-

Photo
- - - - -

Harry Potter Wizards Colection - Where are the reviews?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 of 22 OFFLINE   Joe Caps

Joe Caps

Screenwriter

• 1,933 posts

Posted September 14 2012 - 01:40 AM

this collection was released last week, yet no one on the net has covered it at all. What are the new extras like ? Are these new transfers? Has anyone bought it? What do you think?

#2 of 22 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,901 posts

Posted September 14 2012 - 01:44 AM

I think it's a rather expensive set for Warner to be sending

review copies out to everyone.

The only reviews I suspect you will see is from people who

actually ponied up for the set.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 22 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted September 14 2012 - 02:07 AM

I received the set, but not really for review.   To be honest, I'm not sure what there is to really review because as near as I can tell, the discs are just exact duplicates of most of what's already been released.   So, I don't know what you could say about it except the packaging and a few (and I mean few) extras.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#4 of 22 OFFLINE   Cinema Squid

Cinema Squid

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted September 14 2012 - 02:37 AM

Here are two reviews: http://www.blu-ray.c...y/39646/#Review http://dvdmg.com/har...ollection.shtml

#5 of 22 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,487 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted September 14 2012 - 04:32 AM

Warner Brothers did not send HTF the complete Wizarding Collection, but only a sampling of the bonus material, making it a bit of a puzzle on how to review. If they had sent ALL the new bonus items, that would have made things a little simpler (though one could not really comment on the packaging), but they didn't. As it is, the review would essentially be an evaluation of parts seven and eight of the "Creating the World" documentary that has been included in the Ultimate Editions. Everything else would just be a regurgitation of the press release or reference to past reviews of the Ultimate Editions.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#6 of 22 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,378 posts

Posted September 14 2012 - 04:50 AM

I don't know what to think of this set. It sounds great, but I've been saying that the original blu-ray editions of the first two films were sub-par. I would like to ask if anyone has the Ultimate Editions (or this boxed set) that if the transfers on those two films have been upgraded?

#7 of 22 OFFLINE   Mark Oates

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor

• 874 posts

Posted September 14 2012 - 11:10 AM

Apparently the UK edition has suffered a major duplication SNAFU - Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince are the theatrical editions rather than the "Ultimate Editions" (with In-Movie Experience and DTS-HD Audio). Deathly Hallows 3D Part One and Two have their labels transposed.
J Mark Oates
Do Not Be Afraid. That sound is simply my mind boggling.

#8 of 22 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted September 14 2012 - 12:11 PM

this collection was released last week, yet no one on the net has covered it at all. What are the new extras like ? Are these new transfers? Has anyone bought it? What do you think?

As mentioned, Warners only sent out the new bonus discs for review. Otherwise, it's essentially a re-packaging of the 6 already released Ultimate Editions + the Deathly Hallows and some new bonus features. No video upgrades.
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#9 of 22 OFFLINE   Joe Caps

Joe Caps

Screenwriter

• 1,933 posts

Posted September 14 2012 - 03:00 PM

Warners - it would be great if you got to it and released Deathly Hollows ultimate editions. they are listed for mid October release on Amazon, bu Amazon does not list the extra features. I shlep over to Warner Home Vid site, who doesn't seem to know they are on the way. It would also be great if Waers gave us a small package with just the extr new discs stuff fro the Wizards collection. This set would be a must be if earlier rumored stuff had appeared A. Some new transfers Bl more cut scenes released C. Gag reels for each film. At least half of the films could use better transfers.

#10 of 22 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,487 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted September 21 2012 - 11:38 AM

Rumor is the UE for Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 and 2 will be a Target exclusive coming out on 9/25.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#11 of 22 OFFLINE   Ruly2

Ruly2

Second Unit

• 395 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 01:01 PM

Rumor is the UE for Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 and 2 will be a Target exclusive coming out on 9/25.

You are correct in that the Ultimate Edition of 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Prts1&2' will be a Target Exclusive: Warner Brothers has snuck this one up on us, but at least we finally have a reputable confirmation: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2 will be released and complete the Ultimate Edition series next week. Word came via Target in-store promotional advertisements which picture “Years 1 and 2″ in one Ultimate Edition set for release on September 25 (one week from today). The top of the box bills it as a “2 Movie Ultimate Edition.” See it below: http://www.hypable.c...release-date-2/ One thing do not know is. Weather the two parts are edited together or not...

#12 of 22 OFFLINE   Joe Caps

Joe Caps

Screenwriter

• 1,933 posts

Posted September 22 2012 - 10:35 AM

I just got the color weekly from Target, and there is NOTHING about the Harry Potter in it. IF this is a reaol set, would anyone know what the extras are that are in it, how many discs for the blu and the price?

#13 of 22 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted September 22 2012 - 12:11 PM

I just got the color weekly from Target, and there is NOTHING about the Harry Potter in it. IF this is a reaol set, would anyone know what the extras are that are in it, how many discs for the blu and the price?

There have been many reports of posters advertising the sale in store as well as Target employees that have already seen the boxes being unloaded from the trucks in preparation for Tuesday. 99% sure it a real release, but no details of its contents yet.

#14 of 22 OFFLINE   Joe Caps

Joe Caps

Screenwriter

• 1,933 posts

Posted September 25 2012 - 07:14 AM

I got up early to go to Target to ge the Dethly Hallows ultimate edition. the week has not been kind. My blu ray player, which has been having problems, died. No problem. I am mostly getting this set for the extras. I 'll just buy the sd version. Warners did not make any !!!!! Warner Vid. I am very much pissed off. I have been a very faithful Harry Potter fan. i've through some very bad editoins and some really uglytransfers (Half Blood Prince, deathly Hallows part one- you should be ahsmaed). Now I am screwed on this one too !!!!!!

#15 of 22 OFFLINE   John Skoda

John Skoda

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted September 25 2012 - 10:52 AM

It does exist--I just bought one! Had to go to two Targets, but the second had one copy. Package is a 6-disc set with both movies on blu and DVD (and Ultraviolet). I paid $49.99.

#16 of 22 OFFLINE   dlbsyst

dlbsyst

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted September 25 2012 - 12:53 PM

I just got back home with one too. Also had to go to two different Targets. The first Target nearest to my house has the one copy wrapped in the package destroying spider security and the box was destroyed in the process. I talked to the manager and he called another store on the other side of town and they had one that was perfect.

#17 of 22 ONLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,515 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted September 25 2012 - 02:56 PM

They were sold out at the Target I visited, but they said they would be getting more later in the week. If anyone picks up a spare, please PM me and I'll gladly reimburse.

#18 of 22 OFFLINE   Mark VH

Mark VH

Stunt Coordinator

• 163 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 02:46 AM

Might be a dumb question, but what's the word on extra footage in these? Are they just the theatrical cuts with the documentary and additional extras? Or are they extended editions? If so, extended by how much?

#19 of 22 OFFLINE   John Skoda

John Skoda

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted September 26 2012 - 03:44 AM

I assume they are the theatrical cuts, but both films have "Deleted Scenes" included in the supplementary section.

#20 of 22 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,252 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted September 26 2012 - 10:02 AM

I thought the Ultimate Editions were the extended cuts?
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users