Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lionsgate Press Release: Francis Ford Coppola 5-Film Collection (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,074 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 11:08 AM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,292 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted September 27 2012 - 11:46 AM

If it goes on sale I'll bite. I own the apocalypse now set already but wouldn't mind upgrading The Conversation and One From The Heart to blu.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter

• 1,598 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 11:54 AM

Since I don't have Apocalypse Now, this looks like a pretty good deal. I'm not sure about Tetro or One From The Heart so for me right now it is a tough choice to give up the extras on AN for $20 for The Conversation and two movies I don't know for an extra $8.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,359 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 12:58 PM

Visually and sonically TETRO and ONE FROM THE HEART will be ravishing in Blu. As for the content, well, mileage will vary. But the price is indeed right.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationWest Hollywood, CA

Posted September 27 2012 - 01:57 PM

It's indeed a good price, but I just hate multi film sets - they're agony for OCD people and shelving. I only have The Conversation, but would get One From The Heart as a single in a heartbeat. Apocalypse, I might upgrade solely to have it in the proper ratio at last, but when I get that I have to get the set that has Hearts of Darkness, not this. Really what I'd like to see is Tucker done in 2.35 at last. I just looked at the DVD again and it's almost comical on a widescreen TV, it's very clear that 2.0 was not in mind as the ratio when they were filming. The best is how they have to pan and scan the end credits...
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   KMR

KMR

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 03:30 PM

Visually and sonically TETRO and ONE FROM THE HEART will be ravishing in Blu.
TETRO is just a stunning motion picture in terms of cinematography. (Storywise it's pretty good, too. Thematically and stylistically it is somewhat similar to RUMBLE FISH. But better, IMHO...) I can't remember much about ONE FROM THE HEART, since I haven't seen it after the initial release. For me, THE CONVERSATION is a ho-hum selection, but for the more-than-reasonable price of this set I can consider it a "free extra".

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,621 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 03:36 PM

Tetro is playing on EpixHD On Demand until Jan 31st 2013 incase someone hasn't seen it yet.

all-banner.jpg

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationWest Hollywood, CA

Posted September 27 2012 - 03:53 PM

TETRO is just a stunning motion picture in terms of cinematography. (Storywise it's pretty good, too. Thematically and stylistically it is somewhat similar to RUMBLE FISH. But better, IMHO...) I can't remember much about ONE FROM THE HEART, since I haven't seen it after the initial release. For me, THE CONVERSATION is a ho-hum selection, but for the more-than-reasonable price of this set I can consider it a "free extra".
One From The Heart is beautiful, and delightfully stylized and artificial, but in a good way. Coppola uses a lot of stage techniques like scrims and everything is a set. It's a more extreme version of what he did on Tucker later.
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,292 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted October 04 2012 - 11:48 AM

Didn't realize before, but this is currently $27 on Amazon. A no brainer purchases for 5 bluray films. I'd happily pay that just for One From The Heart and The Conversation. Which is what I'm doing since I have the better Apocalypse Now set already ha ha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users