What's new

The Official Scream Factory Thread (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Another post from Scream Factory page in response to a poster asking if TERRORVISION and THE NEST would be on blu-ray: [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]"We are still assessing the transfers and will comment on these two at a later date. Please understand that not every release from our new deal will be able to be in Bluray format due to several factors. We'll try our best but we have budgets to adhere to, quality standards we need to be at. Thanks for understanding."[/COLOR]

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The wait is nearly over for Shout! Factory's first two titles from their Scream Factory line, Halloween II (1981) and Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1983), being released this coming Tuesday. Looking forward to see how the transfers look on Blu-ray (and also looking forward to seeing the TV cut of Halloween II on DVD (the Scream Factory title Halloween II being a DVD/Blu-ray combo).

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Halloween II isn't among my favorite Halloween sequels but it's the kind of release that's really hard to pass up. The transfer is superb, the extras are terrific - an overall awesome Blu-ray topped off by snazzy new cover art (in addition to the original poster art, which is ALWAYS a plus). Looking forward to PHANTASM II, a longtime personal favorite. Never seen DEATH VALLEY but it's been on my wantlist since day 1.
The acquisition of (some of) the MGM catalog is the best news ever! It's a great time to be a horror/cult film enthusiast.

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
Very excited about the releases of PHANTASM II and TERRORVISION and about the possibility of THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN and THE VIDEO DEAD coming to this label.

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
The possibilities of this deal are endless...just from my wishlist of unreleased MGM horror:
Next of Kin (1982)
Stone Cold Dead
Death Weekend (The House by the Lake)
The Borrower
and some Larry Cohen:
The Ambulance
Full Moon High
Special Effects
Not to mention all of the ones they can re-release with better transfers and special features...

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Cliff mentioned in a post on Blu-Ray.com that they've already chosen all the movies. The list is locked. God, I hope most of the ones I want are on it.

MLamarre said:
The possibilities of this deal are endless...just from my wishlist of unreleased MGM horror:
The Town That Dreaded Sundown
The Video Dead
Next of Kin
A Cold Night's Death
Prison
The Horror Show
The Evictors
The Reincarnation of Peter Proud
Stone Cold Dead
Seizure
Not to mention all of the ones they can re-release with better transfers and special features...
Ive never seen & / or heard of many of these. If I had to guess, Id say it would be one of the top 2 on your list. I just hope we all get something we want as Fridays come

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I'm almost sure that's a given. I also think they must have THE DARK HALF, SCANNERS and LORD OF ILLUSIONS all of which could use new, spiffy editions.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Renny Harlin's Prison (1988) was announced today as forthcoming on DVD and Blu-ray in 2013.

Kneeteartap

Auditioning
Real Name
Pepperwinkle P.H.D.
MLamarre said:
The Reincarnation of Peter Proud
REINCARNATION OF PETER PROUD is Paramount.
DEATH WEEKEND is Lionsgate.

I heard its a well sought after/popular title...I have heard of it but havent seen it..probably rent it first, just like Prison and TerrorVision

Nailwraps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony DiPaola
cineMANIAC said:
THE VIDEO DEAD (1987) has been announced, for the three of us on here who care for this sort of thing.
Make that 4! Another nice addition for my zombie collection. ;)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
david steigman said:
I heard its a well sought after/popular title...I have heard of it but havent seen it..probably rent it first, just like Prison and TerrorVision
More or less, the same here (I've seen Prison though). I'm hoping Scream does some more early 1980's stuff rather than late 80's but it's still nice to see some more obscure titles come out.

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
All 3 announced titles so far have been on my wishlist so this is getting better and better for me by the week. :)

Like Cliff said in the fear.net article there will be *popular * titles like They Live along with the lesser or unknowns but to an audience that has seen them ( Video Dead, Death Valley) I can see a lot of VHS tapes being sold online. I think its a good business model to have diversity...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks