Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hawaii Five-0 (the revival series): Season Three

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 of 30 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,110 posts

Posted September 25 2012 - 04:23 AM

Starting a thread off for the third season of Hawaii Five-0, which premiered last night in the US on CBS.

Did the season premiere resolve last season's cliffhangers well?

#2 of 30 OFFLINE   Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts
  • LocationAnaheim. CA

Posted September 26 2012 - 01:13 AM

The helicopter and paddy wagon scene was laughably implausible with laughably cheesy graphics.
I have learned that some pain cannot be healed, but must be endured. I believe our Higher Power will help us to endure and find peace. I loved the boy with the utmost love of which my soul is capable and he is taken from me-yet in the agony of my spirit in surrendering such a treasure, I feel a thousand times richer than if I had never possessed it."
-- William Wordsworth 1812

#3 of 30 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,466 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted September 26 2012 - 08:36 AM

Yes, I found those scenes preposterous. And Christine Lahti didn't make the most auspicious debut either; I was disappointed with this premiere.

#4 of 30 OFFLINE   Sky Captain

Sky Captain

Second Unit

• 284 posts

Posted September 29 2012 - 12:39 PM

Says you guys; I enjoyed it, and though that it was amazing.

#5 of 30 OFFLINE   Dheiner

Dheiner

Gazoo

• 1,883 posts
  • Location'skonsen

Posted October 01 2012 - 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Hugh Jackes 

The helicopter and paddy wagon scene was laughably implausible with laughably cheesy graphics.

That was ridiculous.  I liked the show but the whole super-villain shit should stop.

The Green Bay Packers
13-Time National Football League Champions: 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, & 2010

#6 of 30 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,467 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 03:27 AM

And I guess that internal affairs will overlook Chin blowing away Billy Baldwin. :) I missed the premiere and watched it via the web onto my TV. Worked out great, but it got choppy in a few places, did Kono say that Chin called that guy to save Kono? Who was that guy? I thought it was Che Fong. But it looked like another guy, like a SEAL. I had a feeling that McGarrett's mom was going to end up letting Wo Fat go, or is somehow involved in the conspiracy. They must have something on each other, perhaps in exchange for leaving McGarrett alive, she let him go. It's a shame the producers continue to tear down the relationships on this show. Danno and his ex almost got together again and they decided to split them again and now they are at war. Why? And then they felt Chin couldn't have a wife anymore. Perhaps Kono's boyfriend is next to die now.

#7 of 30 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,625 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 09:26 AM

And I guess that internal affairs will overlook Chin blowing away Billy Baldwin. :) I missed the premiere and watched it via the web onto my TV. Worked out great, but it got choppy in a few places, did Kono say that Chin called that guy to save Kono? Who was that guy? I thought it was Che Fong. But it looked like another guy, like a SEAL. I had a feeling that McGarrett's mom was going to end up letting Wo Fat go, or is somehow involved in the conspiracy. They must have something on each other, perhaps in exchange for leaving McGarrett alive, she let him go. It's a shame the producers continue to tear down the relationships on this show. Danno and his ex almost got together again and they decided to split them again and now they are at war. Why? And then they felt Chin couldn't have a wife anymore. Perhaps Kono's boyfriend is next to die now.

There was enough going on that self-defense should work for Chin. I think, though, that killing him was not enough of a revenge. Kono said Chin called her boyfriend who was the son of a Yakuza gangster. Neil

#8 of 30 OFFLINE   Brent S

Brent S

Stunt Coordinator

• 245 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 02:26 PM

I had a feeling that McGarrett's mom was going to end up letting Wo Fat go, or is somehow involved in the conspiracy. They must have something on each other, perhaps in exchange for leaving McGarrett alive, she let him go.

My guess, based on current crime procedural shows' heavy reliance on weaving the main characters' personal & family lives into plots and convoluted season/series-long story arcs... Wo Fat didn't kill 'Shelburne' once he came face-to-face with her, because he just shockingly discovered that she's his mother. And Mom let her son escape. McGarrett and Wo Fat are half-brothers.

