-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Dallas: The Complete First Season (2012)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,213 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 07:19 AM

The Southfork Legacy Lives On...

DALLAS:

THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON

Includes All 10 Episodes From Season One, Plus Over 2

Hours Of Bonus Features, Including 6 Featurettes, A Pilot

Commentary, And Deleted Scenes!

Available on DVD January 8 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group

BURBANK, CA (September 26, 2012) – One of the longest running series in television history has struck it rich again with Dallas, the new series inspired by the landmark drama. Catch up with all the scandal, lies and betrayal as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group releases Dallas: The Complete First Season on DVD January 8 to coincide with the start of its second season on TNT. This three-disc DVD collector’s set features all 10 episodes from the first season and over 2 hours of bonus features, including 6 featurettes, a pilot commentary and deleted scenes. The DVD goes for less than a barrel of oil, and is priced to own at $39.98 SRP.

The drama of the Ewing family dynasty continues with a whole new generation, as J.R.’s (Larry Hagman) and Sue Ellen’s (Linda Gray) son, John Ross (Josh Henderson), locks horns with Bobby’s (Patrick Duffy) adopted son, Christopher (Jesse Metcalfe), proving that in Texas, oil is still thicker than blood. At stake is the coveted Southfork family estate sitting on a billion barrels of oil. With J.R.’s cunning guidance, John Ross is determined to drill on it, while Christopher, backed by Bobby, searches for alternative energy and a way to protect this family legacy from being stolen out from under them.  It’s a battle without limits, whether it means stealing another man’s money, loyalty, girlfriend or wife … leaving just one question: Whose side are you on?

The first season of Dallas stars Josh Henderson (Desperate Housewives), Jesse Metcalfe (Desperate Housewives), Jordana Brewster (The Fast and Furious films), Julie Gonzalo (Veronica Mars), Brenda Strong (Desperate Housewives), Callard Harris (Sons of Anarchy), with Patrick Duffy (Dallas [original series]) and Linda Gray (Dallas [original series]) and Larry Hagman (Dallas [original series]) as J.R. Ewing. Executive produced by Cynthia Cidre (The Mambo Kings, Cane) and Michael M. Robin (Rizzoli & Isles, The Closer, Nip/Tuck), the series was created by David Jacobs and is produced by Warner Horizon Television.

In its first season, Dallas averaged 4.5 million viewers each week. The series premiere was 2012’s second most-watched scripted series premiere on basic cable.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES

·         Back in Production: Go behind the scenes of the first day on set with Josh Henderson and Larry Hagman — the original J.R.

·         Dressing Dallas: Costume designer Rachel Sage Kunin reveals the new wardrobe for Dallas.

·         Who Shot J.R.?: Larry Hagman and other cast members reminisce about one of the most memorable storylines from the original Dallas.

·         Ewing Family Love Oak: Brenda Strong takes us behind the scenes to learn about the Love Oak and what it means to the new Dallas.

·         Southfork Legacy: Making Dallas Season One: Cast and the creative team discuss bringing Dallas back to TV.

·         Oil and Water: A Family Tradition: The drama continues with the new cast joining the original cast to discuss the enduring appeal of the Ewings.

·         Pilot Commentary: Commentary with Executive Producer & Writer Cynthia Cidre and Executive Producer & Director Michael M. Robin.

·         Deleted Scenes

10 (44-MINUTE) EPISODES:

1.    Pilot: Changing of the Guard

6.    The Enemy of My Enemy

2.    Hedging Your Bets

7.    Collateral Damage

3.    The Price You Pay

8.    No Good Deed

4.    The Last Hurrah

9.    Family Business

5.    Truth and Consequences

10. Revelations

BASICS

Street Date: January 8, 2013

Order Due Date: December 4, 2012

Running Time: Feature: Approx 440 minutes

Enhanced Content: Approx 120 minutes

Price: $39.98 SRP

3 DVD-9s

Audio: Dolby Surround 5.1

Language: English

Subtitles: English-SDH, French Parisian, Spanish Latin

Presented in 16x9 widescreen format

Catalog # 1000327717

UPC # 883929263813

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 11 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,213 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 07:23 AM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 11 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,458 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted September 26 2012 - 08:21 AM

Come on, no blu-ray? Really?

#4 of 11 MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,117 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted September 26 2012 - 08:50 AM

I already paid for the iTunes downloads, which were HD, so the absence of a Blu-ray is a letdown.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#5 of 11 Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,351 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 04:27 PM

R.I.P. Larry :( He came to see a local production of "South Pacific" that I was in a few years ago. He posed with our Nellie in front of a photo of his mom in the same role:

#6 of 11 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted November 23 2012 - 05:29 PM

I'm so sad tonight. I was hoping we would have him for a few more years.

#7 of 11 MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,117 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted November 23 2012 - 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by eric scott richard 

I wonder how the show is going to deal with it and whether audiences will accept the idea of Dallas after J.R. Ewing. But it is indeed a sad day.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#8 of 11 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted November 23 2012 - 06:36 PM

Many great memories of Friday nights back in the 1980s.

#9 of 11 Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 1,925 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 04:22 AM

Dallas without Larry for me will not be possible. Here are thoughts on Larry's passing. http://www.ultimatedallas.com/ http://www.tntdrama.com/series/dallas/

#10 of 11 Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,074 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted November 27 2012 - 07:02 AM

The show is surprisingly good but if it would have been presented without any original cast members, would it have been as tantalizing? I think not. JR was the one who made the show originally and in the new version. You always tuned in to see what JR was going to do and if justice would be served, even in the later seasons of the original show right up to the last episode which ended on a cliffhanger note. There's no way they can bring in anyone else in to do the part and Bobby just has too much "nice guy" about him to go head-to-head with Cliff.

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#11 of 11 AlanP

AlanP

Supporting Actor

• 715 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 12:40 PM

I say bring in Alexis Colby she takes over Ewing Oil finally a merger of both series, bring on Colbyco!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users