Photo
- - - - -

BVHE Announcement: Peter Pan Diamond Edition (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 of 28 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Advanced Member

• 37,362 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 08:06 AM

Sometimes this is all we get from the studio.  More details to follow as we receive them.

View The Blu-Ray Trailer Here:

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 28 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Advanced Member

• 9,954 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted September 28 2012 - 08:14 AM

In the Cinderella package, Peter Pan was announced for Spring 2013, so I'm not surprised this is all the teaser we're going to get for awhile.

#3 of 28 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,797 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 28 2012 - 08:45 AM

I like that cover art. Sigh. The older I get, it seems the more kids movies I buy.:rolleyes:
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#4 of 28 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 01:11 PM

Knew it. Predicted it--just the other day! I also predicted Jungle Book and Mulan, if anyone's interested lol

#5 of 28 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Advanced Member

• 9,954 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted September 28 2012 - 02:09 PM

The Little Mermaid was listed in the brochure as coming in the fall of 2013.

#6 of 28 chadHobbick

chadHobbick

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 03:06 PM

I love that artwork, i'm hoping Disney sticks w/it all the way through till release.

#7 of 28 Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 03:09 PM

LOVE that cover art!

#8 of 28 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Advanced Member

• 14,404 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted September 29 2012 - 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny Angell 

I like that cover art.

Sigh. The older I get, it seems the more kids movies I buy.Posted Image

So true!  Looking forward to this one!

#9 of 28 rich_d

rich_d

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted September 29 2012 - 05:14 AM

The older I get, it seems the more kids movies I buy.:rolleyes:

If Peter Pan is a kid movie, put me done as a kid. Magical story-telling never gets old.

#10 of 28 MatthewA

MatthewA

Advanced Member

• 5,797 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted September 29 2012 - 07:43 AM

I like the artwork, too. It's light years above and beyond the hideously cluttered ones they've been doing.

Originally Posted by rich_d 

If Peter Pan is a kid movie, put me done as a kid. Magical story-telling never gets old.

Agreed. I think "kid's movies" is a pretty limiting definition for most films that bear it. It's an arbitrary, marketing-driven distinction that says nothing about a film's age-appropriateness.

#11 of 28 lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted September 29 2012 - 09:49 AM

"Following the leader, the leader, the leader...we're following the leader, wherever he may go!!!"Posted Image

#12 of 28 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,797 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 29 2012 - 12:43 PM

I like the artwork, too. It's light years above and beyond the hideously cluttered ones they've been doing. Agreed. I think "kid's movies" is a pretty limiting definition for most films that bear it. It's an arbitrary, marketing-driven distinction that says nothing about a film's age-appropriateness.

Perhaps I should have said...the older I get the more I buy movies from my childhood. Of course Disney almost always delivers for the kids and the adults in one package.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#13 of 28 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted September 29 2012 - 04:54 PM

We get Peter Pan and Little Mermaid next year. That's two heavy hitters. 2012 was blessed because we got two more heavy hitters and they got half of their crummiest titles out of the way!

#14 of 28 t1g3r5fan

t1g3r5fan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted September 29 2012 - 08:42 PM

I'm hoping that next year we can get some of the package films from the 1940s out on Blu; tops on my list are Make Mine Music and Melody Time fully restored to their original theatrical exhibition (the former had The Martins and the Coys sequence removed from home video and the latter had some edits to the Pecos Bill segment). But then again, this is Disney we're talking about.

#15 of 28 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Advanced Member

• 9,954 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted September 30 2012 - 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by t1g3r5fan 

I'm hoping that next year we can get some of the package films from the 1940s out on Blu; tops on my list are Make Mine Music and Melody Time fully restored to their original theatrical exhibition (the former had The Martins and the Coys sequence removed from home video and the latter had some edits to the Pecos Bill segment). But then again, this is Disney we're talking about.

If we get those compilation films (and I hope we do because they are enjoyable), I'd almost be willing to bet the changes will still be present. They didn't restore Fantasia's infamous censored sequence (they did clean it up a little so it was less jarring than the DVD and laserdisc renditions), and I suspect they'll let these edits remain, too, as wrongheaded as they are.

#16 of 28 Ruly2

Ruly2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted September 30 2012 - 06:06 AM

Name Peter Pan - Diamond Edition [Blu-ray] Special Features + You Can Fly! The Making of Walt Disney's Masterpiece 'Peter Pan' (Documentary) (1997) + Tinker Bell: A Fairy's Tale (Documentary) (2007) + Paige O'Hara - 'Never Land (Music Video) + T-Squad - The Second Star to the Right (Music Video) + Digital Copy Bluray release date: 02-05-2013 Original theatrical release date: 02-05-1953 total time it took to get onto Bluray: 60 years! source: dvdaf.com

#17 of 28 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted September 30 2012 - 06:49 AM

I think they can put MMM, Melody Time and F&FF on one big boxed set. That'd be fine with me. Also, 3 Caballeros and Saludos Amigos would make a decent double-disc. They really do need to restore the "smoking" scenes to Pecos Bill and the Goofy segment from Saludos. Nowadays they get around those things by putting on that little PSA with Pinocchio coughing up a fit from the cigar; done deal.

#18 of 28 Richard--W

Richard--W

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,527 posts

Posted September 30 2012 - 07:39 AM

That wold be nice. I would certainly welcome Make Mine Music, Melody Time and Fun and Fancy Free in HD, and I would add the feature-length version of The Reluctant Dragon from 1941, but I hope Disney will complete transferring the animated features up through The Jungle Book to Blu-ray first. I hope they'll get the animated shorts transferred in high-definition soon instead of continually repackaging them on DVD. I keep buying each upgrade.

#19 of 28 MatthewA

MatthewA

Advanced Member

• 5,797 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted September 30 2012 - 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ethan Riley 

I think they can put MMM, Melody Time and F&FF on one big boxed set. That'd be fine with me. Also, 3 Caballeros and Saludos Amigos would make a decent double-disc. They really do need to restore the "smoking" scenes to Pecos Bill and the Goofy segment from Saludos. Nowadays they get around those things by putting on that little PSA with Pinocchio coughing up a fit from the cigar; done deal.

They don't need to alter their movies. I think an anti-tobacco PSA should be sufficient, along with a reminder that Walt died of lung cancer.

Three Caballeros would make a stunning Blu-ray.

#20 of 28 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted September 30 2012 - 09:09 AM

They don't need to alter their movies. I think an anti-tobacco PSA should be sufficient, along with a reminder that Walt died of lung cancer. Three Caballeros would make a stunning Blu-ray.

The fact that they'd already dropped about a minute from an already short feature (Saludos Amigos) due to a shot of Goofy smoking, is the sole reason I've absolutely never purchased that title on home video. I think times have moved on, and the film deserves to be seen in its entirety. The title song sequence from Three Caballeros is a manic masterpiece--worth the price of the entire movie alone. Oh yeah--that's something I want to see in high def!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users