• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 of 54 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,052 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 03 2012 - 10:43 AM

I wonder if Andy and April with the little boy was foreshadowing them maybe having a kid in the near future. Either way, one of my very favorite TV marriages.

I think it was in one of the webisodes when April and Andy went to the Grand Canyon, she wondered about the quality of the school districts in the area (and Andy said how it didn't matter because they had already graduated :)). It's funny because when they got married, I thought it was bizarre but fitting for the characters. Now, I think it was one of the best moves that the writers ever made.

#22 of 54 OFFLINE   Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,962 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 04:31 PM

Judy Hitler

#23 of 54 OFFLINE   Mark_B

Mark_B

Second Unit

• 286 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted December 03 2012 - 10:02 PM

A bunch of the cast are in town this week filming for Ben's bachelor party. They filmed at St. Elmo's Steak House yesterday and while there, Newt Gingrich showed up and they wrote a cameo in for him. He was in town to meet with the Governor. They also plan some shots at the Colt's stadium. You can see the article here in the Indy Star:

http://www.indystar....xt|IndyStar.com

#24 of 54 ONLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,231 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted December 06 2012 - 03:14 PM

Just a pitch-perfect episode tonight. Loved everything about it. Looks like Jerry's girls take after their mother...

#25 of 54 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,052 posts

Posted December 06 2012 - 03:42 PM

Just a pitch-perfect episode tonight. Loved everything about it. Looks like Jerry's girls take after their mother...

Yeah, really good episode. If I had to reach for a criticism, it would be that I wish that they showed more of the characters at Jerry's party.

#26 of 54 ONLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,444 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 12:39 AM

JERRY FILTER!

#27 of 54 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,022 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted December 07 2012 - 12:42 AM

Holy hell, what an episode. Jerry's unexplainable home-life; "Jerry Dinner!!!"; some great acting by Lawless; a realistic depiction of the issue that a girlfriend of Ron's would likely have, considering his relationship with Leslie; DUKE SILVER. Also, the focus on Ben and Chris's relationship was fantastic -- nice to see them getting around to pulling Chris out of his depression, and it was great to see those two interacting again. And, oh my God -- the "In Memoriam" segment at the woodworking awards absolutely fucking SLAYED me. "Jerry and Gayle...there is no logical reason." After seeing how good Christie Brinkley still looks, I get why Billy Joel drinks.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#28 of 54 ONLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,444 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 12:55 AM

As good as she looks at 58, her "acting" was PAINFUL to watch. She acts about as well as she dances.

#29 of 54 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,052 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 05:00 AM

As good as she looks at 58, her "acting" was PAINFUL to watch. She acts about as well as she dances.

Yeah, that added some charm for me though. It was like she was just so happy with Jerry that she had almost become a Stepford Wife.

#30 of 54 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,022 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 03:41 PM

"I know that you secretly love artichokes...and PLUMS..." "KEEP YOUR VOICE DOWN, WOMAN!!" Megan Mullaly just tears into all the Tammy-craziness like a Phillies fan would a cheesesteak, and Offerman's underacting bounces off it so beautifully. I think I'm now starting to understand how she kept Will & Grace afloat for so long. "This award is the only one I'd ever give a damn about. I made my first chair when I was five, but the quality of the wood was wanting, so when I turned nine, I used my factory-wages to purchase some beautiful local walnut... Uhm, thank you... For this, uh, this all good. Night good. Uh...there it is." Oh, and now I can't stop imagining Tammy and Leslie going at it in a dumpster. Did Parks and Rec really think I wasn't a big enough dirtball without its help?

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#31 of 54 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,524 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted December 07 2012 - 04:13 PM

Great episode. Highlights already cited.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#32 of 54 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted December 08 2012 - 06:59 PM

Ya know, I think they could have built a very successful episode in Jerry's party.  Not that this one wasn't a great way to spend a half hour...I want to see what this group can do in a contained space.

#33 of 54 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,524 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted December 08 2012 - 07:03 PM

I imagine there are some nice outtakes.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#34 of 54 OFFLINE   Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,962 posts

Posted December 09 2012 - 11:22 PM

Looking at this from Diane's point of view it's very understandable.(Diane worried about Leslie) I would be a bit worried also. But, Ron showed Diane a side of himself that only April knows. So, once she sees Leslie in her workplace she'll see she treats all her friends that way, especially Anne. I think Ron and Diane, despite their differences are great together.

#35 of 54 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,052 posts

Posted December 10 2012 - 12:08 AM

But, Ron showed Diane a side of himself that only April knows.

And April figured it out on her own so Ron telling Diane makes it even more significant to him.

#36 of 54 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,022 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 04:19 AM

I will always laugh at a "Settlers of Catan" joke. Good to have the show back.

#37 of 54 ONLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,231 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted January 18 2013 - 11:13 AM

It was nice that they actually filmed in Indianapolis for last night's episode.

#38 of 54 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,052 posts

Posted February 07 2013 - 02:45 PM

I suppose Jean-Ralphio's scheme for counterfeiting Euros is best left to the imagination. There was a ton of Pawnee townsfolk/weirdos that popped up in this episode- J.J., Dr. Harris, Pistol Pete, The Douche, Crazy Ira, China Joe, Councilman Howser, Councilman Milton, Sewage Joe, Harris from animal control, the old lady who frequents town meetings and the chanting guy from town meetings.

#39 of 54 ONLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,231 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted February 07 2013 - 02:46 PM

"I have voided more than Tom's body weight in the last 12 hours alone."

#40 of 54 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,052 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 02:32 PM

Tonight's episode should easily win the Emmy this year... Of course, the show probably won't even get nominated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users