What's new

How I Met Your Mother - season 8 thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Should be a good season. Thomas & Bays have said they're writing this season like it's the last, so the first two thirds of it at any rate should move the story along more more aggressively than we've been used to the last couple of seasons.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I really enjoy this show, but I'm hoping they will end on a high note and finish it this season.
The concept of the show is something that demands an proper ending, and the best way to do that is to write towards that from the beginning of a season.
Plus, if it ends this season that frees up Cobie Smulders to be part of S.H.I.E.L.D next year. ;)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sean Bryan said:
I really enjoy this show, but I'm hoping they will end on a high note and finish it this season.
The concept of the show is something that demands an proper ending, and the best way to do that is to write towards that from the beginning of a season.
I completely agree on both counts. I wish CBS had made the decision before the season had started.
That being said, the season premiere definitely felt like the beginning of the end. We now know the where when and why of how Ted met their mother.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping they wrap it up this season too. I don't think Segel wants to be here next season (thought I read his contract was up this season, but I could have mis-remembered that tidbit).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It definitely feels different this year. Something substantial has happened in both episodes so far. In the previous two seasons, we'd go six or seven episodes before something substantial happened.
EDIT: seasons

Stan

Senior HTF Member
It does have just a general feeling that the show is winding down.
Better to plan ahead and bow out gracefully than just be cancelled and come to a sudden end with a bunch of open storylines.
It has been a good show, but time to move on.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Are we getting a full season? It will be 12 episodes at the end of December.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
As far as I know, we're getting 24 episodes; 12 in 2012, and 12 in 2013. Not sure how long the winter hiatus is going to be. Still no word about a season 9.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I am also ready to see this show end. It hasn't worn out its welcome, but I fear a ninth season would.
I kind of wanted this season to be a shorter one, just so things can get wrapped up sooner.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I would also welcome an end to this show this season. Heck, Ted's daughter has managed to be globe-trotting all over the world on Nikita for the past 2.5 seasons. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
the last two episodes have been poor. Marshall's court case might be the weakest of the series. Last weeks , Robin and the lobster theory, was also mild sauce.
I'm hoping for a strong conclusion. But I'm ready for this to be the last season.. I want to remember the show well.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I really enjoyed tonight's episodes. Though many complain about the story being played out, and it's time to wrap it up (and maybe it's true), I still appreciate the way the show delivers a nice story about adults as they move through various stages in life. A lot of shows try this, but end up getting lost in some contrived "message," or the characters just aren't relatable. HIMYM manages to do what so many shows fail to do.

For me, the best moment was Ted letting go of Robin.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It was a satisfying conclusion to the Barney and Robin arc. The fact Barney dating Patrice was a ploy was pretty well assumed, but the investment in the characters and their coming together made it all about the journey.

The preceding episode with Ted's obsession about the professor felt a bit like filler in the back-to-back line up though.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I knew it was coming, eventually but I was always holding out hope that Ted and Robin would some how end up together.
Now that it is impossible I feel like it doesn't really matter who turns out to be the mother.
I feel like all I need is a two episode series finisher that introducers her and I'll be satisfied.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
They'[ve just inked a deal for a 9th season, and have announced it will be the last.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/exclusive-how-i-met-your-mother-to-return-for-season-9-cast-deals-closed-today-after-jason-segel-turnaround-show-was-given-up-for-dead-until-11th-hour/

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I've only marginally kept watching. I know the stripper "almost married"...
The move to the burbs and the whole "odd father" bit...
Hopefully the mother is introduced mid season...and the last few episodes are devoted to "meeting mom till the kids"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks