What's new

Studio Logos (1 Viewer)

YanMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yannick
Hi All,
I'm a longtime lurker and new member here.
Anyway, I came across this studio logo retrospective over at TIME magazine's website, and with all the arguments I have seen around here about replaced studio logos, I figured some members would enjoy this link:
http://entertainment.time.com/2012/09/24/mountain-to-moon-10-movie-studio-logos-and-the-stories-behind-them/#stu-stu-studio-2
I can't vouch for the accuracy of the write-ups, so please don't shoot the messenger! :)
Enjoy!
If this is wrong forum for this, my apologies.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
YanMan said:
Hi All,
I'm a longtime lurker and new member here.
Anyway, I came across this studio logo retrospective over at TIME magazine's website, and with all the arguments I have seen around here about replaced studio logos, I figured some members would enjoy this link:
http://entertainment.time.com/2012/09/24/mountain-to-moon-10-movie-studio-logos-and-the-stories-behind-them/#stu-stu-studio-2
I can't vouch for the accuracy of the write-ups, so please don't shoot the messenger! :)
Enjoy!
If this is wrong forum for this, my apologies.
VERSIONS: Click here to watch a pre-constellation version of the Orion logo from 1979’s Prince of the City.
Of course, PRINCE OF THE CITY is from 1981. The logo that precedes it is the 1979 iteration. :rolleyes:

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Since I know we have some people who are fans of it here, they may be pleased to know that Ben Affleck has apparently brought the old WCI "worm logo" out of retirement for Argo.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Where Disney is concerned, they neglected to mention Buena Vista Distribution. (Speaking of which, I am quite hopeful the Buena Vista credit and fanfare will be restored to Mary Poppins for the eventual blu-ray.)
I do not care for the current Disney logo; the castle should be on a hill, not in the middle of a big plain.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
KPmusmag said:
I do not care for the current Disney logo; the castle should be on a hill, not in the middle of a big plain.
I have to agree with you. It has never looked right to my eye on the flatland. And instead of a river, I would like a moat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation625
Recent bookmarks