What's new

Survivor Phillipines (season 25) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Had a good laugh at the eventual person who got booted off first on this new season of Survivor, might have played a little too loosey-goosey with the head games. Hee hee.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
He showed why Russel was such a great survivor. He tried that same kind of strategy except he was horrific at it. It was pretty funny actually.
Boy, the boob jobs are out in full force. I guess some people figured they needed full on floatation devices for later in the season.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
That one blonde girl from Utah has boobs bigger than her face. And her face looks like it's 10 or 12 years old. The whole thing is creepy.

In a weird way, the plan could have worked if only he had the sense to accept their requests to reconsider and stay. But nope, he's pretending like he wants to go even at tribal council.

Almost all of the women this season are, as they say across the pond, "not fit".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was oddly distracted by Ms. Utah's bolt-on upgrades too. :D :D
Skupin's injuries were getting ghastly!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Skupin showed some smarts to realize that even though the three youngsters went to him and were major-league sucking up...it would behoove him to develop a relationship with Lisa Whelchel. They really seemed NOT to be star-crossed in their admiration bu just looking for "another body" in their group.

Russell Swan was extremely lucky to have a Zane on his team...otherwise he'd have been the first one out this season. Horrible, horrible game play/strategy from a returnee. Tell your team you don't WANT to be the leader and then boss them around (at camp and at the challenge) to the point where you end up at tribal council. NOT a winning strategy!

And I missed the first ten minutes because my DVR didn't automatically know that last night's Survivor was part of the continuing series. The "Philippines" tacked on to the title screwed that up and I didn't double-check. I was surprised that when I tuned in at 8:11pm ET they were already heading ashore to their beaches from the rafts. I missed the entire opening with Jeff Probst and the reveal of the returnees. They crammed a LOT into those ten minutes!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The strategy used by
Zane
might have worked, if he remembered to add the vital phrase "just kidding". It was a worthy attempt at strategy, and he had plenty of conversations afterward, when he could have let the others in on it.
I was reminded of the quote from Dr. Strangelove
"Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?"
David

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Haven't read the previous posts or finished viewing the episode, so maybe she's already gone.
But RC the "investment banker/executive assistant" has got to go.
Her basic qualifications for being a banker are you need a killer instinct and be able to hail a cab in six inch heels. Great qualifications.
First impressions mean a lot and my first thought about her came from "The Abyss", she apparently sees herself as queen bitch of the universe.
I sure hope she gets voted out quickly.

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Just one episode in and I'm already enjoying this season more than the last one - no over-the-top obnoxious players like Colton, and no one so obviously superior at the game that the finale, barring a shock, is almost inevitable.
Penner is already on the outs with his tribe but he's too good a player to bet against this early - I think he'll make the merge and possibly final 5 or 6, as will Skupin. Blair may be in trouble but she's on the best team, which should keep her safe at least until the three tribes become two. Great scenery this year too- and I'm not just talking about the former Miss Teen Utah.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
The only logic I could see from the ousted player is that he was trying to direct focus onto him en masse, and them blindside Russell by having his majority alliance blindside him. But when your team is only six members that doesn't make any sense. Interesting that the ones begging him to stay, even after he said it was strategy, voted for him anyway. Clearly their votes weren't decided at tribal council so something must have been discussed at camp.

I think they learned their lesson after the last love-to-hate contestant Colton backfired on them. It might be a few seasons before we see another one like him or Hantz again.

No favorites yet. Glad to see Mike get the chance to play again. While I typically don't like the Returning Survivors concept I have no problem with this one. I wouldn't mind a Voted Off First returnees either.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by DaveHof /t/323883/survivor-phillipines-season-25#post_3977996
Great scenery this year too- and I'm not just talking about the former Miss Teen Utah.
There's silicone in them thar hills!

Listening to Yul Kwan on the Rob C's podcast (aka the Rob that sucks) and he made the point that Penner's overt search for the HII is taking time away from forming alliances and that Jeff Kent's need to be the alpha dog in the tribe means that Penner must go. This will be difficult for Penner to get past.

At some point, they're going to have to airlift Kent out of the game due to his busted MCL. Those can heal without surgery, but I don't think the activity required by Survivor is going to help in his recovery. Unless, of course, he was faking how bad it was to score tough guy points.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by Stan /t/323883/survivor-phillipines-season-25#post_3977983
Haven't read the previous posts or finished viewing the episode, so maybe she's already gone.
But RC the "investment banker/executive assistant" has got to go.
Her basic qualifications for being a banker are you need a killer instinct and be able to hail a cab in six inch heels. Great qualifications.
First impressions mean a lot and my first thought about her came from "The Abyss", she apparently sees herself as queen bitch of the universe.
I sure hope she gets voted out quickly.
I felt the exact same way - wow, hailing a cab...really? Her ego will be her undoing...

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Where in the universe was that idiot Zane hiding his brain?
Don't think I ever recall anything that lame on Survivor. He might as well have been wearing signs saying beat me, kick me, vote me out tonight.
Whatever his thought process it massively backfired. Bye bye Zane.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I think the only move more stupid than Zane's was back when Big Brother was fairly new. Don't remember the exact details, but a guy named Marcellas was on the chopping block, however he won the POV.
For whatever reason, I guess he assumed the other person would be voted out because he was so well liked, he didn't use the veto to save himself. Votes were cast and he was sent packing. Must be one of the stupidest moves in reality show history.
Just like Survivor, these are games and you've got to look out for number one. You can't trust people, everybody wants the prize and will do anything necessary to get it.
Zane was a victim of his own stupidity and social Darwinism where the weak players are eliminated.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Yul Kwan was explaining how incredibly awful Zane's strategy was. As a reverse psychology gambit, it was going to fail because the tribe had every reason to vote Zane out:

1) At the beginning of the show, keeping strong teammates for challenges is important. The fact that Zane was awful and completely out of shape already made him a target.
2) He asked them to vote him out. Repeatedly.
3) He told them he had alliances with everyone, meaning he wasn't a trustworthy person to align with.
4) He told them Russell had the HII, which meant it was in their own best interest NOT to vote for Russell and therefore vote for Zane.

That he kept up the ruse well into tribal was baffling. Rob Cesternino (aka the Rob that sucks) thinks Zane did indeed quit and made up this whole strategy as a cover. I tend to agree with that -- none of it made any sense at all, and Zane was sabotaging himself all over the place.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Hanson /t/323883/survivor-phillipines-season-25#post_3979451

The fact that Zane was..completely out of shape...

This is something I don't really recall seeing before in Survivor and really struck me as surprising--a contestant who couldn't even run a short distance without getting totally winded.

Now not every contestant is ripped or young or an athlete...but most have been able to participate in Survivor challenges without keeling over in exhaustion.

Zane was still sucking air even after the challenge was over and his teammates had beein out in the water in the canoe and build the puzzle back on the beach!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
They've had overweight older gentlemen on the show before who were not in the greatest of shape. They tend to get airlifted out of the game (see Mike Borelli and Gary 'Papa Smurf' Stritesky).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Scout was also someone who came to mind.

But Zane was a young guy who must've never gotten off his couch...or maybe had a medical condition.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Scout was also someone who came to mind. 
But Zane was a young guy who must've never gotten off his couch...or maybe had a medical condition.
Forgot about Scout. Was she that cranky postal worker who made herself boss when they filmed in Africa? Not to be sexist, but it seems a lot of the "older" women come off as to bossy, bitchy, etc. and tend to leave fairly soon.
Definitely more of a younger person's game from the physical point of view, but Tom the fireman won a few years ago. I also think Skupin could pull it off this season, glad he was allowed back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks