Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

iOS 6 Upgrade Issue - wifi toggle greyed out

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 02:33 AM

I "upgraded" on Thursday. Got the same thing as the screenshot above shows. Figured out how to downgrade to 5.1.1. Did that and got "Wifi not available" where the Off label is. Prior to doing this I tried every remedy suggested, Took it back to Verizon. They upgraded to 6, toggle greyed out. He called Apple. They said they are aware of the issue and to try turning it off in a couple of hours and then back on again - yeah right. Told him I'd try it but if it wasn't working I was coming back for a new phone. The whole thing is ridiculous. At least tell us that they're working on the issue - communication is key and we get none. I'm ready to go back to my dumb phone. This is a pretty common issue on the apple boards. Anyone else here having this issue? Any thoughts to what a resolution might be/what apple is going to do?
"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 03:01 AM

I have iOS 6 and it's working fine. Of teh 5-6 people I know that have it now none of them have had this issue. I'm sure they will find a solution though.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Richard Travale

Richard Travale

Producer

• 3,423 posts
  • LocationThe Island, Canada

Posted September 21 2012 - 02:39 PM

I have iOS 6 installed and have found no issues like you have described.

"Cock your hat - angles are attitudes. "
- Frank Sinatra 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users