Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Resident Evil 6

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,641 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 06:43 PM

The demo came out yesterday. I'm about to play it. Already have my pre-order in. Getting the Xbox 360 version. Xbox version will be getting all DLC first. Amazon pre-order exclusive Mercenaries stage – The High Seas Fortress Very excitied about this game. It's going to be hard to play this, Borderlands 2 and Black Ops II, generally at the same time. There are three campaigns I played the first one, where you can choose between Leon and Helena. I played Helena. You both are exploring a university. It seems like they're going back to RE2 and 3, gameplay wise. It seemed more fun to play through than RE4 and 5. I know it's only the demo, but I'm not sure what I think about the gameplay graphics. Still, it's fun. Feels like Resident Evil again. The second campaign, you choose between Chris and Piers. I played as Chris. You shoot your way through a call of duty type of campaign. Battle a mini boss Here there are no zombies. It's infected soliders or enemy soliders. Some of the infected soliders, when shot, mutate like in the game prototype. Not a bad sampling of this campaign, but I prefered the zombies instead. But still fun. The third campaign is Jake and Sherry. I played with Sherry. You are walking through the streets of Japan. More infected people are chasing you. These people, when shot, mutate more and spawn into creatures. I liked this better than the second campaign, but still liking the first campaign the most.

all-banner.jpg

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,330 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 03:46 PM

Played the Leon demo campaign. Eh. I'm iffy. Maybe pick it up in a year when it's under $20. It's cool that they're going to a darker, scarier sort of tone but the controls and whole game felt weird.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Producer

• 3,087 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 06:31 AM

The demo came out yesterday. I'm about to play it. Already have my pre-order in. Getting the Xbox 360 version. Xbox version will be getting all DLC first. Amazon pre-order exclusive Mercenaries stage – The High Seas Fortress Very excitied about this game. It's going to be hard to play this, Borderlands 2 and Black Ops II, generally at the same time. There are three campaigns I played the first one, where you can choose between Leon and Helena. I played Helena. You both are exploring a university. It seems like they're going back to RE2 and 3, gameplay wise. It seemed more fun to play through than RE4 and 5. I know it's only the demo, but I'm not sure what I think about the gameplay graphics.
And that is why I can't wait to play this. I got the demo a few months ago when I bought Dragon's Dogma, and I was pretty impressed. For the first campaign they are certainly going back to the roots of RE for this one. Slow moving zombies, more emphesis on atmosphere, and suspense. It should be a great entry in the series.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,641 posts

Posted September 29 2012 - 11:46 PM

Tuesday is the big day. I'll have just enough time to load it up and maybe play for a good hour before I have to go to work. Now the challenge of giving equal time to this and Borderlands 2

all-banner.jpg

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,330 posts

Posted October 03 2012 - 05:06 PM

Wow the reviews have been brutal. Anyone pick the game up and play it?

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,641 posts

Posted October 04 2012 - 12:33 AM

Wow the reviews have been brutal. Anyone pick the game up and play it?
Yeah. I played it today. It's not that great. Probably the weakest in the series. There's just too much of everything going on. I'm still going to beat the game.

all-banner.jpg

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 6,302 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted October 04 2012 - 12:47 AM

Im on chapter 2 of the Leon campaign and am loving it so far.
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users