Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

2 Broke Girls - season 2 thread

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 of 26 bryan4999

bryan4999

Second Unit

• 460 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 06:55 AM

To bad Caroline lost her boyfriend with the candy shop, I thought he fit in great with the rest of the cast, a touch of a somebody normal. Sad to see him written out.

I definitely agree with you on this point; in fact, I wrote a (snail mail) letter to the producers about that very issue. I thought he had great chemistry with the rest of the ensemble and added a touch of class to the show. Although he did deserve better than the treatment he received from Caroline at the resort.

#22 of 26 bryan4999

bryan4999

Second Unit

• 460 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 07:02 AM

Her name is Jennifer Coolidge, and she's awesome! :)

She is hilarious in the Friends episode (S10 Ep3) where she makes a "perfect arse" of herself. LOL

#23 of 26 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,375 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 12 2013 - 03:17 AM

I watched this for the first time in a while yesterday. . .I guess if the candy shop guy is gone it must've been a rerun? No particular reason I hadn't been watching; it's just one of those shows that i watch if I happen to stumble across it. But, wow. . .that crime scene scene (the one with blood all over the walls!) was in such bad taste, I turned it off. I can handle bad taste if it's funny (I am a Seth MacFarlane addict), but that was just gross. What were they thinking?
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#24 of 26 Wiseguy

Wiseguy

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted March 31 2013 - 04:11 PM

I've been watching it since the pilot aired, and I'm ashamed to say that it has grown on me A LOT over these 2 seasons. The crass-ness of it all never really bothered me, I'm just not easily offended. But when the show was in it's first season, I thought that a lot of the dirty jokes weren't all that funny, just from the stand point of not being very cleverly thought out gags. But the laughs have improved GREATLY, esecially since season 2 started. The acting is AWFUL, though. Especially Stifler's mom. It's like nails on a chalk board whenever she talks. But regardless, I enjoy watching it. It's like the Ke$ha of sitcoms; you feel like you need to take a shower afterwards, but there's just something that keeps you coming back.

I think Jennifer Coolidge drags the show down (or as far as this show can be dragged) with her self-centered character.  I didn't think much of her character on Friends as well.  When she makes an appearance the audience/laugh track sounds like Fonzie walked in. Probably added just to give Oleg something to do besides spout out dirty one-liners from behind the kitchen window, I wouldn't miss her if she disappeared.  

#25 of 26 Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,025 posts

Posted April 01 2013 - 11:49 AM

I think Jennifer Coolidge drags the show down (or as far as this show can be dragged) with her self-centered character.  I didn't think much of her character on Friends as well.  When she makes an appearance the audience/laugh track sounds like Fonzie walked in. Probably added just to give Oleg something to do besides spout out dirty one-liners from behind the kitchen window, I wouldn't miss her if she disappeared.  

I agree with you 100%. The laugh track thing is ridiculous, like they're trying to pump her up as the "Queen Bee Diva" of the show.

Very annoying and like you, wouldn't miss her at all if she disappeared.

Another vote for Caroline's boyfriend Andy, maybe the network will get a clue and bring him back.

Stan

#26 of 26 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,810 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted October 15 2013 - 02:48 PM

Clam Bake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users