Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Onkyo TX-NR616

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Arwaman

Arwaman

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted September 13 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hi everyone very informative forum you all have here. I've been looking at the Onkyo TX-NR616 series and it seems to have all the specs that I need for my purposes but I keep reading about how there have been major quality control issues and hdmi problems with this receiver. I wanted to know if there were people that didn't have these problems or is it seriously widespread. thank you What would be alternative options around this price range? thank oyu

#2 of 4 elwaylite

elwaylite

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted September 13 2012 - 12:15 PM

Denon is always a good choice too.
Video: TC-P65GT30 / UD5007
Audio: Marantz SR6005 / Klipsch RF-82 II (2) / Klipsch RC-62 II / VTF-15H

#3 of 4 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,797 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted September 13 2012 - 03:08 PM

What widespread 616 problems? The X1X haven't been out long enough to have widespread problems... Unless you mean "Onkyo in general"... Then yes, you'd be correct that the company that owns 40% of the AVR market makes the most failures. Just like Toyota makes more lemons than FIAT does.

#4 of 4 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,797 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted September 13 2012 - 03:41 PM

By the way, I did look for reviews of the 616... Seems there are some people with firmware issues. Denon had a problem 2 years ago when the first firmware update would cause the receivers to die(the lan connection overheated, taking the receiver with it...oops) There are also apparent flaky handshakes. So, HDMI handshake is the one big problem with HDMI in general. So, "flaky handshake" happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users