Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A few words about...™ Strangers on a Train -- in Blu-ray

A Few Words About

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 of 27 OFFLINE   rich_d

rich_d

Screenwriter

• 2,000 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted October 10 2012 - 07:42 AM

Amazon e-mailed me to tell me that my pre-order price order guarantee kicked in, saving me a whopping 13 cents. So, I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

#22 of 27 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,093 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted October 11 2012 - 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by rich_d 

Amazon e-mailed me to tell me that my pre-order price order guarantee kicked in, saving me a whopping 13 cents.
So, I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

We here at the HT Forum hope that you "remember your friends" as you decide what to do with this windfall.

Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#23 of 27 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,165 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 11 2012 - 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ken_McAlinden 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_d 

Amazon e-mailed me to tell me that my pre-order price order guarantee kicked in, saving me a whopping 13 cents.
So, I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

We here at the HT Forum hope that you "remember your friends" as you decide what to do with this windfall.

I would recommend that Rich immediately direct it into a new hardware purchase for himself.  Buy something nice and new and shiny (with that awesome smell of new electronics).

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#24 of 27 OFFLINE   ShellOilJunior

ShellOilJunior

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted October 15 2012 - 03:06 AM

I was pleased with the PQ of this blu. The only parts that look rough are the rear-screen projection shots. Otherwise, the presentation is good.

#25 of 27 OFFLINE   Scott Calvert

Scott Calvert

Supporting Actor

• 885 posts

Posted October 15 2012 - 11:46 AM

I thought this one looked great as well. The only thing I can find to complain about is the windowboxed titles.

#26 of 27 OFFLINE   Doug Otte

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor

• 702 posts

Posted November 02 2012 - 03:05 PM

I watched the BD last night. It had been a few years since I'd seen the DVD, and I forgot what a wonderful movie it is. A great thriller, very witty, and wonderful performances. I'm in love with Ruth Roman again! The PQ and SQ were very good. As Robert stated, the windowboxing of the opening credits (like on The Wolf Man) were very annoying.

#27 of 27 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,045 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for the overview on this title Robert! I also appreciate the update to your initial post. Again, I have not picked this title up but it's on my list for sure.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A Few Words About

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow