Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Person of Interest Season 2

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#201 of 277 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,566 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 26 2013 - 06:33 PM

Yep, I noticed the similarities to D.O.A. almost immediately. Still, enjoyable episode for sure. Glad Fusco got a reprieve.

#202 of 277 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,449 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 27 2013 - 11:55 AM

Anybody know of a decent place to watch online?

Had a house guest who was watching basketball and figured out how to cancel all four shows I have in the scheduler(instead of getting their ass up and moving to one of the other 4 rooms in the house to watch).

CBS sees fit to not stream this one( :huh: )

On Sidereel looking for it and shows a few exterior sites...of course...none with reviews.

#203 of 277 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,640 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted April 27 2013 - 12:02 PM

I don't know of any places to watch the show online. I've had to rely on written episode summaries when my DVR has failed on me.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#204 of 277 ONLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,370 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 27 2013 - 01:39 PM

Even though CBS airs the show, like all Bad Robot shows it is owned and produced by Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. has chosen not to make the show available for online streaming or download in the United States. It is available for download in many foreign markets.

#205 of 277 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,636 posts

Posted April 28 2013 - 11:29 AM

Yes, great episode and it will be interesting to see how Root will figure in

#206 of 277 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,640 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted April 28 2013 - 12:01 PM

Only two episodes left to find out!

#207 of 277 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,916 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted April 28 2013 - 04:04 PM

Only two episodes left to find out!

And we are really looking forward to those episodes!  Glad its doing so well in the ratings.

#208 of 277 OFFLINE   Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,512 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted April 29 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hope it goes to Hulu+ next season.  I'm dropping cable after this season.

#209 of 277 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 25,022 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 02 2013 - 07:56 AM

Will Root help save the machine?  There are hints to that or some other computer knowledge-based former POI helping the team save the machine from that virus.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#210 of 277 ONLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,370 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted May 02 2013 - 09:49 AM

Hope it goes to Hulu+ next season.  I'm dropping cable after this season.

You can always grab a $20 antenna and watch it in HD over-the-air.

#211 of 277 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,640 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted May 03 2013 - 02:19 PM

I'm not sure what Finch did with the incoming phone call. He obviously directed the call to the phone Reese was able to pick up, but Root picked up hers first and was talking to someone / something as well. Did he actually set things up so the first call was a decoy?

Next week will be super interesting to say the least.

#212 of 277 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,309 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted May 03 2013 - 02:40 PM

Super cool episode. I would have been satisfied if that had been the season finale but I'm glad I don't have to wait four months to see what happens next.

I'm not sure what Finch did with the incoming phone call. He obviously directed the call to the phone Reese was able to pick up, but Root picked up hers first and was talking to someone / something as well. Did he actually set things up so the first call was a decoy?

That's what I thought he did.

#213 of 277 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,566 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 03 2013 - 06:37 PM

And for a change I didn't loathe Root. I can't wait to find out how Finch outmaneuvered her.

#214 of 277 ONLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,370 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted May 03 2013 - 07:21 PM

It appeared that he split the line, so that the same incoming call was fed to both phones. So both Root and John answered, and it'll be interesting to see how the Machine breaks a tie.

I really liked how the flashbacks tied into the present day in a really thematic way. Harold wouldn't trust Nathan, and it got him killed. And now, at a crisis moment when faced with trusting his new partner John, he puts all of his eggs into that basket.

And for a change I didn't loathe Root. I can't wait to find out how Finch outmaneuvered her.

I really enjoyed Root's attempts to reconcile her convoluted feelings about Reese. On one hand she likes to sneer and look down upon him and call him an ape and Finch's little pet. On the other hand, he's the only one who's ever outsmarted her, and he was the one who finally brought the perpetrator of her friend's murder to justice. He doesn't fit into her black and white jocks and nerds, brawn and brains view of the world. And so she tries to minimize and segregate the parts of him that she can't help but admire.

#215 of 277 OFFLINE   stevelecher

stevelecher

Second Unit

• 345 posts

Posted May 03 2013 - 07:52 PM

With all the kudos here, why is the show losing steam in the ratings? As good as it is, is the show going out there a little far? Is the backstory getting to be too front and center, as opposed to the person of interest for the week? I think things may be getting a bit too fantastic, where it was just about perfect in Season one.

#216 of 277 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,640 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted May 03 2013 - 08:07 PM

It appeared that he split the line, so that the same incoming call was fed to both phones. So both Root and John answered, and it'll be interesting to see how the Machine breaks a tie.

I considered that, but it seemed pretty clear that Root answered first and had finished talking by the time Reese picked up his.

#217 of 277 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,566 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 04 2013 - 04:58 AM

I considered that, but it seemed pretty clear that Root answered first and had finished talking by the time Reese picked up his.

And what Reese heard seemed to be the actual Machine. Did we even hear what Root heard?

#218 of 277 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,309 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted May 04 2013 - 05:42 AM

And what Reese heard seemed to be the actual Machine. Did we even hear what Root heard?

No but the commercial for next episode essentially replayed that moment where she picks up the phone except it added the audio from John's phone call. I don't know if that's actually what will be in the episode or if it was creative license by the CBS promo department.

#219 of 277 OFFLINE   Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor

• 595 posts
  • LocationNew Albany, MS

Posted May 04 2013 - 08:48 AM

It may not mean anything but, the "voice" that Root heard in the promo for next week was different from the "voice" that Reese heard. The voice Reese heard was male-ish and the one Root heard was female-ish. May be creative license like you said.

#220 of 277 OFFLINE   RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,395 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted May 06 2013 - 04:07 AM

Did anyone catch the show paying homage to North by Northwest? The ghost person Thornhill and the character that Cary Grant plays Thornhill. Although, the ghost is Kaplan in North by Northwest. Maybe just a coincidence?

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users