The Southfork Legacy Lives On...
THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON
Includes All 10 Episodes From Season One, Plus Over 2
Hours Of Bonus Features, Including 6 Featurettes, A Pilot
Commentary, And Deleted Scenes!
Available on DVD January 8 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group
BURBANK, CA (September 26, 2012) – One of the longest running series in television history has struck it rich again with Dallas, the new series inspired by the landmark drama. Catch up with all the scandal, lies and betrayal as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group releases Dallas: The Complete First Season on DVD January 8 to coincide with the start of its second season on TNT. This three-disc DVD collector’s set features all 10 episodes from the first season and over 2 hours of bonus features, including 6 featurettes, a pilot commentary and deleted scenes. The DVD goes for less than a barrel of oil, and is priced to own at $39.98 SRP.
The drama of the Ewing family dynasty continues with a whole new generation, as J.R.’s (Larry Hagman) and Sue Ellen’s (Linda Gray) son, John Ross (Josh Henderson), locks horns with Bobby’s (Patrick Duffy) adopted son, Christopher (Jesse Metcalfe), proving that in Texas, oil is still thicker than blood. At stake is the coveted Southfork family estate sitting on a billion barrels of oil. With J.R.’s cunning guidance, John Ross is determined to drill on it, while Christopher, backed by Bobby, searches for alternative energy and a way to protect this family legacy from being stolen out from under them. It’s a battle without limits, whether it means stealing another man’s money, loyalty, girlfriend or wife … leaving just one question: Whose side are you on?
The first season of Dallas stars Josh Henderson (Desperate Housewives), Jesse Metcalfe (Desperate Housewives), Jordana Brewster (The Fast and Furious films), Julie Gonzalo (Veronica Mars), Brenda Strong (Desperate Housewives), Callard Harris (Sons of Anarchy), with Patrick Duffy (Dallas [original series]) and Linda Gray (Dallas [original series]) and Larry Hagman (Dallas [original series]) as J.R. Ewing. Executive produced by Cynthia Cidre (The Mambo Kings, Cane) and Michael M. Robin (Rizzoli & Isles, The Closer, Nip/Tuck), the series was created by David Jacobs and is produced by Warner Horizon Television.
In its first season, Dallas averaged 4.5 million viewers each week. The series premiere was 2012’s second most-watched scripted series premiere on basic cable.
DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
· Back in Production: Go behind the scenes of the first day on set with Josh Henderson and Larry Hagman — the original J.R.
· Dressing Dallas: Costume designer Rachel Sage Kunin reveals the new wardrobe for Dallas.
· Who Shot J.R.?: Larry Hagman and other cast members reminisce about one of the most memorable storylines from the original Dallas.
· Ewing Family Love Oak: Brenda Strong takes us behind the scenes to learn about the Love Oak and what it means to the new Dallas.
· Southfork Legacy: Making Dallas Season One: Cast and the creative team discuss bringing Dallas back to TV.
· Oil and Water: A Family Tradition: The drama continues with the new cast joining the original cast to discuss the enduring appeal of the Ewings.
· Pilot Commentary: Commentary with Executive Producer & Writer Cynthia Cidre and Executive Producer & Director Michael M. Robin.
· Deleted Scenes
10 (44-MINUTE) EPISODES:
1. Pilot: Changing of the Guard
6. The Enemy of My Enemy
2. Hedging Your Bets
7. Collateral Damage
3. The Price You Pay
8. No Good Deed
4. The Last Hurrah
9. Family Business
5. Truth and Consequences
Street Date: January 8, 2013
Order Due Date: December 4, 2012
Running Time: Feature: Approx 440 minutes
Enhanced Content: Approx 120 minutes
Price: $39.98 SRP
Audio: Dolby Surround 5.1
Subtitles: English-SDH, French Parisian, Spanish Latin
Presented in 16x9 widescreen format
Catalog # 1000327717
UPC # 883929263813