-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

15 must-have Warner Brothers movies from Warner Archives DVD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 of 17 FrankXS

FrankXS

Stunt Coordinator

• 213 posts

Posted September 16 2012 - 10:44 AM

Oklahoma Kid- James Cagney,Humphrey Bogart Here Comes the Navy-Cagney, Pat O'Brien Boy Meets Girl-Cagney, O'Brien Ceiling Zero-Cagney June Bride - Bette Davis Winter Meeting - Davis Story of Louis Pasteur-Paul Muni Dispatch From Reuters-Edward G. Robinson Unholy Partners-Robinson Hatchet Man-Robinson Sea Hawk- Errol Flynn Silver River-Flynn Sweet Adeline-Irene Dunne 20 Million Sweethearts-Dick Powell,Ginger Rogers Shipmates Forever-Powell, Ruby Keeler I WOULD HAVE INCLUDED "BEYOND THE FOREST" BUT IT'S IN RIGHTS HELL.

#2 of 17 GregoryMesh

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor

• 520 posts

Posted September 16 2012 - 11:16 AM

Sea Hawk released as part of Errol Flynn: The Signature Collection and separately and Shipmates Forever was released as part of Warner Archive Collection

#3 of 17 FrankXS

FrankXS

Stunt Coordinator

• 213 posts

Posted September 16 2012 - 11:35 PM

My mistake on Sea Hawk......I meant Sea Wolf with Edward G. Robinson and John Garfield. I had forgotten that Shipmates Forever was on a Warner Archive musicals promotion.

#4 of 17 Charles H

Charles H

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted September 17 2012 - 03:48 AM

THE SEA WOLF and SILVER RIVER have issues with missing footage. I would also add ONE FOOT IN HEAVEN to the MIA list.
Charles Hoyt

#5 of 17 John Morgan

John Morgan

Supporting Actor

• 664 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted September 17 2012 - 05:01 AM

I wouldn't mind a nice remastered SANTE FE TRAIL. Also, ONE FOOT IN HEAVEN, and a remastered version of ROUGHLY SPEAKING, which was one of the early Archive releases.

#6 of 17 cadavra

cadavra

Stunt Coordinator

• 156 posts

Posted September 17 2012 - 07:12 AM

Most of the key Warren William titles (EMPLOYEES ENTRANCE, SKYSCRAPER SOULS, et al) are still MIA. Mike S.

#7 of 17 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,604 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted September 17 2012 - 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by cadavra 

Most of the key Warren William titles (EMPLOYEES ENTRANCE, SKYSCRAPER SOULS, et al) are still MIA.
Mike S.

I have asked WAC on Facebook about EMPLOYEES ENTRANCE and they had responded saying that the elements were in very poor shape and they were looking into the problem.  I had the laserdiscs of both above titles and really enjoyed them so I hope WAC can find decent elements.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#8 of 17 AlanP

AlanP

Supporting Actor

• 716 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 01:38 AM

I want all the sword and sandal and Steve Reeves on DVD from them

#9 of 17 BrianRi

BrianRi

Stunt Coordinator

• 167 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 09:29 AM

Yeah, I can't believe The Sea Wolf has never been released, and I've never even heard any rumblings about the possibility. Wassup wit' dat???

#10 of 17 battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 695 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted September 28 2012 - 02:26 PM

One Foot in Heaven

Test Pilot

The Story of Louis Pasteur

Trader Horn (With Trader Horn: The Journey Back)

Here Comes the Navy

The Barrets of Wimpole Street

Anthony Adverse

Dodsworth

Did I miss any Best Picture Noms?

I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#11 of 17 John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi

Stunt Coordinator

• 66 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 04:56 PM

Hey Good Lookin (by Ralph Bakshi)
Warners: Please release the rest of Taz-Mania, Duck Dodgers, Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, Dexter's Lab, Courage the Cowardly Dog, all of Road Rovers, Histeria, Cow & Chicken, Saturday Pants, Pinky Elmyra & The Brain, Tiny Toons Night Ghoulery & Spring Break specials, Wakko's Wish and a complete uncut Tex Avery set (with correct colors and NO DVNR)

#12 of 17 Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,122 posts

Posted September 29 2012 - 01:20 AM

I'm pretty sure DODSWORTH resides with Goldwyn and not with WB/MGM. TRADER HORN looks lousy on TCM and I'm sure requires a lot of work.

#13 of 17 Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 819 posts

Posted September 29 2012 - 11:30 AM

The 70s unreleased: RAFFERTY AND THE GOLDUST TWINS THE THIEF WHO CAME TO DINNER THE PHYNX ODE TOBILLY JOE DANDY THE ALL AMERICAN GIRL NORMAN IS THAT YOU THE MAGIC GARDEN OF STANLEY SWEETHEART THE SEA GYPSIES AND 80S] INDEPENDENCE DAY SOUP FOR ONE TWICE UPON A TIME HEARTS AND ARMOUR PANDEMONIUM FIRST FAMIIY BUDDY BUDDY

#14 of 17 Charles H

Charles H

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted September 29 2012 - 11:52 AM

DODSWORTH is available on MGM/UA dvd.
Charles Hoyt

#15 of 17 ajabrams

ajabrams

Second Unit

• 254 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 05:19 AM

DODSWORTH is available on MGM/UA dvd.

The MGM/UA version is actually officially OP (hence the inflated price on Amazon) but the film will probably be re-issued by WB under their Goldwyn distribution deal (hopefully in Blu-ray!).

#16 of 17 Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,122 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 05:51 AM

FIRST FAMILY is available for rental or purchase via Amazon Instant as an "Archive Collection" title, so I assume it's being readied for Archive release. NORMAN is also available via Amazon Instant and is presumably in the Archive pipeline, too.

#17 of 17 Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 819 posts

Posted October 02 2012 - 02:43 PM

Thanks Bob. Im an Amazon Prime member and havent come across these. Amazon needs to be on Instantwatcher. TRAGEDY OF A RIDICULOUS MAN is also Mia. Looking forward to seeing FIRST FAMILY again. Despite having a sealed vhs copy..ive,never seen NORMAN IS,THAT YOY. I used to read my geandmothers McCalls mag reviews and they despised it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users