What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-25-2012 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp
. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain!
If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--ABC TV is making coupons available for $10 off this week's release of Desperate Housewives: Season 8 at any retailer. Go HERE.

--Best Buy has an EXCLUSIVE Blu-ray 3-D Combo Pack release of Marvel's The Avengers for $69.99. Includes $30 Sideshow Collectibles Giftcard eligible for several products only, 208-page full-color Avengers ultimate character guide with exclusive cover, illuminated 3-D lenticular case and 7" by 9" litho card. Available in-store only.

--Best Buy also has $10 off Vengers merchandise when you buy the movie. Merchandise shown includes iPhone 4 case $18.99, in-ear headphones $14.99 and regular headphones $24.99.

--You can get the Avengers Blu-ray combo pack for FREE at best Buy if you want it. Just also buy Samsung's 5.1 3-D Blu-ray home theater system (Model HT-E5400ZA) for $349.99 and they'll throw a copy in for free!

--And there are some Best Buy stores which will be open at Midnight Tuesday morning for marvel's The Avengers. Check here for a store near you.

--And along with the release of The Avengers, BB will have sales on the other marvel feature films. The following prices will reflect DVD unless otherwise noted):

$4.99: The Incredible Hulk

$7.99: The Incredbile Hulk (Blu), Iron-Man, Iron Man 2.

$9.99: Iron Man (Blu), Iron man 2 (Blu), Thor, Captain America, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes: Volumes 1 - 4 (apiece).

$14.99: Thor (Blu Combo Pack), Captain America (Blu Combo pack), The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes: Volume 5.

$19.99: Thor (Blu 3-D Combo pack), Captain America (Blu 3-D Combo Pack).

--Best Buy will have an EXCLUSIVE BATMAN FIGURINE available on EXCLUSIVE copies of the Blu combo pack of Batman - The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1. Price will be $19.99.

--And, purchase Batman - The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1 @ BB and get a FREE BONUS DIGITAL COMIC BOOK. While supplies last.

--And Best Buy is advertising a chance to get a head start on seeing Prometheus at home:

Pre-order Prometheus Blu-ray Combo Pack or Blu 3-D Combo Pack in-store or at BestBuy.com and watch the film in HD on CinemaNow.com tonight. It requires a free CinemaNow account and content plays on CinemaNow.com and on CinemaNow-enabled HDTVs and products. $14.99 for digital copy is non-returnable, whether redeemed or not and is not redeemable for cash. To get your hard copy of the movie, please pick it up from any Best Buy stores immediately after the release date. After 30 days, your hard copy may no longer be available.

I saw a similar gambit at my local Wal-Mart store tonight using Vudu.

--Best Buy continues it's deal this week to get a FREE $10 Best Buy Giftcard when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. OR...get a FREE $25 BB Giftcard when you spend $100 or more on DVD or Blu TV titles. Must be purchased on same receipt to receive the gift card. Excludes children's TV titles. Online-only offer: Receive a $10 BB Gift Card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up.

--Best Buy has the following TV Shows on DVD on sale this week:

$15.99: Desperate Housewives: Seasons 1-6, Gossip Girl: Seasons 1-4, The Mentalist: Seasons 1-3.

$29.99: Desperate Housewives; Season 7

--Best Buy Odds and Ends: None to report this week.

--Target, this week, has an EXCLUSIVE BONUS BLU-RAY DISC with its copies of Marvel's The Avengers Blu-ray Combo pack and 3-D Blu Combo Packs. "Marvel Studios: Building a Cinematic Universe."

--Target also has an EXCLUSIVE release of American Horror Story: Season 1. Includes Q&A.

--Not wanting to be too specific, Target is also having sales on some of its copies of the Marvel feature films. Pick them up for $9.99 to $14.99 for DVD and for $14.99 to $22.99 for Blu-ray. Titles shown include Thor, Iron Man 2 and The Incredible Hulk. More in-store.

