Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Glee - Season 4

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 of 71 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,542 posts

Posted April 15 2013 - 04:32 PM

Has anyone here checked out Pitch Perfect?  Now THAT is what "Glee" SHOULD be....

#62 of 71 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,277 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted April 15 2013 - 04:48 PM

Has anyone here checked out Pitch Perfect?  Now THAT is what "Glee" SHOULD be....

I totally agree.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#63 of 71 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,277 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted April 19 2013 - 11:10 AM

Renewed for 2 years; contracts for Season 5 & 6.

http://www.deadline....to-go-season-6/

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#64 of 71 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,747 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 19 2013 - 12:39 PM

I just read that a little while ago. Very surprising this big show of confidence for the show whose ratings have been slipping for the past two years.

#65 of 71 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,601 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 03:50 PM

Ratings are half of what it was at its peak. But everyone's ratings are down, so it's doing well relative to the competition, especially in the demo. They also make money off of the music. So the show is too profitable to kill off, no matter how bad it's getting. At this point, my wife isn't even that enthusiastic about watching anymore.

#66 of 71 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,747 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 20 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'm wondering if Fox will move it back to Tuesday nights next season. Their experiment with a two hour block of four comedies on Tuesday did not produce stellar results this season.

#67 of 71 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,189 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted April 20 2013 - 10:31 PM

I am in the camp with moving it down my must watch list. And if I miss an episode I don't get upset like I used to. I am glad they got picked up for two more seasons though as itis still one of the better shows on the air. 6

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#68 of 71 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,312 posts

Posted April 22 2013 - 03:59 PM

Just watched the last four episodes, clear back to the "Movie" episode and it seems to be getting its groove back a bit. Loved the Top Gun/Risky Business mix by the guys, very energetic and well done. The girls songs, okay.

The Becky shooting episode was terrible, hopefully they're not done with that, she'll confess, the truth will come out and Sue will be back. As people have mentioned, Becky didn't learn a thing from that and Sue handled it poorly covering up for her.

Nice that Rachel finally saw the truth in her boy whore and dumped him. I used to not really care for Santana, but her brutal honesty is kind of refreshing.

With a two season renewal, maybe they can write in some longer story arcs and know they'll be able to follow through with them.

Not a perfect show but enjoyable, certainly the musical numbers, they rarely go wrong.

Stan

#69 of 71 OFFLINE   Mark_B

Mark_B

Second Unit

• 290 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted May 13 2013 - 01:15 AM

Well it's on to the Nationals set in LA this year. You can tell Ryan Murphy grew up here in the Indianapolis area by the constant references to school names and such. My favorite line from last week's show which pegs the weather obsessed Hossiers to a tee:

Indy has declined to host the regionals due to the threat of possible tornados!

I just about fell out of my chair hearing that.

#70 of 71 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,747 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 13 2013 - 04:40 AM

I was completely disenchanted with the season finale. The competitions between the schools used to be exciting with the outcomes really in doubt. Now they aren't (didn't care for any of the music this time out). With this likely Heather Morris' last hurrah (she's not coming back next season as I understand; I believe she's pregnant in real life), a Brittney-centered season finale was really limp, and none of the soapy storylines with Ryder and Blaine were done with much pizzazz. Nice to see Patty Duke and Meredith Baxter, but they didn't get to do much either.

#71 of 71 OFFLINE   Mark_B

Mark_B

Second Unit

• 290 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted May 13 2013 - 05:18 AM

I was completely disenchanted with the season finale. The competitions between the schools used to be exciting with the outcomes really in doubt. Now they aren't (didn't care for any of the music this time out). With this likely Heather Morris' last hurrah (she's not coming back next season as I understand; I believe she's pregnant in real life), a Brittney-centered season finale was really limp, and none of the soapy storylines with Ryder and Blaine were done with much pizzazz. Nice to see Patty Duke and Meredith Baxter, but they didn't get to do much either.

Wow! I had no idea this was the finale. I assumed the Nationals compition would be the finale like other years. Now the Britanny and that other guy's story line makes sense. Both leaving before they get to the Nationals.

At least they don't have to worry about the Tornados in Indy. We have very scary weather here. I remember a few years ago it was announced that the NWS had removed Indiana from "Tornado Alley". They had a fit here and the Governer intervened and got us added back in. Not the original "Tornado Alley", but a special Indiana one.

Edited by Mark_B, May 13 2013 - 05:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users