#9 of 30 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,467 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 03:52 PM

That's a terrifically insane conclusion that McGarrett and Wo Fat could be half brothers. It's so outrageous, it's possible! :)

#10 of 30 OFFLINE   MishaLauenstein

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor

• 578 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted October 01 2012 - 05:41 PM

Wrong. But as soon as the helicopter took the armoured car, the guard should have just shot Wo Fat in the head knowing he was about to get a harpoon in the chest anyway.
40% Ben Katz + 30% Bobby Hill (Texas) + 20% Monica Geller + 10% William Dent. (Wardrobe by George Costanza)

#11 of 30 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,026 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted January 03 2013 - 11:02 AM

In a TV first in the US, viewers will get to decide the last segment in real time on Monday.

http://www.deadline....g-in-real-time/

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#12 of 30 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,466 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted January 03 2013 - 02:20 PM

I don't think that's a first. Didn't one of the Law & Orders do this several years ago? Or was it Crossing Jordan?

#13 of 30 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,026 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 02:29 PM

CBS is calling it a first, I think because of the Twitter component.

trakt.tv

#14 of 30 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,625 posts

Posted January 21 2013 - 03:07 PM

The choose an ending bit was pretty weak in that episode as we didn't have any real logic to make any valid choice. Meanwhile, on tonight's episode (1/21) Scott Caan looked really short compared to Alex O'Loughlin in a few scenes. He is 8 inches shorter (5'5" vs 6'1") but somehow the difference looked even more tonight. One other comment about tonight's episode - if you can't talk because you are wired, write down what you want to say.

#15 of 30 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,466 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted January 22 2013 - 12:22 AM

Sunday's special episode was one of the most ludicrous in the show's three year history. I've never been in a state prison, but I have to think it would be next-to-impossible to break into one carrying a grown man and install him in a cell, and that there would be more than one guard on any given cell block who would see what was going on.

#16 of 30 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,372 posts

Posted January 22 2013 - 04:34 AM

I loved the episode that was shown on Sunday evening (Olelo Ho’opa’I Make). This was mostly because of the music of Hendrix heard in the episode and the fact that Chin used jiu-jitsu to submit his foe at the end of their fight. I have used a couple of the techniques that Chin demonstrated (e.g., the triangle choke and the arm bar) several times in my BJJ classes. I've been a collector of the music of Hendrix for decades. After listening to the tracks a few times throughout the episode, I was mesmerized listening to them. I've heard all of the tracks several times now (e.g., Bleeding Heart, Mojo Man, Hey Gypsy Boy, Inside Out, Crash Landing, Hear My Train A Comin', and Somewhere), and not surprisingly, I love every one of them. I've added People, Hell and Angels to my wish list and will be picking it up soon. :)

#17 of 30 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,287 posts

Posted February 04 2013 - 05:24 AM

Geez are they running out of Ideas already, first they had that Internet pick the ending episode, now tonight they are remaking the Classic 3rd Season H5O episode Hookman.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#18 of 30 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,026 posts

Posted February 04 2013 - 10:41 AM

I stopped watching a while ago.  But if they get to an episode where Grace Park just runs around in a bikini with no interuptions for an hour I might tune back in.

trakt.tv

#19 of 30 OFFLINE   Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts
  • LocationAnaheim. CA

Posted February 05 2013 - 01:20 AM

As would all straight men and gay women.
I have learned that some pain cannot be healed, but must be endured. I believe our Higher Power will help us to endure and find peace. I loved the boy with the utmost love of which my soul is capable and he is taken from me-yet in the agony of my spirit in surrendering such a treasure, I feel a thousand times richer than if I had never possessed it."
-- William Wordsworth 1812

#20 of 30 OFFLINE   Dheiner

Dheiner

Gazoo

• 1,883 posts
  • Location'skonsen

Posted February 05 2013 - 02:00 AM

I like the show.  Always have.  Best theme song EVER.

Just enough bits of action surrounding the pretty women to sustain my interest.

Given the near omnipresent eye candy, I don't need a hell of a lot of coherent plot.

The Green Bay Packers
13-Time National Football League Champions: 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996, & 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users