-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Studio Logos

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 YanMan

YanMan

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted September 25 2012 - 02:30 AM

Hi All, I'm a longtime lurker and new member here. Anyway, I came across this studio logo retrospective over at TIME magazine's website, and with all the arguments I have seen around here about replaced studio logos, I figured some members would enjoy this link: http://entertainment...tu-stu-studio-2 I can't vouch for the accuracy of the write-ups, so please don't shoot the messenger! :) Enjoy! If this is wrong forum for this, my apologies.

#2 of 5 Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter

• 1,464 posts

Posted September 25 2012 - 03:03 AM

Hi All, I'm a longtime lurker and new member here. Anyway, I came across this studio logo retrospective over at TIME magazine's website, and with all the arguments I have seen around here about replaced studio logos, I figured some members would enjoy this link: http://entertainment...tu-stu-studio-2 I can't vouch for the accuracy of the write-ups, so please don't shoot the messenger! :) Enjoy! If this is wrong forum for this, my apologies.

VERSIONS: Click here to watch a pre-constellation version of the Orion logo from 1979’s Prince of the City.

Of course, PRINCE OF THE CITY is from 1981. The logo that precedes it is the 1979 iteration. :rolleyes:

#3 of 5 Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,041 posts

Posted October 08 2012 - 03:28 AM

Since I know we have some people who are fans of it here, they may be pleased to know that Ben Affleck has apparently brought the old WCI "worm logo" out of retirement for Argo.

#4 of 5 KPmusmag

KPmusmag

Second Unit

• 279 posts
  • LocationHenderson, NV

Posted October 08 2012 - 03:58 AM

Where Disney is concerned, they neglected to mention Buena Vista Distribution. (Speaking of which, I am quite hopeful the Buena Vista credit and fanfare will be restored to Mary Poppins for the eventual blu-ray.) I do not care for the current Disney logo; the castle should be on a hill, not in the middle of a big plain.

#5 of 5 bryan4999

bryan4999

Second Unit

• 464 posts

Posted October 08 2012 - 04:16 AM

I do not care for the current Disney logo; the castle should be on a hill, not in the middle of a big plain.

I have to agree with you. It has never looked right to my eye on the flatland. And instead of a river, I would like a moat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users