What's new

Boardwalk Empire: Season Three (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
TravisR said:
The new season starts on Sunday at 9 PM.
After the events of last season, it'll be interesting to see where they go this year.
My DVR is set to go.
I'm curious too, after the way it ended last season.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
A bit disappointed in the opener...

Only because of Nucky's passing comment about Margaret
selling off his land....

...I mean, that was one of the big "oh sh*t" moments at the
end of last season, and I expected retribution.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Like the season openers of many shows, it was alot of necessary evil stuff since they have to set up the characters & their stories and fill in the blanks of what happened between the two seasons.
The new gangster (Rosetti?) seems pretty threatening. Nucky, Rothstein, Luciano, etc. have no problem killing people but this guy seems like a psycho first and a businessman second.
I'm curious why it took Harrow all that time to get around to getting revenge against Manny for killing Angela. Obviously, the real world answer is that the writers wanted it to happen onscreen rather than be referred to.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Loved the premiere. Cannavale is a great addition to the cast. I'll be shocked if he makes it past this season though. Rothstein is awesome. That smile he gave when Rosetti called him a "smug, kike midget" was priceless.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Is no one watching this?

The season has been great, but I have to admit Margaret really brings the show to a grinding halt every scene she's in. She needs to go. Interestingly, the stuff with Nucky is also much less interesting than what's going on with Rothstein, Luciano, Lansky, Harlow, Gyp or even Chalky.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Loved the scene with Harrow coming to visit Nucky with Mickey in tow.
ScottH said:
Is no one watching this?
I have a bunch of stuff going on right now but I always see the show when it airs. No waiting for On Demand for me. :)
Jeff Brooks said:
I will say that Bobby Cannavale sure is getting into his role as Gyp.
Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen him anything before (not that I remember anyway) but he's great as Rosetti. He brings a menace where you're constantly wondering if he's going to fly off the handle but at the same time, I also like him because he's so 'evil'. You can tell that the actor is enjoying the hell out of the role too.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm taking odds on which person kills Rosetti. Right now, I'm thinking Harrow from long distance with a scope.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
What an exceptionally terrific episode this week.

Things should really start heating up now.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/323668/boardwalk-empire-season-three#post_3989052
What an exceptionally terrific episode this week.

Things should really start heating up now.
Meet the infamous Bugsy Siegel, who was only 17 during last night's action.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/323668/boardwalk-empire-season-three#post_3989076
I wonder if Rosetti is going to be mad?
Mad, he'll get, but also dead in due time.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So are we to assume it was Rothstein who ordered the hit, since he was there when Rosetti told the other kid to bring him a paper everyday? Since Rothstein had indicated earlier taking out Rosetti would create more problems for him, were the directions to take out everyone but Rosetti? Also seemed strange that they would let that kid in the inn at all...why not just take the newspaper?

What was the Taxi Driver homage? Just the shooting scene?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
ScottH said:
So are we to assume it was Rothstein who ordered the hit, since he was there when Rosetti told the other kid to bring him a paper everyday?
I'm sure it'll be made clear next episode but it must have been Rothstein since, like you said, he knew about the newspaper delivery. I also assume that Rosetti was supposed to be killed but that went out the window when Rosetti started shooting back.
What was the Taxi Driver homage?  Just the shooting scene?
Yeah, that shot panning over top of the carnage.
I was happy to see Eddie Cantor back again. Not that I'm an authority on the real man but the actor just seems to perfectly capture a vaudeville performer to me.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I love this show. Maybe I'm just sick but the scene with Van Alden and the iron had me in hysterics.
And the end took me completely by surprise. Clearly, something was going down but I sure wasn't expecting that.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
You could see the build up with Van Alden coming from early in the scene. Michael Shannon really sold Van Alden's glee at finally striking back at his tormentors. The look of satisfaction on his face while holding the iron on the wise acre's face was palpable.
The event at the end surprised me not because it happened, but because of what did happen. When I saw the freeze frame of Billie Kent, you knew some bad stuff was going to happen. Given the nature of the attack and Owen's familiarity with that method will Nucky falsely suspect Owen? Just a wild theory.
- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Walter Kittel /t/323668/boardwalk-empire-season-three#post_3997765
You could see the build up with Van Alden coming from early in the scene. Michael Shannon really sold Van Alden's glee at finally striking back at his tormentors. The look of satisfaction on his face while holding the iron on the wise acre's face was palpable.
The event at the end surprised me not because it happened, but because of what did happen. When I saw the freeze frame of Billie Kent, you knew some bad stuff was going to happen. Given the nature of the attack and Owen's familiarity with that method will Nucky falsely suspect Owen? Just a wild theory.
- Walter.
Nah, Nucky knows exactly who would have done this act as Owen could and would've done it successfully without hurting so many other people.

There's going to be a lot of killing over the remaining epidsodes and I still think it's going to be Harrow that kills Rosetti.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
There's going to be a lot of killing over the remaining epidsodes and I still think it's going to be Harrow that kills Rosetti. 
I'm curious who will end up killing Gillian*- Luciano or Nucky? Luciano isn't going to like having been suckered into giving up the info on going to Babette's and Nucky isn't going to be happy that his girl is most likely dead.
* Assuming that actually happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks