What's new

Community Season 4 (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Guess I'll start the thread since there's new news out about who will play someone's parent.
Community returns Oct 19th for 13 episodes.
James Brolin will be in the Thanksgiving episode as Winger's dad.
There were talks of
Bill Murray playing his dad,
but with the firing of Harmon probably changed that.
Episode is titled.
“Cooperative Escapism in Familial Relations.”
In the episode,
which airs in November, Shirley (Yvette Nicole Brown) hosts an awkward gathering at her place with the study group, while Jeff winds up at the house of his father, whom he hasn’t seen since he was a kid, and a different kind of discomfort ensues.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Community's been delayed:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118060463

NBC said in a statement that the network's success in launching new and returning series over the past few weeks made it clear that they needed to "continue to concentrate our promotional strength on our new shows that are scheduled Monday through Wednesday."

Which means they might use it to fill a void left when Animal Practice or some other new show gets canceled.

Oh yeah, Whitney got delayed too.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Any news on when they think Community might air? I was really ramped up for an October 19th premier.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Also, Whitney's been given a premiere-date -- I think it's taking Animal Practice's place. With Practice canceled, there's a primetime monkey-slot wide open for Annie's Boobs.
...I'll admit, if this is an example of the new crew's stuff, it's hearteningly familiar without feeling too pastiche. Still keeping fingers crossed. Rolling Stone gave the first episode a rave review. It said the show is just as weird and funny as it always has been.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I think I read somewhere speculation (how's that for definitive!) that when 30 Rock ends it's season Community will take it's place.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Those of you who don't know, a group of us went to Paramount Studios for the HTF meet.
Part of us went to Happy Endings sets and the rest of us got to go inside Greendale.
I was one of the lucky ones that got to walk inside Greendale Community college.
I walked around inside the cafeteria.
Saw Shirley's sandwiches.
Also stepped inside the rec room area where the vending machines, pool table and sofas are at.
Saw Annie's bedroom
Walked inside of the library, all parts of it including the study groups main room.
Walked inside of the principal's front office area.
Walked the halls.
Looked at all the flyers and posters they had hanging up.
Saw the outside bulletin boards they scatter about the outside of Greendale.
Quite an amazing experience.
Others had a different experience.
When people find the time to report back with their HTF experience,
Head on over to the Hollywood 2012 meet area to read people's accounts of what they got to see and do.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Community returns Feb 7th. Keeping it on Thursdays.
Other bit of Info to share while I visited the Community set.
All the books are real. They were donated to be used for the TV show.
The front entrance of the library is actually 12th street, Studio 32
Just outside the doors of the library, you can see another set of doors,
Those doors say Greendale on them, but it's actually a prop dept.
Reading some of the flyers on the billboards
Tuesdays are sushi Tuesdays in the cafeteria
Mondays are Bingo nights in the cafeteria
Dean appreciation week is April 19th-23rd
Dean Pelton has a Presidential Election Fashion Club
Spring Carnival April 17th-25th
A lot of flyers for roller derby tryouts

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Nice that it's going to be on Thursdays again, instead of the Friday Death-Slot™, but holy cow, can they not put it at a :30-spot?
Still, good news. If it's gonna be that close to sweeps, NBC should be giving it a halfway-decent promotional-push, at the very least.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Chevy Chase has left the building. He evidently won't be in the final 1-2 episodes of the show. Wasn't fired/didn't quit. "Mutual decision":
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20121121/us-chevy-chase-community/?utm_hp_ref=green&ir=green
"Darkest Timeline," indeed.
Chevy is a miserable, bitter old man who hasn't been funny in ages, and this show made him funny again. Then, of course, he ruins it by helping to get Harmon fired, and well...he won't be on TV again for a long time after this. Well, he will be when he drops dead.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I read on Twitter that they filmed the finale out of sequence, so he might be in that still.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The Chase-news is sending me to YouTube, to look for Stephen Colbert's part of the Chevy Chase Roast.
And I found it.

It might be better without him. If he was being combative with the writers, and didn't want to be there, I welcome the change. His character was sort of marginalized last season anyway. He can look back fondly at how he shit all over the last people who ever hired him. I think Lindsay Lohan is more employable at this point.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
I think Lindsay Lohan is more employable at this point.
Definitely. The media has torn Lohan to pieces so now that the destruction is over, it's time for them to pretend to root for her comeback so someone would hire her. Chevy Chase is just thought of as a mean old bastard.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
So, just to clarify...Community is somehow "beneath" Chevy Chase, whereas this is not:
[VIDEO]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEBGC62pjwA[/VIDEO]
I seriously doubt we'll get another season, so I want them to go all-out and do a straight up "Poochie"-exit for Pierce, complete with a freeze-frame cutout flying offscreen. "I have to go now, my home planet needs me." Then just pretend he never existed for the final two episodes (except for the fact that he's gonna be in those episodes).
Also, in Funniest Thing I've Read Today™ News...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I hit the mute button and don't really look at commercials but I noticed that one during The Simpsons tonight. I didn't know if it was new or old but I had the same amused thought about what Chevy thinks is and isn't worthy of his talents.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
couldn't they incorporate one of their "timelines" into Pierce leaving or never existing?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Ladies and gentlemen -- you're welcome:
Damn. Lookin' at that pic, I'm battling a bulge, myself.
(If movies have taught me anything, pre-Super Soldier Serum Cap in this universe surely would've just been Brie wearing glasses with her hair up.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks