What's new

Xbox360 Smartglass (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
As someone who just bought an Ipad3(the newipad) I'm curious to try this out and to see how much I'll be using it.
Smartglass is suppose to come out this fall.
So we should be getting it very soon.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The idea of using tablets with the 360 is cool but the applications they showed were lacking. I don't need a new remote, the other consoles have similar/equivalent Netflix apps, and I don't watch any shows that would actually be made better by having to look away from the TV to get more info.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It looks interesting, at least as a tech demo. But I don't know what the practical benefits are yet.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I've used it briefly.
So far I've used it to navigate the home screen.
And I also used it as a remote control for watching a movie on Netflix.
I like it.

Jonny_L

Stunt Coordinator
Not at all impressed with it. It's just essentially unified remote for Xbox. More of a distracting curiosity than a useful product.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I haven't used my Xbox since the app came out for Android and I'm not sure I care to. Nothing on it seems really interesting. Also, it runs through the internet, not just straight to the console, which means there's a lag AND both the console and phone must be connected.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
the other thing to is that if you had the XBOX app it will automatically switch to smartglass app with the XBOX app update.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I gave it a go. Neat tech demo. But it's harder to use than the controller or my Harmony One for basic nav. And it requires Gold Live to use the Browser. So I don't see any use for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks