Blue Bloods Season 3 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Premieres tonight.

I know, cop procedurals don't get a lot of sway here, but I admit, this is the one I really enjoy following ATM.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Did Blue Bloods' third season premiere fare better quality-wise compared to Hawaii Five-0's third season premiere?

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Originally Posted by WaveCrest /t/324087/blue-bloods-season-3#post_3981546
Did Blue Bloods' third season premiere fare better quality-wise compared to Hawaii Five-0's third season premiere?
I enjoyed them both. Suspension of disbelief was needed for both, but, what the hell, it's TV.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Don't know about the ratings (haven't checked TV By the Numbers) but I enjoyed the Blue Bloods premiere more than Five-Os. They are both just television but the general level of acting on Blue Bloods is better; plus having Mr. Blonde as an antagonist in your opening episode is a plus.
- Walter.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Walter Kittel said:
Don't know about the ratings (haven't checked TV By the Numbers) but I enjoyed the Blue Bloods premiere more than Five-Os. They are both just television but the general level of acting on Blue Bloods is better; plus having Mr. Blonde as an antagonist in your opening episode is a plus.
- Walter.
I would tend to agree mostly. After being disappointed with H5O, NCIS and NCIS LA, I thought Blue Bloods was quite nice. But given the fact I like Tom Sellick in most all shows he does, this is still a very strong show.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Oh, maybe it's a simple procedural, but I do love the family element to it. Good "B" story about pops realizing he's getting too old to drive. Tom Selleck is great in this.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
It's been late starting this autumn compared to last year, but the third season of Blue Bloods starts on Sky Atlantic in the UK on Thursday 13th December (not on Tuesday nights this season, compared to the first two seasons).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
With most shows away, I'm catching up on quite a few. Blue Bloods is one of those shows that I get why it works. A show that is 90% self contained story every week with enough carry over and fleshing out the characters to keep people coming back. Tom Selleck is really great in his role.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Shows don't often get things so lucky that a national story mirrors a part of their weekly setup. But Blue Bloods had that bit of luck this week. An episode where an entitled teen felt as though she could flaunt the law in front of a judge and police officers made up the "B" story of Blue Bloods this week and reminded more than a bit of the Florida story of a teen who pressed it too far. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/09/16909871-teen-who-flipped-off-florida-judge-apologizes-gets-released-from-jail?lite Good episode last night.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Did Any long time TV Viewers Notice that the "B" plot to last weeks show was an almost word for word redo of an old NYPD Blue episode from the David Caruso Era? Except in that version the friend of Caruso shoves the guy during a friendly Basketbal game and the guy dies. Upon closer inspection the shows writers also wrote this episode of Blue Bloods, I gues they figured no one would notice.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Upon closer inspection the shows writers also wrote this episode of Blue Bloods, I gues they figured no one would notice.
I re-use my old code all the time. :) I guess it isn't terribly surprising, given the number of years between the shows; nice find. - Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks