was as strong and striking this week as ever before. Found it really engrossing and touching, too.

#38 of 54 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,194 posts

Posted March 28 2013 - 05:15 PM

I really liked revisiting an old storyline and bringing a different twist on the conclusion. I hadn't thought about that little girl since that episode, but it was a great way to highlight that she's not that much younger than Dean & Sam when they started

trakt.tv

#39 of 54 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,181 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 28 2013 - 06:24 PM

I enjoyed the episode very much. I did figure out who was behind it before the big reveal, but that didn't make the show any less entertaining.

#40 of 54 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,194 posts

Posted April 03 2013 - 06:56 PM

Moved a lot of storylines forward tonight, and we closed off a few.  I really like that the innocent in hell turned out to be Bobby, I think that was a great use of cast. 

Naomi is desperately trying to twist things up; and now Kevin is captured. Lots of fast moving action tonight and for the most part it worked.

trakt.tv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users