What's new

Vegas (CBS) - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
New crime drama set in Nevada in the 1960s starring Dennis Quaid premieres on CBS tonight at 10 p.m. EDT. Not sure if I'll be checking it out, and the time slot is a weird one for its genre.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I quite enjoyed the premier. Dennis Quaid playing Ralph Lamb was a good casting choice. I was in Las Vegas the same year on one of my honeymoons so it's fun to see the reimaged vintage Vegas.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Very enjoyable. Nice to have a crime drama that doesn't rely on implausible/impossible high-tech gimmicks to solve crimes. Good acting and writing but the 60's period setting will make it a turnoff to the I-Phone/Red bull generation.
Some nits to pick as far as period accuracy--no smoking and most of the cars were 2 or 3 years too new--but the overall quality of the show made these less of an issue.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
I noticed the cars being too new as well. I thought this was an interesting show, but not one I see myself watching. It seemed like a throwback, not just to a different era in its setting, but also to a different era of TV show. It could have been made in the 70's, with its procedural format and tough-guy, I-make-my-own-laws hero. Perhaps many people on this forum welcome a return to "shows like they used to make," but I'm not one. I'll probably watch next week just to make sure I haven't missed something. Otherwise, I'm probably finished with this series.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm the only one in the world who likes this show, and it's as good as canceled, so I wonder why they debuted a new title sequence tonight. Last ditch effort?

Though, from the few messages here, maybe someone else likes it/liked it. Everywhere else on the internet, people are pretty down on it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The ratings are really bad, and they cut the episode order down by one. It's got the worst smiley face on tvbythenumbers. :(

I've really enjoyed the Jack and Mia storyline.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This was the first week on Friday, wasn't it? Perhaps numbers will improve if more fans find the show on Friday. Things do look bad but not quite hopeless yet.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
My family really likes this show too and it's a shame the ratings are not better and they most likely won't be back with another season. From what I read, it's mostly due to how these types of shows are done based on their cable versions where they can get away with a lot more than network TV. People have gotten use to shows like Sorpranos, Magic City, etc. and while a great cast and period piece, it is limited by what can be done.

I think there are times when you can certainly go overboard the other direction and enjoy a show like Vegas regardless if it's a little watered down. Hopefully, they won't have anything better to replace it with or decide to give it one more shot next year with at least 8 episodes or so and then end it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This episode was changed to tomorrow 8 ET before tonight's events, so perhaps that will still hold. I'm recording CBS primetime tomorrow in hopes of catching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks