What's new

New Girl - season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
New Girl returns for a 2nd season, with 2 new episodes tonight (with new show Ben and Kate sandwiched between those episodes) at 8 p.m. EDT. Looks like CC is a full-fledged cast member this season (just going back promo photos for the cast).

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I've been loving this show since the pilot, but I think it's getting better and better. I'm looking forward more and more to Tuesday nights.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I keep hearing about how funny this show is, so I marathoned the end of season one (starting at episode 17) and have looped back to the pilot. I'll probably get to season 2 by the weekend. I had initially watched the first three episodes and then gave up, primarily because of Jess' over the top cutesy antics that had me cringing more than laughing. But I would advise anyone interested in the show to start at episode 5, which is when Schmidt starts breaking out as the Chandler of the group. He's easily the best part of the show, and all of the Schmidt and Cece scenes have been golden.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That what I tell people as well (actually did so last night with friends at a late night dinner), once Schmidt's character traits come to the forefront, he's been good for lots of laughs. And it was weird how they veered to included Cece once they got that she could perform within the ensemble, as I got the idea that "New Girl" was going to be focused a lot on Jessica, but Cece does bring enough to the table to warrant principal cast membership.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Love this show. It is so out there, almost reinventing itself every few episodes. I've enjoyed how they explore the different characters. Nick, Winston, and Schmidt are all fascinating and ridiculous. I look for more episodes where they play American Presidents.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I totally agree about how the show seems to reinvent itself every few episodes. I think the recent parking space episode was my favorite one yet!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I marathoned all of season one and caught up to season two, and all I gotta say is, season one was much better. Lots of clunkers in season two and the whole Jess and Nick thing is terrible.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The last episode was great. I even found Nick less irritating than usual. I hope it keeps it up.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I like how Jess is willing to go the extra mile to integrate herself into Nick's family funeral "requirements".

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The funeral episode was good, and a little touching. Jess and Nicks date was weird, verging on awful. Though Schmidt and Wison bonding was ok.CiCi's bachelorette party was weird and unfunny to start. The "dead dad card" felt an episode late and incongruous". Cici's fiance is not interesting, and this story has lost most of its emotional heft, its now in a dull power glide to the inevitable failed wedding. But the ending made up for much of it: Former GF Elizabeth telling Schmidt his current self sucks, and the possibility of Schmidt going back to Big Guy is a wild twist!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks