Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Upgrade JBL 7.1 Setup to Energy RC-70 Setup?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   ffactoryxx

ffactoryxx

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted September 24 2012 - 07:05 AM

So basically I have the following setup in my basement right now. Its a about a 20x12' room with my TV one of the 12' walls with my speakers on either side. The floor is Tile on a slab with a big area rug over it. Its a nice Rectangular area' Currently have a setup I built back in 2002 Fronts- JBL S-310 Center - JBL S-Center Surround - JBL N26's 7.1 Surrounds - JBL 24's Sub - Sony SW40 Receiver - Onkyo RC360 TV - Mitsubishi 65" DLP I have been toying with upgrading the sounds system in my Home/Theater - Game Room and moving the current to my Living room. I guess the real question is will I hear significant differences with the following over what i currently have. Looked at Fronts - Energy RC-70 Center - Energy LCR Surrounds - RC - 10 (potential RC-10's for 7.1 if I decide to go that way) Right there I would be looking at around $1100 to overhall just the speakers. The sub can be the last to upgrade as I am in a townhouse and keep my base moderately mid level anyway. So few questions.... 1. Would that upgrade be worth it and how significant of a difference will I hear? 2. Would my receiver be powerful enough to handle these speakers? 3. Would there be cheaper options that would still be a huge upgrade but cheaper than the energy route. i have seen Polks, Energy V6.2, etc. 4. Is my space to small for Badboys like Energy, etc. Thanks in advance. Just trying to flesh out my thoughts here.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,943 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted September 24 2012 - 07:48 AM

1. The RC70 achieve a slightly better low end, but the lowest crossover in Onkyo is 40hz, so it doesn't matter. 2. The RC70 are 1db more efficient, so they'll take 1/3rd less power than the JBL you have now. 3. Where do we begin??? 4. You could fit Klipschorn if you had $4000 per speaker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users