• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 of 20 OFFLINE   Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor

• 538 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 05:49 AM

According to Amazon.com, we can expect this title to arrive on December 18th, 2012 - seven days before Christmas!
Music Video of the Week (Feb. 8th-14th):
 ("Hands To Heaven" sung by Breathe)

"I Love Lucy wasn't just a title" ~ Desi Arnaz
"Desi Arnaz was the love of my life" ~ Lucille Ball

#2 of 20 OFFLINE   Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,455 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted September 26 2012 - 05:53 AM

Can't wait to see "Lucy is NG as RN". Great ensemble episode!

#3 of 20 OFFLINE   Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor

• 538 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 06:05 AM

Can't wait to see "Lucy is NG as RN". Great ensemble episode!

That episode was definitely one of the series' best. I believe it was written by the original Lucy writers too (Bob and Madelyn)! And for your information, this classic is already available on DVD as it on included in the Best of Collection:Here's Lucy DVD set.

#4 of 20 OFFLINE   Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,455 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 07:12 AM

I didn't know that! Thank you, Mr. Money.

#5 of 20 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,348 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted September 26 2012 - 07:14 AM

So excited that this series will be finished this year, along with The Lucy Show.  Very, very cool.

#6 of 20 OFFLINE   Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor

• 538 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 07:36 AM

I didn't know that! Thank you, Mr. Money.

You're quite welcome, Countess! lol And it's Mooney! :cool:

So excited that this series will be finished this year, along with The Lucy Show.  Very, very cool.

I am so pumped!!! Now all we need is Life with Lucy and we'll be set!

#7 of 20 OFFLINE   Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,455 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 09:06 AM

You're quite welcome, Countess! lol And it's Mooney!

Oh, yes. Mr. Mooney... Sorry. Just watched "Lucy Helps the Countess" Monday night and I love the way Ann Sothern pronounces your name.

#8 of 20 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,418 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 10:24 AM

Great news! I was getting concerned it might not make it this year. I was hoping for November but at least its coming.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#9 of 20 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 963 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 10:29 AM

Definitely getting this.

#10 of 20 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 551 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 12:47 PM

It will be another complete Lucy series for me. Great news!

#11 of 20 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,148 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted September 26 2012 - 04:50 PM

You're quite welcome, Countess! lol And it's Mooney! :cool: I am so pumped!!! Now all we need is Life with Lucy and we'll be set!

Last time this subject was discussed, there was some confusion as to who owned Life With Lucy, and that possibly being a problem as to getting it released. Does anyone know if it's owned/distributed by CBS/P, Warner Brothers, or Desilu Too? Or is it possibly co-owned by two of these companies, which would add to the confusion and rights issues and keep the show from being released?

#12 of 20 OFFLINE   Brian McP

Brian McP

Second Unit

• 381 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 06:19 PM

I have a feeling that Aaron Spelling was part of this show and that could add another element of ownership -- if this show does come out, I think it would be most fitting the same production team that worked on "The Lucy Show" ,"Here's Lucy" and the "Lucille Ball Specials" sets be allowed to finish Lucy off (literally, in this case) by doing the same on "Life with Lucy" -- before we all end up buying these sets again in blu-ray. I always greatly appreciated the fact that despite these shows coming from different distributors -- in this case, MPI and Paramount -- that the same teams worked on all these shows, ensuring the greatest transfers as well as some of the greatest special features seen on tv series sets, to date ("The Dick Van Dyke Show" was also another gold standard in this regard) -- not only was it smart, from a business standpoint, it also gave the fans the best and I'm certain everyone appreciated it (I hope they include their Charles Lane documentary on one of these last sets too!) Speaking of "Lucy is NG as an RN", this episode was mentioned to Lucy as to how to approach "Life with Lucy" when it was going down the tubes in late 1986 as it was an ensemble piece very similar to one of the biggest shows on at the time, "The Golden Girls" -- Lucy said no, she was keeping to her character and current slapstick format -- and sadly "Life with Lucy" was soon no more. I'm sure this story will be elaborated on if this set ever comes out, but it's sad to realize that considering who Lucy could have had on that show if she chose to go with the NG / RN format, it probably would have run for the usual six year span Lucy preferred (roughly around 1992-93) and I think would have kept her going (and everyone else) health-wise as well, less stress and sadness. Like she used to say 'the more you do, the more you can do' and she would have followed that rule to the limit with this show.

#13 of 20 ONLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 04:57 AM

Yes, Spelling was the producer of the show and it was distributed by CBS Television Distribution. So, I would assume that CBS/Parmount has a piece of the show.

#14 of 20 OFFLINE   Brian McP

Brian McP

Second Unit

• 381 posts

Posted September 30 2012 - 06:34 PM

So it is likely this will come out via CBS/Paramount, like "The Lucy Show" and "I Love Lucy" -- but if it was a show from Lucy's own production house, like "Here's Lucy", it might come via MPI. Thankfully both of these companies have done magnificent jobs with their Lucy properties, so I'd like to think fans shouldn't have to worry about how it will turn out -- it will probably be a two/three disc set, with perhaps a documentary on Lucy's later years, including her final appearance at the 1989 Oscars.

#15 of 20 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 963 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 12:22 PM

Brian, I'm thinking it'll come out on the MPI label as the first five seasons did and we're finally going to be able to complete both shows this year. The Lucy Show next Tuesday and Here's Lucy by the holidays.

#16 of 20 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,148 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted October 01 2012 - 12:50 PM

Brian, I'm thinking it'll come out on the MPI label as the first five seasons did and we're finally going to be able to complete both shows this year. The Lucy Show next Tuesday and Here's Lucy by the holidays.

I believe he's referring to Life With Lucy, not Here's Lucy S6.

#17 of 20 ONLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,089 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 01:42 PM

I believe he's referring to Life With Lucy, not Here's Lucy S6.

Yes, he was referring to Life With Lucy.

#18 of 20 OFFLINE   Brian McP

Brian McP

Second Unit

• 381 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 06:07 PM

Yep -- "Life with Lucy" -- with only around 13 episodes, probably not too much restoration needed. If I was to pick a cover photo for that set, it would be the picture that was featured on the cover of TV Guide promoting the show, highlighting Lucy's first entrance on the show itself -- in a tracksuit, with a sweatband on, listening to a walkman and jiving away to whatever was playing on it -- you knew then this was a show set in 1986, not the 60s or 50s -- yet 10 minutes later, you'd swear you were back in 'The Lucy Show/Here's Lucy' era....

#19 of 20 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 963 posts

Posted October 02 2012 - 09:59 AM

Yep -- "Life with Lucy" -- with only around 13 episodes, probably not too much restoration needed. If I was to pick a cover photo for that set, it would be the picture that was featured on the cover of TV Guide promoting the show, highlighting Lucy's first entrance on the show itself -- in a tracksuit, with a sweatband on, listening to a walkman and jiving away to whatever was playing on it -- you knew then this was a show set in 1986, not the 60s or 50s -- yet 10 minutes later, you'd swear you were back in 'The Lucy Show/Here's Lucy' era....

I thought you meant Here's Lucy, my fault. Brian, hopefully it'l come out on DVD sometime next year if all falls into place but again, just guessing here.

#20 of 20 OFFLINE   brynmill

brynmill

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted December 23 2012 - 03:06 AM

I understand that Aaron Spelling sold his rights to the show back to the Arnaz estate, so the rights I assume are the same as Here's Lucy, so, hopefully MPI will put it out next year with a few extras. Hope Gale Gordon gets on the cover if it does come out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users