--And, Target has the following TV on DVD titles on sale this week:

$12.99: Teen Wollf: Season 1

$22.99: Hatfields and McCoys

$24.99: Two and a Half Men: S9

$29.99: Revenge: Season 1

--Target Odds and Ends: Lists of DVD for $7.99 & $10.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Thanks as usual Mike! I have to say I didn't see that pic of Scarlett Johansson coming, it was a complete surprise that you included it . Looks like a trip to Target to get the 3D Avengers for $24.99 unless Amazon price matches. I've decided to sit out the Bond 50 set since I have everything currently available on Blu-ray and just pick up the 9 titles I don't have, although doing the math the set might be cheaper, but I just like having the individual cases. I will also be upgrading my DVD of Dave to Blu-ray. Its one of my long time favorites.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012#post_3978823
Thanks as usual Mike! I have to say I didn't see that pic of Scarlett Johansson coming, it was a complete surprise that you included it .

I can be soooooo unpredictable!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I have the new Batman movie and Avengers on pre-order from Amazon...but the lower prices at Target and BB haven't been price matched yet. Amazon gets until EOD tomorrow to price match before I cancel them. And I have the three Wal-Mart Bond's on pre-order, so I don't have any intention to get the big box.

Otherwise, I'd like to get a couple other items (The American President and American Horror Story), but I'm closing on the house this week, so I'm trying to be super-responsible.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So much I'd like to have this week.
That target disc on Avengers may be a DVD and not a bluray. Mike did you see it listed as a bluray somewhere?
Would love to have those two Cinarama discs but not for tha much money.
The Game
The Dark Knight Returns
The Bond set.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TonyD /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012#post_3978834
That target disc on Avengers may be a DVD and not a bluray. Mike did you see it listed as a bluray somewhere?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Mike.
I really wish Target allowed online order for in-store pickup like Best Buy does. I won't be able to make it to Target until 7 on Tuesday, I just know all of the copies of the Avengers with the bonus disc will be gone by then.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /t/323953/weekly-roundup-9-25-2012#post_3978841
Thanks, Mike.
I really wish Target allowed online order for in-store pickup like Best Buy does. I won't be able to make it to Target until 7 on Tuesday, I just know all of the copies of the Avengers with the bonus disc will be gone by then.

Normally I'd agree, but I was in two different Target stores today and the both had the Indiana Jones with lithographs on the shelf. There was at least one copy in each store and most likely more.

I'm in the same boat with getting to Target. If they have it, great. If not, I have bigger things to worry about this week.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Opening salvo in a price war for Avengers -- could be a price mistake, but it looks like a fun one.
There are various posts on Bluray.com and slickdeals showing Target ads with the 3D Bluray with the 19.99 price.
Target Ipad App Ad

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I just looked at the app add and see $32.99 and $25.99 for the
Exclusive versions.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm sticking with preorder price of 24.96 from Amazon on the 3-D release of The Avengers considering sales tax, gas consumption and value of my personal time to make a special trip to Target on Tuesday.

Crawdaddy

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have the 2-D version of The Avengers, as well as the Bond set, on pre-order from Amazon. The Game goes on my wish list, awaiting the next Barnes & Noble Criterion half-off sale.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
My copy of Freddie Mercury: The Great Pretender shipped yesterday! Technically got it for free with my Chase Amazon points!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
David Norman said:
Opening salvo in a price war for Avengers -- could be a price mistake, but it looks like a fun one.
There are various posts on Bluray.com and slickdeals showing Target ads with the 3D Bluray with the 19.99 price.
Target Ipad App Ad
Yeah, the ad says $19.99 but when when you add it to the cart its $32.99.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The price on Bond is tempting but I've barely ever watched the DVDs so it's not worth it for me. I'll get The Game when it goes on sale but nothing this week. After last week, I can use the time off.
I don't feel a need to own The Avengers but for the handful of people who haven't seen it yet, it's Marvel best movie and well worth a rental.
Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I hope to have the review for The Game up at some time today. Eating Raoul will be on tomorrow's schedule. The Avengers and American Horror Story will be up at some point this week, but neither has arrived yet.

Thanks for the prices, Mike. Valuable as always.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike!

Yikes! This is an expensive week for me. I had already planned on The Avengers 3D (I pre-ordered with the BB steelbook), Batman and American Horror Story Blu-rays. But, now with that hot price on the Bond set, I think I will pull the trigger on it, too, since I doubt it will be lower priced any time soon. Right now, I only have the one-disc version of Goldfinger on Blu, so there is no real double-dipping to speak of and this is a great way to economically add the whole series to my library.

Users who are viewing this thread